2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Chapter 2: Summoned by the Constable

Post by NoTrammeling »

It is Ches 5th, first light. Two days since the party left Shadowdale for the torn state of Daggerdale.

The party, save Timmy, is gathered in Gimak Rockcrusher's room to discuss the Constable's summons presented to the dwarf late last night. Ostensibly, the party is to present themselves before Constable Tren at midday, at the Constable's Tower or suffer the consequences of disobeying Zhentish rule.

The morning is chill and frosty, the coldest part of the day just before the sun begins to heat their world. Gimak's room fits everyone comfortably, though there are only a pair of stools and the bed for seating. A fragile Sprin-morning sun slices between the moldering tan curtains (which themselves send shafts of light through moth-holes as big as thumbnails). The sounds of breakfast being cooked echo from downstairs, and thankfully the aroma of baking bread isn't far behind. Maria is giggling to herself as she examines the poor care that's been given to the room, specifically the dust piling up on molding and in corners.

Seraphina is nowhere to be seen, though her loaned mount remains in the stables should any think to check.

(Spells for the day, casters?)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: Chapter 2: Summoned by the Constable

Post by Breila »

Eringard had been happy to take the smaller children off Margaray's hands that morning, enabling her to sleep in a little. With the children, she had greeted the dawn and told them about Lathander. When breakfast was ready for the children, she excused herself, saying she needed to pray in private and then join her companions.

Spells parayed for; Sanctuary, Bless, CLW
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"...and that's the long and short of it," Gimak concludes after explaining everything. "Either we show up at the constable's by midday, or else they'll come for us and lead us there in chains." He strokes his beard a moment while thinking to himself.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We encountered the guards yesterday, someone got attacked in an alley.. We saw a short, dark shape with a spiked head, elbow, and leg.. It wasn't a normal attack in an alley." Elianna says perched by the door, "We reported the attack, the man was still alive."

"I guess we have no choice, they are just... exercising their powers, showing a group of strangers who's boss." She suggests as she motions to Gimak, "We should ask if anyone else was attacked in that way.. it might be nothing, and it might be important."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm not sure they are just showing us who is boss," Raina says while leaning up against a wall. With her arms crossed, and one foot propped up against the wall behind her, she looks down upon Elianna. "You use to work for the Zhents, you've told us as much. Then, you walk into a city that is owned by the Zhents. There are too possible conclusions that can be drawn from that. You are either still working for them, and are getting us into trouble so we don't learn the cause of this disease," she says. "Or, you betrayed them in some way, they know your face, and they are ordering us in because we just happen to be with you."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I thinks the best strategy we have is to pretend to be co-operative with the constable" Eringard says. "We certainly should go to that meeting. I doubt they will arrest us. We can't go anywhere else than this inn, and they would have to feed us instead of probably getting some of the money we have to spend here. They'll probably try to intimidate us - and we can pretend they succeed.
They cannot be too happy with this unexplained illness in their town. Who knows, they might even try to force us to investigate the disease, so that they can't be contaminated."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You are convinced that I'm a spy aren't you? How funny." She giggles, "Nothing like getting two coppers and making a Gold."

"They distrust strangers, we are strange enough. I've spent time in the Dale, I know how they treat outsiders.. Still I wouldn't be suprised if they try to scare us a little. Then find out what we know."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Maria laughs at Eringard's proposal, bouncing onto the bed as she giggles her agreement, "It's just like with adults! Nod your head, then go jump in a puddle when they aren't looking." She pauses her glee to quiver her lip in faux-contriteness. "If we look sorry enough we won't even get a thump on the behind."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elianna wrote:"We should ask if anyone else was attacked in that way.. it might be nothing, and it might be important."
"I think we should just listen to what they have to say and keep our heads down. If we start asking a lot of questions, they might become suspicious. They might even try and pin the disease on us, or even accuse us of being Harper spies or something."
Eringard wrote:"I doubt they will arrest us. We can't go anywhere else than this inn, and they would have to feed us instead of probably getting some of the money we have to spend here."
Gimak stares incredulously at Eringard for a few moments before responding. "I thought you grew up here. Are you really that naive? These are Zhents we're talking about. They'll do whatever they damned please, including arresting us or even executing us if they want. We'd find no justice here, even if we weren't outsiders. Even worse, they're Cyricists--that makes them unpredictable, to boot."

He looks around the room. "Let's keep our heads down and our mouths shut. Nobody volunteer anything; only speak when spoken to. If we play this right, they might let us walk out of here with our heads attached."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And that would never do " Elianna grins, "Fine, I will let you lead then. As you seem to have it all worked out."

"I doubt they will smack our backsides too hard." She winks, "Are we done?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina nods her head in agreement with Gimak. "When should we go?" she asks.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Timmy wakes and takes a few moments to pack his meager belongings before moving to the common room for breakfast.

Satisfied with his current spell selection, he picks a table and sits down.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elliana wrote:"Fine, I will let you lead then. As you seem to have it all worked out."
Gimak rolls his eyes. "How generous of you."
Raina wrote:"When should we go?"
"Midday. They were specific on that. So we have a bit of time before we're required to show up."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Traern, quiet so far, speaks up at last. "I doubt that this one," he nods toward Elianna, "is deliberately bringing trouble on the rest, but this still looks like something specific to this group - some old trouble returning, or perhaps one of you trod on the wrong foot recently. If that is the case, then speak up.

"And given the reputation of these mercenaries, it is odd to see you so willing to put your heads in the noose and hope for the best. Has anyone considered what to do if this goes bad? If not, best you start thinking now.

"We have the morning. I shall reconnoiter the constabulary, look for a quick way out from there, watch who comes and goes, that sort of thing. On the way there, I shall move my ponies out of this stable. I suggest the rest of you do the same, and that you travel light to the meeting, in case you need to leave at a run.

"And you, priestess, you are local, yes? Where is a good spot to regroup, either in town or just outside, should the group get separated? And where can we gather near the constabulary shortly before the meeting, to discuss plans for getting out?"

Then he leans back, looking vaguely tired, as if he'd used up his entire allotment of words for the day.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

JadedDM wrote:Gimak rolls his eyes. "How generous of you."
"I do try Master Dwarf. Midday you say? Then we can have a look at that alley in the day, check the mounts and as Trean has discussed find a place to meet.. there isn't really an ideal place." She shrugs, "If not the inn, perhaps the falls? There are places to hide there." she gives Gimak a frown. "But of course, I could be suggesting that so my friends can ambush you."

Borderlands 3 - Navi