Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 8: Reunion

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 8: Reunion

Post by JadedDM »

He takes a deep breath. "Alright then. Let's go and meet her," he says, gesturing to the door.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn leads Andar down the stairs, and outside. "Well, you two have met before," she says with a weak smile as she steps aside so that Areilon can do or say whatever it was she wanted to say to him.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Before stepping back to his room Baeros asks Val to wake him in a hour if he doesn't wake by himself.

After getting some rest Baeros goes to the shore, looks for the tropic reef. He studies the fish and appreciate the wonders of nature for a while, musing on the miracles around him, while Takit plays on the sand biting driftwood and fighting small crabs. On his way back to the inn Baeros refill his supplies, and professionally repairs his cloth, weapons and his horse horseshoes.

=============================
(OOC:
Baeros buys:
Leather gloves
Repair his boots
Backpack
Give his swords to a weapon-smith for professional sharpening and maintenance
Refill his arrows (assuming some are missing after hunting food on the journey here)
Refill spices for cooking (Not too expensively)
Refill rations and spare food for the horse if the supply he had is finished.
Some fresh vegetables, and cheese (enough for two days of 5 people eating), also half a sack of carrots for Thunder (if it is at reasonable cost).
5 wineskin of cheap wine
Small cask of beer (gallon)
Dried fruits
Takes his horse to blacksmith to check his horseshoes. )
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val wakes Baeros at the appointed time and speaks with him a bit "So, you want to see the fish around the reef." she states as fact. "If you think you can handle it, I would offer to give you a tour, I need to go to the shore anyway." A little wry smile crosses her lips. "Interested?"

OOC:I am going to assume a positive response for the sake of expediency.

"Well, you should leave your leather, shield and bow here, you won't need them. Then let's go!" She almost sounds excited.

As they walk to the beach, Val tries to remain calm. Once to the shore she simply wades into the water. "You might want to remove your boots."

The half-orc continues out until the water is hip deep, waiting for Baeros to join her before putting two fingers to her lips and letting out an ear-piercing whistle. She turns to Baeros and says "Just relax and look at all these fish." with a beaming smile on her face.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

From afar, Ouragana sees Val and Bearos on the shore near the reef, and she smiles because Mist will be coming. Seeing the two makes her remember she promised to look for transportation off the island, and she walks to the port and looks for the information there.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei bows gently, her hand on her chest to cover her cleavage. "Andar, I made a promise I'd be here, and I never like to break a promise." She lifts her head, watching him intently, "I've had a long time to think about my actions, I've sat in my bunk on the Bullring so many nights, so many nights alone.." She blushes deeply, her skin a deep crimson. "I'm sorry, I treated you poorly, and I want to make amends."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Andar nods to Areilon. "It's okay. I forgive you. The pastor filled me in on everything. It seems you are heading to Draska? I don't have much, but my cutlass is at your disposal then."

===========

(OOC: Regarding Baeros' tasks--

Leather gloves cost 6 gp
Backpack costs 24 sp
The grain for his horse will cost 1 cp for a pound (a horse needs 4 pounds a day)
The vegetables will cost 1 cp a pound (this goes for the carrots, as well)
The cheese will cost 48 cp a pound
A wineskin costs 96 cp; filling it with weak wine will cost 72 cp a pint (a wineskin can hold 8 pints)
A gallon of light bear costs 384 cp; a gallon of heavy beer costs 768 cp
Dried fruit goes for 2 cp a pound
We can assume the rest of the stuff will total 12 silver pieces total.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then I am fortunate indeed." She pauses. "Wait? You are coming?" Arei smiles, "That's the best news I have heard all day." Offering him her hand she nods. "Your blade is welcome, do you need any other equipment?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, my blade is all I have, actually," Andar admits, scratching the back of his head. "I sold everything else to help my family while I was here."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

(OOC: I'm changing a little bit the previous post to fit with Nuke's)

Baeros opens lazily one eye as Val knocks on the door, yawns widely and says, "Wow, thanks, without you I would sleep to the next morning... If not longer..." Hearing Val's offer Baeros quickly gets up locks the door and follows her to the shore. "I'd be glad for a tour," he says waving his hands "I heard about those fish long ago, and to say the truth, I didn't think anyone of you would share my appreciation for this small miracle of nature..." all the way to the shore Baeros keeps babbling about the fish and his love to nature, and he doesn't have the slightest clue that he is led to a trap, even with all Val's obvious excitement.

At the shore Baeros removes his shirt and boots, leave them with Val's and enters the water gladly... seeing all the colorful and strange looking exotic fish, Baeros is truly amazed, than he suddenly hear Val's whistle, raises his gaze to see whats going on and his amazement grows hundred fold becoming a horror. Instantly he roars out his lungs pointing frantically behind Val, "VAALLLLl!!! DIVE!!!" and he starts to swim towards her without thinking too much what he actually can do.

=========================
(OOC: Baeros accepts the prices and buy all that appeared in the list. For the horse he buys food for 2 days, 3 pounds of cheese and dried fruits each, heavy beer and full wineskin, my calculations summed to 25gp 6sp 6cp. A little bit expensive, but with his Charisma, sharing food and beer is the only way for Baeros to become popular :) )
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then." She smiles deeply, motioning to Joyceln. "If the good Pastor allows, I would like to ensure you have the gear you need. I assume you can use a bow of some kind?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I've fired a crossbow before, back on the Lusty Mermaid," Andar admits.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why don't you help him get outfitted for this, and I will head back to the temple to start getting things settled," Jocelyn offers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That," She smirks, "I can do." Bowing to Jocelyn she turns back to Andar, motioning for him to lead the way. "You know where we might get things here. I would think clothes, a few daggers, backpack, some rations.."

"You didnt expect me to return did you? I could see it in your face. I made you a promise did I not?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"A year is a long time, at least by human reckoning," Andar admits. "I had nearly forgotten myself, before the pastor reminded me."