Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 2: Bear in Mine

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 2: Bear in Mine

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra joins the rest of those waiting. "I need to get home so I can get fired for not being at work," she says.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party heads out, taking the same road back to Haven. After a few hours, they see the old hobgoblin they met before approaching. "You have returned," he says simply. "I take it your mission was a success."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"Oh yes, very good mission. You should have seen Kynaston and Kendra chop up those demons like butter. It was a sight to behold. The stupid goblins in there fell right into a well laid trap by Darga and myself and the most wondrous part is that Coroccoco didn't die! It wasamazing! You should've seennit!" Haahqae replies happily. "So is this the part where you tell us good job, say something cryptic that no one will understand until the right moment and point us towards the next awesome adventure?"
Veni Vidi Vici
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

"Greetings" Gregeddin calls out.
"Indeed, Haahqae here is correct. There was some very inspiring magic."
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Darga frowns at Haahqae's outburst--if the old hobgoblin truly is who Corococco guessed, one shouldn't just speak to him like that. But instead of correcting his companion, he waits to speak himself.

"It wasn't really like all that," he says solemnly. "Th' gnome makes it sound easy, but a lot of us 'uns were hurt and all of us 'uns were in danger." He hesitates, unsure as to whether he should tell about the magic that brought him back to life. Deciding that the risk is too great, and that if this hobgoblin was indeed Zivilyn that he'd already know, he says instead, "I'm sorry, but we couldn't find yer medallion. We're all hurtin', but if ya think it's important, I kin go back in an' look fer it."
Last edited by djhyland on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think I saw true healing," Kendra says to the old hobgoblin. "Are you really who you say you are?" she asks. She has to ask because right now, she is still pretty skeptical.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae wrote:Oh yes, very good mission. You should have seen Kynaston and Kendra chop up those demons like butter. It was a sight to behold."
"Demons? Yes, the draconians," the old hobgoblin muses. "Not demons; they were born of this world. But they were not born naturally. You will be seeing more of them, and soon, I should think."
Haahqae wrote:"So is this the part where you tell us good job, say something cryptic that no one will understand until the right moment and point us towards the next awesome adventure?"
"Am I cryptic? Hmm, interesting," he says. "I hadn't realized."
Darga wrote:"I'm sorry, but we couldn't find yer medallion. We're all hurtin', but if ya think it's important, I kin go back in an' look fer it."
Coroccoco hangs her head. "He speaks the truth. We searched thoroughly, but could not find the pendant you spoke of. I have failed."

The old hobgoblin smiles. "Failed? Nonsense. You brought it with you. It's right here." He opens up his gnarled hand to reveal the jeweled pendant.

"But...but how?" asks Coroccoco, baffled.

"It is not important. What is important is that Sekla's attempt to change history has been thwarted. The river of time flows on once more."
Kendra wrote:"Are you really who you say you are?"
"Whom did I claim to be?" he asks cryptically.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae rushes over to examine the pendant in the hobgoblin's hand. "Oh wow! There's another one. Can I see it? How does it work? What are it's limitations? How was it created? How many more are there? If Sekla was stopping time, does that mean I'm not late for dinner?"
Veni Vidi Vici
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin stares agape as the Elder reveals the pendant, "Cor, I'm going to have to learn some of this magic some day. How was Sekla going to change history? We saw the pendant bring Coroccoco and Darga back to life, but what do you mean about the river of time?"

Gregeddin furrows his brow in thought, "Draconians, and more of them, hmm"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra frowns. "How soon are we going to see more of these Draconians?" she asks She decides not to touch upon the subject of who the hobgoblin actually is because she knows she isn't going to get a straight answer one way or another.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The old hobgoblin shakes his head. "You will learn the answers you seek in...time," he says. "In six days, everything will change."

He looks to Coroccoco. "I must go now, but perhaps you would wish to accompany me? You have proven yourself worthy to become a true cleric of Zivilyn. There is much I could teach you."

Corocccoco steps forward. "Yes," she says with only a second of hesitation. "I believe this is my destiny." She turns to the others. "And so, this is where we part ways. I don't know if I'll ever see any of you again. But it has been an honor to fight alongside you all."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Good luck to you," Kendra says to the female hobgoblin with a nod of her head.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin mulls over the Elder's words, he gathers that the old hobgoblin will not divulge anything further and decides not to push for answers.

"Well it's clear how much this means to you." He says to Coroccoco. "Thank you for the good fortune you have brought us" he adds glancing over at Darga.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"All my questions will be answered in just six days? Oh good. I do have a great deal of questions. Do I have to ask them out loud before then? maybe I should start thinking up new questions as quickly as possible so that when six days come I'll be that much smarter. Cuz I'll know more answers. Ok... Where is the Helm of Grallen? What should I eat for dinner on for the next month? When will old Crulamin Milltall retire? Should I have kissed Caiatris before I left Mount Nevermind? How does the perpetual water jam-er-er actually work? Why aren't Pocketdoors more common? Oh wow, I'm going to be so smart in six days."

Haahqae's so caught up in his new exciting train of thought that he barely even notices Coroccoco announcing her departure.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Thank you all for everything," Coroccoco says. "And you," she says, looking to Kynaston, "protect that young woman. Offer her my apologies for not being able to do so myself."

Kynaston nods. "Consider it done. I'll check on her as soon as we get back into town."

"Good luck in your endeavors," the old man says. He and Coroccoco move away from the group and then the old hobgoblin begins chanting and manipulating the jeweled pendant.

"Thy time is thy own," he starts, turning the pendant to face himself.

"Though across it you travel." He moves the face plate on the pendant from right to left.

"Its expanses you see." The back plate drops to form a rod and two spheres. A white circle of light, composed of magical runes, form around them on the ground.

"Whirling across forever." He twists the top clockwise and a chain drops down.

"Obstruct not its flow." He moves the chain clear of the mechanism.

"Grasp firmly the end and the beginning." He holds the device by each sphere.

"Turn them upon themselves." He rotates the spheres forward.

"All that is loose shall be secure." The chain suddenly winds into the body. The stones at their feet begin to vibrate and sing.

"Destiny be over your own head." He holds the scepter over his head. There is a flash of light, and then the two are gone, leaving no evidence that they were ever here to begin with.