Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

LSO OOC Thread II

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: LSO OOC Thread II

Post by chese780 »

I wish to be a warrior in the exact image of myself body, mind, and soul that is capable of obtaining and proficiently using any number and kind weapon I wish to by pulling it from a rift in space-time at any given moment, without drastically changing myself or any other being in regards to existence, time, and any other drastically changing variable.

That is how you break a wish. And the game.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Of course, that would bring up the question how Drav knows what a rift in space-time even is.

In any case, I'm curious how exactly you plan to even acquire a Wish in the first place?
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

I'm just thinking up random stuff while I wait. Also, I thought that's how a bag of holding works... mkay.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Breila wrote:I'd like to look into that other book Ouragana took from the Wyvern's island. But I don't have the time in RL right now to research the reasonable precautions to take so that an accident like the one before happens again, so could you please fill me in? Or simply assume she has taken the right precautions this time?

She will memorise Detect Magic, Read Magic and Continual Light as soon as she gets back on the ship. She'll ask around if anyone there has items to look at and round them up in a quiet corner of the ship. She will add the two books she took from the island before she casts Detect Magic on all the items.
Ouragana left both books in Thaddeus' room after she was cursed. She, as far as I know, never went back to retrieve them.

Unbeknownst to her, Thaddeus already carefully checked over the real spellbook while she was cursed. So when she returns to him, she'll find that out.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Re: CH. 15: There and Back Again

Post by Nuke »

Just asking, what item did Thaddeus Identify for Val?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nuke wrote:Just asking, what item did Thaddeus Identify for Val?
The trident, here.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

HorizonsDream wrote:Jocelyn had followed Oura towards Thaddeus' room. "I mentioned that you might be able to do it, but you have the choice to charge her or refuse her," she says. "After all, Oura paid more than enough for having the curse removed."
@Horizon: Oura was actually charged nothing for curse removal.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

@Jaded: So, what happens after we get to this Mond place?
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once on Mond, we play out the rest of this chapter (CH. 15). My goal is to get the party to as close to 30k XP as possible. Most of you are already there, but a few have fallen behind, so I'll be setting up some special encounters to help get the stragglers caught up.

Mond is also important story-wise, because it will be there that the party makes the decision once and for all whether they are going to blow the pirates to smithereens or try and find a non-violent approach to the problem.

The arc ends when the party reaches 40k XP, which is still a ways off (because there are 8 of you, plus a henchman, XP will be spread pretty thin). So what happens after Mond depends largely on which decision is made regarding the pirates. Regardless of what is decided, we'll still want to test the cannon and make sure it works, and also find the pirates, as well. So those two plots may take up another couple of chapters as well. Hopefully by that point, you'll all be very close to 40k and we can push on to the finale.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Where am I in terms of xp?
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

You can check the Character Stats thread whenever you want to know, but currently Drav is at 31.1 k (rounded off) XP. This does not include any XP he has earned in CH. 15 yet (that won't be added until the end of the chapter).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

@Horizon: Oura was actually charged nothing for curse removal.
She still paid for it though.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

A payment is mandatory. A donation is not. Nothing else to say on this.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Re: CH. 15: There and Back Again

Post by Nuke »

JadedDM wrote:Jocelyn, Ouragana, and Baeros (Roken's Weapons)
For two silver coins, Baeros manages to buy three pounds worth of tropical fruit which he shares with Jocelyn and Ouragana. These include bananas, mangoes, figs, papayas and pineapples. Everyone is still fairly full from the breakfast of gruel they just had on the Bullring, but the fresh fruits are tasty and refreshing after a week of bland food. He then pays 2 silver coins for two pounds of dried meat for his dogs, who happily eat it up.

At the ranger's suggestion, they check out the local leatherworker store, but there are no magical items in stock. They then head to the weaponsmith's place. A half-orc named Roken welcomes them and lets them look around. When Baeros mentions magical items, he says, "Well, there is this."

He shows them a well-made battle axe with arcane runes glittering around the blade. "I have no idea what it does, but was assured by the kohen it was magical. She asked me to sell it for her and split the profit. Any interest?"

Val Urgan (Harbor, docks)
Val agrees to pay 3,600 GP to identify the two items. She pays 700 in gold and 580 in platinum. This is what she learns of the two items:

Trident of the Hunter: This powerful trident functions as a +2 weapon. However, the item's true abilities manifest underwater. When used there, it grants the wielder the ability to track any desired creature unerringly. Once the wielder concentrates on the specific creature, the trident locates plants and animals (as the 1st level priest spell) with a range of five nautical miles. In addition, each of the trident's tines transforms into a net of snaring once per day.

Ring of Wizardry: This ring doubles the number of first level spells a wizard may prepare each day.

Gallath (Tailor)
Gallath buys a mango for a copper and then heads south to find the tailor. His current cloak, however, had large pieces torn off to make bandages. It cannot be repaired except to sew additional cloth onto it to make it longer again, which will make it look shabby. He can buy a brand new cloak, though, for 8 silver pieces.

Drav Arellax (Cobbler)
Drav finds a cobbler who is willing to sell him some nice boots for 12 silver pieces or some nice shoes for the same cost.

(OOC: Can you be more specific by what you mean by 'equipment'? Weapons? Armor? Something else entirely? This town has a weapon store and a leather armor store. There's also two regular blacksmiths, but neither make weapons or armor. The temple is also constructing a metal armor workshop, but it won't be finished for several weeks.)

Naras Stonebreaker (Temple of Gonto, Tomb)
Naras stands watching Brock pray. Either he heard her approach or just senses her presence, because he eventually sighs and stops, before turning toward her. "Something you need, kohen?" he asks, a tad testily. He gets to his feet. Although he clearly favors one leg over the other, Naras can't see any visible injury on it. He's not bleeding or anything.

(OOC: She'd need a closer look to perform a healing check and diagnose whether the leg is fixable.)
I am confused, I thought she paid for the Identify.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

She did, yes. She had it identified twice. I assumed you wanted a second opinion on it.