Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 8: Reunion

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 8: Reunion

Post by BishGada »

Hearing the girls mumbling outside Baeros opens the door, "Hey all..." he smiles. "I see we are having some difficulties deciding our next moves... I also heard that you know on which ship the assassin came here. So first, I think we should rest for a couple of hours... Then I suggest we stay here for a couple of days, maybe there will be another attempt on Jocelyn since they already tracked her here. We can watch over her, they won't expect that..." Baeros looks at Val apologetically, "This time I promise one man at least will stay alive for questioning... In the meanwhile we can prepare ourselves for a journey in case such attempt won't occur. Regarding such journey I'd suggest traveling between neighboring islands, check out this 'birdmen' rumor... and maybe we will see this ship while on water."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(actually we are in the common room, downstairs!)

"The Birdmen are real, there is no mystery there, none at all." Arei answers with a furrowed brow, how long had he been listening? "Do not accept every rumor blindly."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragna laughs. "Yes, but this rumor happens to be true, we can vow for that."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks between Oura and Arei before she shakes her head and addresses Baeros. "We helped those bird men about a year ago, that is how we know that rumor is most likely true," she explains. "And you want to wait until they attack me again to get more information out of them? It might help to know how big of a crew that they have, but otherwise I know where exactly where they are, or at least where they will be."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

(OOC: ooops, I missed that Ouragana walked to the common inn before meeting Arei and Jocelyn. *blush*)

Baeros raises his eyebrows in wonder, "Wow, you met them? I'll gladly hear your tale..." then looking at Jocelyn, "I didn't know you know exactly their whereabouts. That's changes things." Baeros lowers his voice so he can't be overheard in the room, "In that case we should go after them, maybe after making some preparations. Do you know their numbers by any chance? We need a plan... I guess that like any sailors when on shore the crew splits for arrangements. Then if the captain will be on shore, he will probably will have several guards with him but he will be more vulnerable than on ship. We could ambush him, and having the captain will probably solve the problem."

"You never told me why are they after you anyway..." he adds in after thought. "Maybe this is the time to tell it. You can do it in my room." he says looking suspiciously around.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My stance is known." Arei leans back, giving the warrior a warning glance. "That is Joycelns story to tell, not mine.. I am but a little elf." her tone deeply sarcastic.

"We take the fight to them, we scout them out and see what we can."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I've all ready told the story to the others," Jocelyn admits as she runs her fingers through her hair. She wasn't really much inclined to tell it again, but it seems that Baeros needed to know since he was jumping in to play a hero. "I use to be one of them," she says simply. She didn't sound too ashamed of that fact. "That was until I was blamed for the previous captain's death."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros shakes his head disbelievingly, 'What a mess...' he thinks to himself, 'a Pastor that was a pirate and presumably killed a pirate captain, and then this little elf that didn't got the joke and seems to hate me...'. Baeros looks at Jocelyn "Well, I suppose you didn't do it. You are a priestess of Octhanus after all, you can't be a murderer. I also suppose they didn't take your word for it. Since they will continue to come after you, and you know where are they gonna be, I agree with Areilon that we need to go after them, but maybe if we can find and prove who was the real murderer, it will be better than trying to kill every one of them. Is there any chance for that?" Then he looks at Arei, "I'm sorry if I pulled it too long... Did I forget to mention that you are a cute little elf?" and he smiles as apologetically as a smile can get.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You neglected to mention that, yes." Arei responds, her hand resting on her sabre hilt, "I believe her, and I have more to loose that most of you, The Poison Curse will not be... forthcoming on my return. But they know me and will welcome me like the former crewmate I am."

"But then its possible with the way that Pirate crews are, that the whole crew has changed, I have seen that more than once." She looks at Baeros, expecting him to read between the lines, "If any remain, they will know me, after all, I shared his bed."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Jocelyn, Areilon, since you were on the ship, you must know how they navigate. Do they have a sorcerer aboard?" Ouragana asks the two former pirates.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"They did for a while, in fact while I was there they got through two." She shrugs, "The life of a pirate is a tough one, quite demanding.. where else do you think I got the scar?" Her fingers stroke the old wound.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn leans back in her chair and looks up at the ceiling as she things over the mess that she is in. "This happened awhile ago, so any evidence that might have been left behind is gone now," Jocelyn says. "They are convinced that I killed him, and it seems they are going to do all that they can to kill me. Also, when I was a pirate, I wasn't a priestess of Octhanus," she pointed out. "I'm from Draska. The teachings of Renos are quite strong there, and there is a lot more there than just pirates that want to kill me."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at Jocelyn puzzled, "I never thought you were a pirate and a priestess at the same time... I meant that being a priestess now testify of your good heart, and that is the same heart you had while with those pirates."

"Have you both been on the pirates ship at the same time?" Baeros asks Areilon, oblivious to any of her threatening motions, and her hints, "You said the crew changes often... Is there a possibility that pirates that left the ship will also hold grudge on Jocelyn? Because, if so, this problem will never end..."

"In any case, I still agree with Areilon, the cute and smart little elf, that we should try to do something about it. And don't worry, we will stand together and watch each other backs."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My time was before hers, I have been on the oceans for many years." Arei muses, listening to everything that was said. "Look we can sit here and talk about this until the wind no longer lifts the sails.. but we have a choice. Do we go to Draska and find the Poison Curse, or do we wait here for someone to try to kill Joyceln again?" She frowns.

"Two choices, stay or go. Each of you in turn." She motions to Val.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Go, I've had enough sitting around here." Val replies