Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn spent the remainder of the day making preparations for leaving the temple and the village for a while. Ouragana investigated ways to reach Draska. Areilon took Andar shopping. And Val and Baeros explored the local coral reefs and marine life with Mist.

When the sun lowered over the horizon, they all met back up at the inn. After hearing the options Ouragana had discovered, they reached a consensus--they would travel to Tu'Valie, the capital city of Hashadeth. There was an old trail that led there, and Andar had taken it before. Once in the great city, they would look for a ship that could help them in their mission.

And so they went to bed for the night, to arise the following morning and meet up again. After making final preparations, they all met up at the edge of the village, where the trail begins. Val feels stiff and sore from the injuries she suffered yesterday during the fight with the would-be assassin.

"Is everyone ready?" asks Andar, his new backpack over his shoulders.
Attachments
Trail to Tu'Valie.jpg
Trail to Tu'Valie.jpg (146.01 KiB) Viewed 11492 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: CH. 9: Road to Tu'Valie

Post by Jenara »

"I'm ready." Arei smiles softly, shouldering her own pack she makes sure the crossbow is firmly secure before turning back to the others. "Andar knows the way, so I suggest we take point, then Oura and Joyceln, and val and Bearos cover the rear?"

Resting her hand on her hilt she lets her cape fall open at the sides, before turning back to Andar, "You know this path well? Is there any thing we should be aware of? Any local animals or the like?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks over her shoulder to the village before she falls in line. "Let's get moving," she says. She had changed into what she use to travel in when she did travel, so she looked more comfortable and less like a pastor. "The sooner we get this done, the better."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val stretches a bit, looking forward to some hiking to get the blood flowing. Hanging a couple of waterskins and her battleaxe on the horse, she shoulders her trident and readies her bow for the day.

"I am ready, Mist will meet us there. Just don't go off killing things Baeros."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Feeling so far a little bit awkward with only women around him, Baeros welcomes Andar at the inn with a firm handshake.

As the group prepares to move on, Baeros thinks to himself that he could help at the front with his nature and woodland skills, but worried to angry the little elf again, he decided to do so only if the need arises. "I'll take the rare." he says confidently. "I will be able to warn you if something comes behind us. Ouragana, would you like to hold Thunder's reins a little bit? I think he likes you." he adds with a smile. And then, "Takit! Come here! we move on." and he gives three sharp whistles.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(He hasn't really stated his skills, so Arei isn't aware of them...)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Areilon wrote:"You know this path well? Is there any thing we should be aware of? Any local animals or the like?"
Andar chuckles. "Well, I wouldn't say I know it well. I've only walked it once before; back when I first left home. I traveled with some merchants to Tu'Valie, and that's where I found the Lusty Mermaid." He smiles fondly at the memory. "The biggest dangers will be wild animals that still roam the forests. For instance, we ran into carnivorous apes and a jaguar, but were able to scare both away with larger numbers. There are also Tasloi and Ettercaps said to wander the woods, although I haven't ever seen those before."

===========

Marching Order set:
Andar/Areilon
Ouragana/Jocelyn
Val/Baeros/Thunder/Takit

Val places two waterskins and her battle axe on Thunder. She is now 14.2 lbs in light encumbrance. This improves the party's movement rate from 6 to 8.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, if you think he likes me... I'll try to return the favour."Ouragana says, taking Thunder's reins from Bearos. "But I'm really not good with horses - or other animals. If I get into trouble, you'll have to step in. So I just start to walk, and he'll follow me?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What are Tasloi?" Jocelyn asks curiously.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I do think he likes you. Remember how calm he was in front of the temple when you helped me clean his horseshoes? Don't worry about being good with animals. Animals are good with people." Baeros chuckles, which sounds somewhat scary, "Just stay calm, confident and kind to them and they will return the favor." Baeros says to Ouragana as he hands her the riens. "Yes, go ahead and he will follow you. He will appreciate if you pet his chin one in a while." and he gives her live demonstration petting Thunder and making fondness noises to the horse. "And don't worry, I'll be but few steps behind you. If you get scared you can even leave the reins completely without handing them to me, and move aside and I'll manage the rest."

===================================
(OOC: Jenara - I know he didn't mention his skills ;) no hard feeling. With his low Charisma Baeros will become pushy, grumpy and will state his displease with your abilities to lead the road soon enough :). In the meanwhile he thinks the start of the journey is safe enough even without himself in the front and also he is watching over Ouragana with Thunder.

Sorry for the novice question, but what are the movement of the rest of the party? If it's 12 and there is possibility to move more stuff to make val move even faster we should do it.

Last thing, Takit will run forward and every now and than will come back to see what takes us so long. He is a playful dog and Baeros will not command him to follow his steps unless there will be a clear danger. Baeros also will recognize from the nature of Takit barkings if it is nothing more than a pigeon or rabbit, or something that requires his attention and coming for Takit's help.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn wrote:"What are Tasloi?"
"Short," he says, holding his hand up about waist high to demonstrate, "and green creatures that dwell in the woods. They are savage and tribal; very primitive, and with a taste of man and elf flesh. The tales say they have an affinity with spiders and other insects, and can even command them in battle."

================
BishGada wrote:Sorry for the novice question, but what are the movement of the rest of the party? If it's 12 and there is possibility to move more stuff to make val move even faster we should do it.
(OOC: Everyone's current movement rate is 12, except Val (8) and Thunder (24). If Val improves her movement rate to 12, that will shave off 4 days or so from their journey, yes.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, how lovely," Jocelyn says, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Is there any way we can pick up the pace a bit? I'm of the opinion that the sooner we get there, the better."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, Jocelyn, I'm not comfortable surrounded by plants like this, either" Ouragana nods. "The sooner we're back in the open and near the sea, the better."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

How much weight does she need to shed? Will moving the rope help?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: She needs to shed another 14.2 lbs before she's not in encumbrance anymore.)