Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

LSO OOC Thread II

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: LSO OOC Thread II

Post by Breila »

Jaded, you once mentioned that Ouragana could learn no more first-level spells. But in the PHB, it says that for her intelligence of 16, the maximum # of spells per level is 11, and she currently has 10, so there would be a slot left?

Invisible Castle is reported as for sale, so how do we roll for her spell-learning success?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yes, you can learn one more 1st level spell at her INT. I'd be the one to roll for it, since IC is down.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

What's the weaponsmith got out on shelves/display? I'm... playing it by sight right now, cause I want to see how skilled the guy is.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Right now on display, he has a great sword, three long swords, two maces, a pickaxe, two short bows, a small shield, a buckler and a small shield.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

These just regular ones of steel, or are any of them MW.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No, they are all ordinary.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

I guess I missed something, a second opinion isn't necessary. I was under the impression that Thaddeus was preoccupied with the cannon.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

On Identify, I think a 96-100 on d100 gives a false (but random) result.
A second reading (on the same property) eliminates the chance of a consistent false reading virtually to nil.
So if 1st & 2nd readings (on the same property) don't agree, then a third reading is very highly likely to confirm which is correct (~0.0006% chance of three consecutive false readings.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

We're at the half-way point of the chapter, so I want us to wrap all of this up and get on to Deimos. So for your next post, please go ahead and finish your respective scenes and we can skip ahead to when the party arrives on Mond.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Jaded: Shoehorned a lot in (sorry) but all covered in one post, albeit a bit compressed. Fingers crossed.

Spotted that Naras's equipmnet/encumberance is a bit out of date. (Think I spotted it before and then forgot.)
I'll go round it and send you a note...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yes, sometimes I don't update it right away.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Wasn't meant as a criticism in any way. Just spotted MV 4" and that's better checked/agreed before any combat or whatever kicks off (to avoid any appearance of sour grapes.) DOing it now. Have assumed its ok to leave the CInderfell mine key in the vault.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Oh, are you saying you want to adjust her inventory then? Like, buy and sell, decide what to take and what to leave behind, that sort of thing? That's fine.

I thought you were saying her encumbrance didn't add up. That's what I meant, when we're not in combat situations (like in town), I don't usually bother updating it very carefully, but I always go through and make sure the numbers all add up when we are about to enter a dangerous situation.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Well, I wasn't certain what'll happen and I'd rather be above board i.e. Move 6" before anything kicks off. :)
Sent you a PM with it.
I've tweaked it slightly, emptied the water-skin (assuming Naras drank it on the way to the boat) and removed a sling bullet (which is probably fair as i think Pearl lost one in the water in the mine).
What I have overlooked is the weight of the bottle of wine from the Paragon to the boat, but that'll disappear thereafter as it was to soak the owl feathers in and add the powered pearl, as components for an Identify.
In passing, I know Thadeus has said "no" but Naras doesn't know that (yet). I'm expected her to shed a few more pounds in distributing kit that clerics can't use (e.g. Wand of Fire) to pay for the Identify. There's a line in the post that says Naras has Trap Detected all the kit and will offer Auguries to try and mitigate risk of Cursed items. Can't do much more on that.
Also, she can't give everything away freely though as technically its actually owned but (shares) with other people. But happy to loan stuff, maybe pending a promise or whatever.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

How attractive (?CHA modifier?) are the Bullring brother and sister?