Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Only Way to Fly

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani takes a few moments to rub at her eyes, and looks to Malika. "Thank you," she says before she turns around to look at the others. More importantly, she looks at the slaves. "I know all of you are probably confused and scared, but we will get you to safety," she says in hopes of reassuring them. "Ulster, will you take the lead?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Four hours later...

Babushka wakes up to the sound of Lucas praying over her. She hears him whispering and feels his hand on her forehead. She also feels the divine energy of Mishakal flowing through her, reviving her. She is still wracked with pain, however. The half-elf smiles when he sees her come to. "That is all I can do for now, I'm afraid."

The gnome realizes she is no longer in the keep, but now on the upper deck of the airship, just under the main mast. Imani, Jerrard, Ulster, Malika, Fikod and Thuskar are there, as well; plus the handful of slaves from the keep. Locky lies nearby; no longer tied up, but still unconscious. "We haven't been able to wake her," Lucas explains. "Some enchantment keeps her asleep. I'm not sure what Eridan did to her."

Lucas then fills her in on what has happened. After Eridan was slain, he started to explode and everyone was forced to flee the keep. The ogres ran in a different direction, evidently more interested in saving their own skin than avenging their dead boss. After that, the party headed back to the airship. The gnomes were given the flywheel and are now finishing up repairs.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Strange..." Babushka mutters, thinking slowly because of her exhaustion and pain. "We will have to go to the temple and pray, thank Mishakal and Habbakuk, and maybe someone there knows what to do for Locky. She is Paladine's servant, after all..." she drifts off into sleep.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We probably could all use some rest," Imani says as she watches Babushka fall asleep. "We don't know how long these repairs are going to take." Imani, herself, looked about ready to pass out on her feet.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard nods. "Yes...if anyone can aid us, the clerics at the Temple of Paladine in Palanthas can. Perhaps we can even seek an audience with Revered Daughter Crysania." He runs a hand through his hair. "They say her beauty is world renown," he adds, apropos of nothing.

It is no longer than an hour before the ship suddenly shakes to and fro. Sunni approaches them. "Nothing to worry about," she assures them. "The repairs are complete, and the engines are coming online now."

The ship suddenly lurches upward, causing most of the party to fall over if they weren't braced. "Is it supposed to do that?" asks Ulster.

"Yes, yes, it's perfectly expected," Sunni says as the ship suddenly shakes again, knocking a couple of small pieces off in the process.

"Uh, nevermind, I think I'll walk," Ulster says. "Let me off." He approaches the railing, but suddenly steps back in surprise. It's too late, the ship is already rising quickly into the air.

Ulster slowly backs away from the railing, rejoining the others at the main mast. There's a small explosion heard below them, and a piece of the ship drops down to the ground. "Nothing to worry about," Sunni repeats. "That part was non-essential and has numerous redundant backups in place."

"If it isn't essential, why does it have backups?" asks Ulster. But his question is never answered as just then, the ship begins to move forward, setting a course northwest. Every now and again, the ship shakes to and fro, as if some invisible hammer is hitting it from different sides.

"Just a little turbulence," Sunni says. "Perfectly natural."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ugh," Imani says as she sits down. "I think I might be sick."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka is shaken awake by the turbulences now and then, but after Sunni's assurances, she just closes her eyes again and sleeps on, too exhausted to mind.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The ship speeds toward the horizon, passing by the smoldering keep along the way. Lucas takes Locky down below, worried she might be knocked off the ship with all the shaking. The other former slaves, terrified of the whole situation, follow him down.

Jerrard heads up to the bow of the ship, looking deep in thought. Ulster and Thuskar move back to the aft section. Malika remains where she is, close to the main mast, looking worried to venture any further from the ship's center than that.

=============

(OOC: That's pretty much it for the adventure. This chapter will end when it hits 30 pages or you two retire for the night. Until then, you can freely interact with whoever you wish.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka can barely move by herself, so she is content to just rest. She will, however, talk to whoever approaches her, as long as it isn't more than an hour at a time.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani, after getting a little use to flying, slowly makes her way over to where Thuskar and Ulster are. "May I talk with you?" she says, looking to Ulster.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll go and check on the freed slaves," Thuskar says, then heads down below.

"What did you need?" asks Ulster, looking a bit green. "Ugh, and I thought sailing was bad."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think I will feel better once I am not solid ground," Imani admits. "But I want to talk to you about what happened back in the fortress. What was that?" She asks. She doesn't sound angry, just a little confused. "I would have thought, out of everyone, you would be almost glad I was gone," she says, looking down at her feet. "No more awkward conversations, and you wouldn't have to deal with your anger towards me."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"What are you talking about?" demands Ulster. "The only reason I have to be angry at you is for giving up so easily, trying to sacrifice yourself for no reason."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You've been different for awhile now. I just assumed," Imani explains. "Though, I didn't see it as a sacrifice. I...it was a situation I knew how to handle. It was something I have been through before. I knew what to expect. It got you guys what you needed. And considering the hopelessness of my situation, I guess I just gave up."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Exactly!" Ulster says, pointing at her accusingly. "Gave up, just like you gave up on the kirath, after everything they did to help us. You gave up on being our leader, you gave up on helping your son...that isn't how heroes are supposed to act!"