Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

Post by BishGada »

Baeros comes to Andar to check if the dog is still alive. When he feels no sign of life he pets little pup and says, "Sorry, we can do nothing to save her." Then he says to Jocelyn, "I'm not sure, but if Andar and me will get half the antidote each, instead of curing us completely, do you think it will be enough to get us to Tu'Valie?"

========================================================================================
(OOC: How does a roasted ettercap taste?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn attempts to concoct an antidote from the ettercap's venom, but it proves to be far more complicated than she first believed. In the process, she winds up destroying the venom and now there is none remaining to try again.

=============

Jocelyn makes a Healing check [15] (1d20): 18, fail.

(OOC: I imagine eating an ettercap would be similar to eating a big spider. So...crunchy, I guess? :lol: )
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I have one more option left," Jocelyn says as she walks over to Andar. "Sit down, and try not to move too much okay?" she says as she sits down in front of him to begin treating him.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn spends five minutes with Andar, performing every treatment she can think of to help bolster his immune system. In the end, she has done everything she can. It's in the hands of the gods now.

===========

Andar will receive a +2 to his poison save.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros, on the very edge of panic looks at Jocelyn his face completely white, "It didn't work? Oh... That's... That's not so good..." he walks slowly to where he had thrown his sword at the ettercap keeps saying to himself, "not good at all..." and picks it up again, then he thinks, 'maybe there are more ettercaps or maybe we can find something that would help us in his nest, like offsprings or something'. He looks up the tree the ettercap had jumped from and searches any signs of a nest or the sort.

===============================================================
If he won't see anything he will ask the group to look at the other tree tops around, from the ground while he will try to climb the tree the ettercap came from.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It is possible that he wasn't poisoned at all," Jocelyn says. "I've done what we can, but we should probably move back to camp. I'll keep an eye on the both of you to make sure that you're all right."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

ouragana nods. "Yes, let#s go back to camp."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Baeros looks up the tree the ettercap had fallen from. He spots a nest made of webbing. His ranger training taught him that ettercap abandon their young as soon as they are born, and yet, he feels he must check anyway. Ignoring his injuries, he starts to climb up the tree. When he reaches the nest, he finds...nothing. It is completely empty.

The girls and Andar start to head back toward the camp, leaving the puppy to mourn by its mother's side.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn stops walking for a second, then turns around and walks back over to the puppy and its mother. She sits down on her knees next to the puppy, and gently pats him on the head. "Sorry, boy," she says softly.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks sadly at the puppy near his mother's corpse. 'Maybe we should bury her body... After he leaves it.'
"Well, I guess no hunting today since I need to stay close to Jocelyn. Anyone care to try roasted ettercap?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Or roast dog, but that wouldn't be nice." Val suggests. She moves to join Jocelyn and pup. "After all this, it's a shame she is dead." Val tries to pick up the pup if it will let her.

OOC: Sorry for being kinda MIA, been busy.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The puppy looks at Jocelyn when she pets him, then he lowers his head and whimpers. There's almost something human about his expressions, as if he understands perfectly what is being said to him. He even allows Val to pick him up and rests his head on her arm as she holds him.

Areilon doesn't spare a thought for the puppy, as she's busy fussing over Andar. Andar remains quiet, no doubt wondering if he will live to see tomorrow or not.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Let's take the puppy with us," Jocelyn says as she stands up and begins the trek back to the came. "Arelion, leave him alone."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I agree, he will perish alone out here. And he is even friendly." Val ets him one more time before putting him down and heading back toward camp. "I hope this little side excursion doesn't cost us someone's life."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana watches the puppy, and waits to see Takit's reaction to it. ~this might be no ordinary puppy~ she thinks to herself.
There's more to me than meets the eye...