Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 2: Bear in Mine

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 2: Bear in Mine

Post by mgbevan »

"Well that's a surprise to be keeping all of that down here. Not as surprising as all the magic and witchcraft knocking around these walls though. I'm not complaining with this though." Gregeddin says as he eyes over the goods.

"I'm sure you'll look most dashing in that" he nods to Kendra.

Noting the painting of the king, he picks it up and holds it up above his head to get a better view of it in the light. Heraldry painting (1d20=11). (Pass)

While looking at the painting, searching his memory, he catches the end of Coroccoco's sentence. "Sekla carried the other medallion?", he then proceeds to wander slowly over to her charred corpse, musing over the painting.

"Oh, fire is so messy..."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The pendant is the device Sekla used to travel here," Coroccoco says. "Through the river of time. She must have been trying to change the future for some reason. That is why Zivilyn has asked we retrieve it. In the wrong hands, that artifact could destroy everything we know." She pauses to think. "If it was destroyed, perhaps that is for the best. But it means I have failed in my first task to this old god."

When Gregeddin examines the painting, he recognizes the crest on the king's shield. He reckons that this must be a painting of Abushmulum the Ninth, the last king of Tarsis before the Cataclysm.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra picks up the tiara, since she put a claim in on it, and puts it on her head. "Oh yes, I'm sure I look lovely," she says with a small laugh before she chimes in on the conversation between Coroccoco and Haahqae. "Well, it has to be around here somewhere," she says. "Everyone check what you've all ready got and make sure that it isn't there."
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin laughs happily at Kendra's quip, and hurriedly skips back over to the table to pick up a long sword and join in with the dress up.

Then, holding the painting up to replace his face with that of the painting, he grandiloquently proclaims with the sword raised in the air with a billowing voice, "Avast there noblemen and women! A feast for your eyes, you are in the presence of both royalty of the king and the exquisite beauty of this fine lady." Taking a deep bow.

"Ah! My faithful mount." Gregeddin mock-rides back over Sekla to see if he can find the medallion.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae laughs at Kendra playing dress up after vicously slaughtering sligs and demons moments before, but then he turns serious again when she redirects the conversation. "You'd think you'd know if you picked up a pendant that can travel through time, talk to ancient gods and fulfill whatever Coroccoco's 'First task', whatever that is. Maybe he should tell us. That is unless it's hidden. Maybe she stuck it in the package of dried fruit!" Haahqae pulls out the package and resumes consuming it. "I'll just have to eat until I find the pendant! Maybe the rest of you can help." And he offers the dried fruit around the room once again.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Let's gather up what we can then," Kynaston says, "and take it back to the surface. That way, Darga can rest. We can divide up the wealth and figure out what it's worth up there."
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin rummages through Sekla's charred robes. "I can't find any medallions on her" he calls to Coroccoco. "Either she had it hidden before we jumped them, or Haahqae here has lost it in his blinking fruit."

He takes Haahqae up on the offer of the fruit, but with the painting once again covering his face, "His highness does enjoy a snack"

To Trench he replies, "Yep you're right, fresh air and water will do us good, we're going halves on the carrying though." Gregeddin proceeds to stow the two swords down his belt, place the painting back into the chest, pops the lid closed then readies himself on one side of the chest, waiting for Kynaston to get the other side.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra giggles lightly as she picks up what loot she can so that they can travel back up to the surface. "Come on, everyone," she says. She keeps the tiara on her head because she knows she'll probably never be able to wear one again.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gathering up the treasure, the party begins their ascent back up to the surface. Once there, Bear gives them full access to the abandoned cabins, so they'll be able to rest and eat.

(OOC: Unless there's anything anyone wants to do first, we can skip to the next morning.)
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin will wash at the well, doing his best to rid the blood from his clothes. He will also drink and rummage for food in the pantry. He is happy to eat talk and play music with his companions into the evening. Playing his Zheng is some brief respite from the intensity of the days events reminding him of more peaceful times.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra spends most of the downtime just resting, considering she is pretty injured. She wraps her wounds up the best that she can, and lets out a small laugh as she looks at herself. "Norris is going to have a fit once he sees me," she says softly with a shake of her head. "And I'm probably fired since I won't make it back to Haven on time for work."
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Although Darga wants nothing more than to collapse into sleep, he knows that he needs to tend to his wounds. After peeling off his armor, he joins Gregeddin at the well and cautiously dabs at the cuts and bruises on his body. Wonderingly, he examines the place where the sword thrust that should have killed him was, but Zivilyn had left naught but freshly-healed, still-tender skin. But his mind is too clouded with the stresses of the day, and he soon gathers his things and hauls them to a likely cabin, where he promptly curls up in a corner to fall asleep.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

There's a well in the area that allows the party to drink their fill and wash out their wounds, and Gregeddin manages to find some dried rations in the cabins so the party can eat something, as well. Haahqae finds his armor and his shirt where he left them.

Mostly the party rests up, and enjoys Gregeddin's performances. When night comes, they all get some sleep.

When morning comes, they hear the pitter-patter of light rain on the roofs of their cabins. Today, weather wise, looks the same as yesterday.

Everyone feels a little better after a good day's rest (everyone regains 1 HP), and Haahqae slips away for a bit to memorize a new spell when nobody's looking (he also gets all of his cantrips back).

"Well then," says Kynaston as they prepare breakfast, "we should decide how we're going to divide this loot up."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I all ready said I would take the tiara and kingfisher," Kendra says.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Darga wakes to the sound of rain on the cabin's roof and gathers himself for the day. While still stiff and sore from his ordeal, he feels much better than he did before his much-needed sleep. Leaving his gear in the cabin for the time being, Darga finds his companions gathered for breakfast.

At the mention of the treasure, Darga shrugs. "Ya kin give me whatever ya want fer my share. Did anybody find that medallion o' Zivilyn that Corococco was talkin' about? If not, we got ta go back inta th' mine and find it." With another shrug and a look towards Bear, he adds, "That, an' the mine may not be cleared out, yet."