Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Saltmarsh - recruiting for relaunch

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Saltmarsh - recruiting for relaunch

Post by Breila »

The game has been on hold since last summer, because two players stopped posting. They had promised to return in autumn, but didn't. I've waited for one other player to complete her written exams for High School (equivalent, she's not in the US), and now we're ready for relaunch.

We can start either the week after next or the week after Easter.

Third-level Characters of all classes and races are accepted in principle. The group is fairly balanced right now, and we can carry along NPCs to round it up.

The setting is a temperate coastal land, with small towns and villages and a weak central authority. Technology corresponds to the baroque period, but without firearms.

We have one module to conclude with will be mostly exploration now that the "villains" have been vanquished. Characters who wish to join now should have a backstory that puts them in or around a fishing and trading village.

In a few weeks, we can hopefully start a new module, and then a wider variety of characters could join.

If you're interested, drop me a PM with character ideas, and I can add you to those who can post in the forum.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Saltmarsh - recruiting for relaunch

Post by Stik »

This is actually a good point in the "storyline" to relaunch.
The big task having been completed, the PCs of the players who have dropped out can go their own way, and the campaign can follow the remaining ones as they move on to the next chapter.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Sounds good! I will have to do some reading on how to create a 3rd level character but count me in to come up with something.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'd suggest that you use "Roll Character Stats" on invisiblecaste.com, method "die roll", "4d6, drop lowest" and arrange to taste to get the basis.
To get that first-level character to 3rd level, you need to roll hit dice twice (you get full HP for first level), and adjust THAC0 and proficiencies according to your chosen class.

The easiest character to integrate would be a fisherman (or -woman) who serves on the town militia. It would simply be giving a name to someone who helped to take over the smuggler's ship with the past cast of characters.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

got a pretty nice fighter by the looks of things STR 17, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 13
name, story and details to follow
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

@ mgbevan: sounds good. The group can use some muscle, one of the fighters has left.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Never mind, I'll put it here:

Gustas Character info

Name: Gustas
Human Fighter. Chaotic neutral.
Age 35
Height 6’3”
Weight 120kg / 255lb

Build, big and wide. Strong looking but age and drinking mask any muscle definition. E.g. Arms just look thick. Hand and nails are hard and calloused from ropes. Hair cut very short, more practical in the wind. Stubble, not shaving frequently.

Personality. Self interested, not well liked by the community. Has a bad reputation for being generally thuggish and mean. Approaching middle age, he lives alone as a bachelor, parents lost at sea a few years back, generally not bothered by this as so much time has passed and is common in the profession. Works as seaman crew on fishing boats or other boats. Picked up related skills from experience in career. In spare time while stuck in port or on long voyages, whittling wood and crafting to pass the time built the foundations for bowyer/fletcher. One season where trade was especially low he took some actual advice and instruction (begrudgingly) from a master to learn the craft properly.

Now he drinks and argues in bars regularly. Generally paying on time keeps him in most establishments’ good books, but on the off days where he has had a particularly bad one it will take a few days for the landlord to cool off and have him back in. But various fights, in bar and at sea as well have provided ample opportunities to hone skills with some weapons. Every-bugger can use a cutlass on these boats, and stabbing at boarders with a pike or an oar is pretty useful too.

Statistics
STR 17, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 13

STR 17 = Hit Prob +1, Dmg Adj +1, Weight Allow 85, Max Press 220, Open Doors 10, Bend bars 13%.
DEX 15 = Reactions Adj 0, Missile atk adj 0, Defensive adj -1.
CON 14 = HP adj 0, Sys Shock 88%, Res Survival 92%, Poison save 0, Regen N/A.
INT 11 = Lang 2, Spell 5th, Chance to learn 40%, Max spells 7, Illusion immunity 0.
WIS 12 = Magic Def 0, Bonus spell 0, Spell fail 5%, Spell immunity 0.
CHA 13 = Max Hench 5, Loyalty base 0, Reaction Adj +1.

Human
Warrior – Fighter +10% Exp for strength 17.
Proficiency slots, initial 4, new in 3 levels, Penalty -2. Short Bow, Cutlass, Awl Pike, Glass Bottles (throwing/smashing/bar fighting)
NWP, initial 3, new in 3 levels. (+2 for INT 11). Swimming [17], Seamanship [16], Fishing [11], Bowyer/Fletcher [14], Rope use [15].

Money, 5d4x10gp. 110 GP.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4455858/

Chaotic Neutral
Saving throws and Thac0. THACO 18
PPDM = 13
Rod/Staff/Wand = 15
Pertify/Polymorph = 14
Breath Weapon = 16
Spell = 16

Hit points, d10. 10 + 2d10
22 HP
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4455856/

Equipment, money 110gp = converted to 11000 cp (bugger, I can't get the formatting right)
ITEM 1cp Weight

Vest 60 1
Gloves working leather 100 0.5
Sash 20 0.5
Shirt 20 1
Boots soft 100 1
Breeches 200 1
Torn piece of sailcloth worn on head as a bandana when working
Rations standard 1wk 300 15
Backpack 200 2
Candle x2 2 0
Fishing Net 400 5
Mini blade (improvised shaving)5 0.5
Sack small x3 15 0.5
Sack Large 20 0.5
Waterskin x2 160 2
Whetstone 2 0.5
Hide Armour 1500 30
Buckler Shield 100 3
Head Cap Steel 100 1
Short Bow 3000 2
Flight Arrow x24 60 2
Awl Pike 500 12
Cutlass 1200 4
Quiver 80 1
Rope 50ft Hemp 100 20
Winter blanket 50 3
Chisels (Fletching) 100 2
Scabbard for cutlass 400 1
Salted herring 100 1
Bow Drill 50 0.5
Belt Pouch large 100 1
Hacksaw 500 2
Rosin and powder 100 0.5
Strongbox steel with key 1000 7
(500gp capacity)

Total 10384 124

Remaining 616
Bar tab -300

Assuming that he is a more established Seaman he has some lodgings in place within town somewhere. Failing that, the remaining 3gp 1sp 6cp can go towards lodgings to keep the bow stuff or armour and weapons when not in use.

Because I’m not sure what to do with 300gp right now, I’m building it into the character that he is keeping it in the strong box in his accommodation where he is saving for a fishing boat of his own (350gp I have seen listed) which I think is a nice character touch and a good reason to take up some dangerous quest.

Also, could you suggest a magical item please, as I have no experience playing with them.

Anything else I have forgotten?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I will add you to the members of Saltmarsh next week, too busy now preparing my Dad's 80th birthday...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I went ahead and added mgbevan to the group, so no worries Breila.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Thank you both
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Congratulation for you dad bday!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

BishGada, you can now post in Saltmarsh as well.
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Could i join?
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD