Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Only Way to Fly

Post by Breila »

"Yes, Your Grace" Babushka adds with a vigourous nod. "our friend slipped away in the middle of the night, without telling anyone about her plans. We would have stopped her if we had noticed her leaving, but it is our fault that she could slip away."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The aurak stops mid-stride and turns to look at the party, placing his hands behind his back. "I see. So you agree to accept full responsibility, as well as the punishment, in her place then?" he asks Imani.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks at Babushka, and shakes her head at the gnome. I will accept full responsibility and punishment," Imani says with emphasis on herself. "But I beg of you to let the rest of my group go."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babuashka looks at Imani warily. she doesn't want to let the desert princess alone in the aurak's grip, but doesn't want to start an argument in front of him, either.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Silence fills the hall. The aurak is clearly taken back by this, having not expected it. He sits back down in his throne, and raps his talons on the throne's arm. "Well, it's true a kender would be of little value to me, beyond a brief moment of entertainment in watching her be fed to my black willows. But you..," he says, looking at Imani. "You could be of significant more value to me. Very well, I will release her and your other companions in return for yourself."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thank you, your Grace," Imani says. She didn't really like this idea too much, but other than fighting this really seemed to be the only other choice. "What of the wheel that we originally came here for?" she asks. "To ensure that the rest of my group does not return, it might be best to give it to them," she suggests softly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I will ponder on it," Eridan says. "In the interim..." He snaps his fingers. "Half-elf, serve our guests some breakfast."

Lucas bows his head. "At once, your grace." He quickly disappears into the kitchen.

Eridan heads upstairs, two ogres going with him. The rest remain where they are, keeping a close eye on the party.

"Imani, you can't be serious about this," Ulster protests. "Please tell me you have some kind of plan here."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, what is the idea behind this? You can't sacrifice yourself, you still want to free your son, don't you?" Babushka looks like she finds it hard to refrain from shouting.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It depends on what his plans are for me," Imani says. "The fact of the matter is that if this works out like I want it to, all of you will be free to go with the wheel."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Do you really think we can bear to go and leave you here alone?" Babushka asks with a thick voice. "You should not suffer for the faults of others."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Sure, and you're left enslaved to a tyrant, only this time without your son," Ulster points out. "You really want to go back to square one?"

Lucas and a couple of other slaves begin setting food around the table for the party. The food includes poached eggs, strips of cooked pork, bread and cheese, and plenty of orange juice.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Lucas, is this he same kind of food you are getting?" Babushka asks the half-elf.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm not doing this just because I want to save that kender," Imani says. Actually, she was furious with Locky at this point. "I'm doing this because I might have a chance to save these other slaves," she says softly. "But I need to know what he is capable of before anything like that can occur. The only thing we have so far is that he is paranoid, a powerful magic user, and a tyrant," she says. In her mind, that really wasn't a whole lot to work with. He had all of these orgres to protect him, so outright fighting him at this point would be insane. He would most likely kill everyone before any of them got a chance to kill him. "Lucas, I don't suppose you would have any idea what his plans are with me, do you?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka wrote:"Lucas, is this the same kind of food you are getting?"
Lucas shakes his head. "Not usually, unless we are being rewarded for a service of some kind. The high quality food is reserved for guests, nobles, and the master himself."
Imani wrote:"Lucas, I don't suppose you would have any idea what his plans are with me, do you?"
He sighs and says, "As I told you before, the master does not share his plans with his slaves. But based on past experience, I'd guess he either intends to enslave you or throw you to the black willows. What I don't understand is why he is continuing to negotiate. He was furious before...I was certain he'd take your whole group captive. Indeed, he has little reason to continue negotiations at this point. There must be some reason he wants your cooperation."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Lucas's words to Imani, Babushka nods. "Yes, I have no other explanation for this either" she says pointing to the good breakfast. "He must want something from us, otherwise, we would be in shackles in a stinking hole. But let's eat. who knows when we will get something good again."
She begins to sample all of the good food. seemingly enjoying it.