2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Dagger Falls

Post by Faeryl Nhiikira »

(Sorry, missed the part where you asked me a question.)
Finally, he looks to Seraphina. "And you, too, of course. What weapons can you use, what skills can you contribute--aside from locksmithing, I suppose."
Seraphina glances up at Gimak. "Oh, sorry. Didna realize you were talking to me. Well, I'm fair at making myself difficult to detect, and I'm fairly handy with these weapons you see me carrying. I've also been known to disarm traps here and there."
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Jain looks half-way amused and half-way troubled by the group's clashing. Swallowing a mouthful of cheese and bread he takes a step into the group, waving a heel of bread around in what he hopes is a conciliatory manner. "Now, now, you're both wrong! I'll be heading off on Cloud once we enter Black Switch for I've business there. I shall be in and out of Dagger Falls to check up on you and attend to... things. You'll be able to leave messages at the Teshford Arms... One of you can write, yes?" He chuckles, turning to Raina.

"Why, you may do whatever you like my dear. The city is a ripe and roasted chestnut waiting for you to crack it. I suggest some information gathering, surreptitiously of course as your companion suggests. Though you're bound to attract some attention, new faces are not so..." He trails off, brow furrowing in confusion then unraveling in realization.

"Hoofbeats..." he says quickly, "coming fast. Could be friendly, could be raiders, what say you?" He scans the surrounding area quickly, pointing to a depression off the road that should be able to shelter them from sight from an unobservant rider. "Hide, or stay?"
Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant

Seraphina quickly dives into cover, pulling out her crossbow, ready to fire if the strangers prove hostile.

(Do I just copy the rolls from Invisible Castle to roll dice here? Either way, 45% chance of being hidden.)
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

(I prefer that you link the dice rolls from invisible castle, yes ^^ But I also consider the honor system fair game)
Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant

Dice here

(I always consider the high roll to be a success. Which, in this case, would be a result of 46 or higher. However, I'll abide by your judgement on this if you're of a different opinion.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Scatter and hide, but cover me. I'll stay out here alone. If they are friendly, all the better. If they attack, make sure you're all in good sniping positions," Gimak suggests, turning to face the sound of the oncoming horses, leaving his axe on his back.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"A dwarf with so many horses? They will know you're not alone" Eringard says, but dives into the hollow nonetheless, making sure her drab cloak covers her bright robes.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He will not be alone " Elianna states firmly, slipping off the horse with as much grace as she can manage. "Maria." Her voice authoritive, grabbing the girl she points to the undergrowth. "I suggest you get hidden."

"If they are Zhents, you will need me master dwarf." Crossing her arms over her chest she turns to face the incoming horses.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gimak grunts. He had actually forgotten about the horses for a moment. Hadn't he said before they were more trouble than they were worth? Now it seems that might prove true.

To Elianna, he says with a nod, "Your call. Maybe we can pass ourselves as horse merchants." Knowing his luck, though, the oncoming riders would turn out to be horse thieves. Well, they were welcome to them if that was the case!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then they will have a fight in thier hands." She smirks, "A dwarf with horses, one would suspect, myself, not so much. You are going to have to trust me."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina pulls out her bow, and heads for the depression without another word. She knows that Gimak can most likely handle himself, and she can provide cover fire.
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Maria does what she is told, getting off the horse and hiding behind the bushes nearby. She stays near the road though but keeps well back.

OOC: Hide

1d20 → [6] = (6)
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

The party seeks cover in the depression or behind a tree in Maria's case, while Gimak and Elianna stand their ground in the midst of the steeds. Luckily they were already hobbled or tied from stopping for lunch and so can't bolt away.

Jain seems on the verge of guiding his fine-looking palfrey, a dapple-gray with the name Cloud, into the depression with him but instead he jams the reins into Elianna's hands and nearly leaps for cover with the rest of the group. He draws no weapon, but from the way he was producing daggers back in the Old Skull Inn he's likely ready to supply cover.

The thundering of hooves roars louder, and it isn't long before a small host of riders comes thundering around a bend in the path some forty paces in front of them. The riders rein back hard, stopping ten or so paces from the group. They are a motley assortment of humans numbering fourteen with piecemeal armor they liked foraged from some attic based on the outdated style of most of it. Many of the riders nervously unsling bows while glancing behind them.

The leader of the horsemen rides forward and greets you, he his a handsome man with long brown hair covered by a bat-winged helm. His bared sword looks old and impressive, still deadly despite its years. When he speaks, it is with haste and a half-distracted look to his eyes.

"“Well met, travelers. I’m Randal Morn, and my men and I are the protectors of Daggerdale. I could use some stout swordsmen like you. “A strange fever is stalking Daggerdale by night, catching the good Dalefolk asleep and leaving them trapped in their slumber. The Dream Fever magic comes from Dagger Falls where the usurper Constable Tren rules. Any man who can put an end to the fever will have earned my thanks and my gold. Beware of the Constable. Tren is a lackey of the Zhentarim, a coward and a blackmailer, but he is not a man to be crossed lightly."”

Randal holds his reins with one hand and keeps the other on his sword. As the excitement of their rush fades he seems to notice Gimak and Elianna's situation for the first time, taking them in with sharp eyes. "Brigands? I see six saddled mounts but only two riders." Some of his men raise their bows, but do not draw yet.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, not brigands. Just extra cautious travelers. Never know who you can trust these days, especially on the open road," Gimak states, holding up his hands defensively. "Funny coincidence running into you, Lord Morn. It just so happens we are on our way to Daggerdale to investigate this very disease you speak of."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed. My companion speaks the truth, you never know who you might encounter these days." Bowing she gives him a once over, does he look like the lord she has heard of?

"The disease appears to be quite effective, could we ask you what you know of it?" the half elf barely moves, her hands stay across her chest, but she makes no threatening moves.

Borderlands 3 - Navi