Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Only Way to Fly

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Who ever said I was a hero?" Imani asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah, no kidding," Ulster says. He turns away from her, grasping the railing as he looks down at the ground, far below. "When Thuskar and I were rescued, and asked to join up with the group, that's what I thought we were getting into. That we were going to help people, to be heroes. But while we have done some good, mostly we've just blundered around aimlessly, running or giving up at the first sign of difficulty..."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani watches Ulster for a moment before she joins him at the railing. She risks taking a look down, but at least this time it doesn't make her sick to her stomach. "We aren't holding up to your expectations," she says. "With me, I wasn't looking to be a hero. I was looking for heroes that would help me save my son and me," she explains. "I'm sorry that I took away chances for you to prove yourself to be a great hero, Ulster," she says. "But just because you didn't get a chance to slay a couple of dragons doesn't mean you aren't a hero."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka drifts into and out of sleep. If she sees Jerrard close to her when she's waking up, she'll call him softly.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster looks at Imani with appalled incredulity. "What? No...this isn't about me fulfilling some kind of childhood fantasy, Imani. I don't want to slay dragons because it's glorious, I want to slay them because they are evil and hurting people. That's why I'm helping you find your son, that's why I helped your sister-wife, and the Dimernesti, and the kirath. It wasn't so I could 'prove myself.' It was because it was the right thing to do. Is that such a foreign concept?"

Meanwhile, Babushka looks and sees Jerrard standing way over by the bow of the ship, looking out into the horizon, deep in thought. The only people who come close to her are the various gnome crew, who move to and fro about the ship, giving reports and piloting the airship.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No, it isn't a foreign concept," Imani says with a sigh. "I'm trying to apologize for not doing the right thing all the time, and to thank you."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka tries to get the attention of someone from the gnome crew. "Could you please ask one of my friends to bring me some water?" she asks them.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah, well," Ulster says. He turns toward her. "Just do me a favor and don't give up so easily, huh? We still have to go and get your son, after all."

One of the gnomes brings Babushka a waterskin filled with cool, clean water.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Okay," Imani says. "Oh, and thanks for saving me from myself back there. I might not be a hero, but you are turning out to be mine."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you" Babushka says to the gnome. "Do you have time for talking a little?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster blushes and looks away, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, well...it's nothing. I'm just glad it all worked out in the end."

Meanwhile, over at the center of the ship, the young gnome who brought Babushka water nods. "I have exactly 3 minutes and 15 seconds before I am expected to check the secondary transducer matrix connection," he says rapidly in Gnomish. "What is it that you wish to discuss?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani smiles slightly and places her hand on his shoulder as she starts to walk away. "I need to get some rest," she says. "Thanks again," she adds before she walks off to find a place where she can get some rest.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka blinks quickly, she was no longer used to the rapid pace of gnomish life. "Are there more gnomes leaving Mt.Nevermind now?" she sks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Last time I consulted the Mt. Nevermind census, an estimate of 18.33334% of the population had left the mountain," the gnome replies quickly. "This is, of course, an all time high that hasn't been seen since before the Cataclysm which has caused some concern among the elders that the younger generations are leaving behind traditional gnomish values for other pursuits but most scholars agree the largest reason for leaving the mountain is to pursue Life Quests as we are doing here on this airship," he adds all in one breath.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka smiles at the gnome. "Well thank you for the information, and I won't keep you any longer from your duties."
More awake now, she watches the gnomes at work, can she make any snse of it?