Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 8: Reunion

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 8: Reunion

Post by JadedDM »

Harbormaster's
"The R-Reef doesn't visit here very often; only when a, uh, passenger specifically requests to be brought here," Crispus explains. "It's not one of the, um, ship's normal stop offs, on account that there's really nothing much here. Usually it goes to one of the, er, bigger port cities on the island instead."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Looking Ouragana in the eyes, Val respomds. "The point was to bring him back alive, then we wouldn't be going through all these guessing games." She digs back into her plate, finishing that and her beer.

"Now, here we are trying to figure out fact from fiction, which I ain't very good at."

As the other two finish up she suggests, "Shall we go see how they are coming along?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we probably have our man." She grins nodding to the man a silver appearing in the palm of her hand. "Thank you." She adds, reaching out her already dirty glove.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What is the closest port city to here?" Jocelyn asks.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Val", Baeros says as he gets up, "We agreed we will all meet here later. I want to put my stuff in my room, and we can search it first since it is there where the assassin stayed for a weak. Judging by the way he had fought, he might have been clumsy enough to leave some clues behind. Then I'm going to rest for a bit, it's been a long journey." On his way to the room with the packs on his shoulder and the dishes in his hands, Baeros call to the people on the next table, "Don't believe everything you hear, Soulbiters?!? Sounds like a scare tale for the kids..." He grins and continues to Mara at the desk, hands her the dishes and says, "The food was delicious. Thank you." and then continues to his room looking back at Val and Ouragana, "Are you coming?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana gets up at Bearos's call. "Yes, I'm coming." As they climb upstairs, she casually says "the last adventure we girls had together was finding a murderer of young girls... I didn't think one of us would ever become the target of an assasin. and before you ask, the murderer there was not part of an organisation whose profits we have spoiled."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Harbormaster's
Crispus accepts the silver coin. "M-my thanks," he stutters. In answer to Jocelyn's question, he replies, "I suppose that would be Tu'Valie, the island capital. It's on the west side of the island."

Inn
Baeros, Val and Ouragana head upstairs. It's easy enough to find Baeros' room, as there are only three rooms total up there; the other two belong to Ouragana and Val/Areilon.

Baeros' room is identical to the girls'. It's a simple room with a pair of single beds and a window overlooking the village. The beds have been made and the room has been cleaned, as one would expect.

========

Areilon pays Crispus 1 silver piece.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My pleasure, your help has been most useful " She grins, "I guess we are off to Tu'Valie then."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thank you," Jocelyn says with a nod towards Crispus before she turns and walks back to the inn. "Actually, we don't need to go to Tu'Valie. I know where the ship makes port all the time, but I'm not sure it is the best idea to go there or to even face these people," she admits. "So, I need advice on what to do, and the only person I know that could possibly give me advice is Noah."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks around the room. "Nice. I can hear the bed whispering to me... Well, there is not much to search for any clues regarding the assassin which means we will soon enough can get some rest." Baeros puts his stuff in a clear spot on the floor. "Maybe he left something under the beds or the mattresses..." As he searches the first bed he says to Val, "You can search the other bed, and Ouragana, you can check if he left something near the window... Is it possible to see the church from the window?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana goes to the window and looks out, and she also looks if there is anything unusual in the room. "Mara does her job properly" she says. Then she turns around. "The assasin has checked out before attemting to do his job. So, how did he plan to escape after his job was done? He obviously didn't plan to return and play the innocent."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The only thing Baeros finds under the bed is a clean chamberpot and possibly a couple of dust bunnies. Val finds the same under the other bed.

Ouragana doesn't notice anything unusual about the room. Looking out the window, she can't see the temple because there's another building between the temple and inn that is blocking the view. However, were there nothing obstructing the view, the temple would be visible from there.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Ah yes, and it is not possible to observe the temple from this window, there's a building in between" Ouragana answers Bearos's question in an afterthought.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And where is Noah? I'm assuming once you were given your own church, they felt you no longer needed him." She muses as she walks back.

"Are we friends? Or are we just people you met?" she adds

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Again, no clues. Not here, not on the body. The only hope was to take him alive. Damn it!" Val says as she looks at Baeros