Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Tulbas' Vignette

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tulbas' Vignette

Post by BishGada »

"OK, I believe there is no magical alarm here, but you should still be careful. And don't harm her, we need to return her safe and sound to her father. Try to knock her our before she has a chance to wave her hands or speak." Tulbas prepare himself to the assault as Biggs returns to picking the lock.

=========================================================================
(OOC: Did the pry with the wand gave the school of magi after concentrating for one round with that intention?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Biggs fiddles with the lock, trying different picks. Eventually, there's an audible 'click' as he succeeds in unlocking the door. "Alright then. Be ready for anything," he warns, drawing a club. Wedge, likewise, draws his own club.

=========

Tulbas attempts to determine a specific school of magic [60] (1d100): 65, fail.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas readies himself too, in case the woman will try to cast some spell he will try a cantrip to prevent her speech by "throwing" force bullets at her cheeks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Biggs quietly turns the knob and pushes the door open. He pokes his head inside for a quick look, then waves for the others to follow.

Inside, they find the building has only one room. A young woman with red hair and expensive looking clothes lies on the bed, peacefully sleeping. Biggs and Wedge share a look, and Wedge just shrugs. He then pulls out some rope while Biggs carefully sneaks over to the bed.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas quickly scans the woman figure and the room for magic auras, believing the figure on the bed might be an illusion, and that the real woman or other doors might be hidden in the same way by illusions.

======================
(OOC: I believe Tulbas can do that with the same charge he spent checking the door, since he spent only one round out of ten of each charge.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The woman herself does not radiate any form of magic, but there is a backpack near the bed, and something inside of it does radiate a magical aura.

"Any danger?" asks Biggs in a whisper.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas quickly shakes his head then within two heartbeats points at himself and the backpack and waves his hand away from the woman showing that he is going for the backpack, then points at Biggs and the woman explaining he can go on with his actions.

=============
(OOC: Tulbas plans to get near the backpack, preventing the woman from accessing it)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Biggs quickly grabs the woman, bringing a knife to her throat. "Don't move; don't make a sound," he warns. She is awaken instantly, her eyes wide with fear as Wedge quickly ties her hands together to stop her from casting. He then does the same with her legs.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas grabs the backpack, holds it in his hands and tells the woman "We won't harm you, if you won't resist it will be easier to everyone. I'll give you back your backpack when we will return you to your father." Tulbas says hoping it will make the woman explain why did she ran off.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The woman's eyes widen even more so when Tulbas mentions her father, but no explanation comes forth. Wedge quickly gags her with his bandanna to keep her from talking.

"Good job, kid," Biggs says. "What's in the pack? Anything dangerous?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I assume her spellbook is there, so yeah, it might be dangerous." Tulbas looks at the woman with some pity. "Soon it will be over and I'll return you your belongings. Cooperate and no harm will come to you." and he asks Biggs and Wedge, "Back to Nora now?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah," Biggs says. He picks the woman up and tosses her over his shoulder. "Wedge, you take point. Kid, you can watch our back. Let's head out."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas puts the backpack on his back and falls behind to the rearguard position. 'I hope for the sake of this woman I made the right choise' he thinks to himself.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The three men walk the streets of the Harbor district, returning to the warehouse that the cult uses as its base of operations. Several people see Biggs with the tied up woman over his shoulder, but immediately look away and pretend that nothing was unusual about this. Naturally, there are no Holy Guards around. They are too few in number to cover the whole city, and it is always the poorest districts that get overlooked as a result.

Once inside, they make a straight beeline toward Nora's office and are quickly let in. Biggs sets the girl on the ground and shows her to Nora. "This is her, right?"

Nora looks her over. "Yes, I believe so. Excellent work, all of you. I'll inform the duke's men at once."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hmm... Nora? Is it OK if we speak with her and check why did she run away? After all, I'm sure Darewind wouldn't want us to do any misjustice if we can avoid it." Tulbas asks humbly.