Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Chapter 1: The Road to Dagger Falls

Post by NoTrammeling »

It is Ches 3rd, just past noontime.

Jain Longeleague made good on his word, having arrived at the Old Skull Inn near first light with a group of fully-equipped motley mounts for the party each supplied with its own oilcloth tarp. Two ponies for the smaller members of the group, a docile shaggy-maned sorrel and a dark bay with nervous eyes. For the humans and half elf he brought three rounseys, a fleabitten gray, and two duns one of which with only half of an ear. (ooc: first to post gets first choice!) The animals appear well looked after but are clearly not exemplary specimens.

There is no mount for Maria, Jain having stated, "I'll not have your animal getting spooked and bolting or worse, bucking you. You can ride pillion with myself or one of the Ladies."

The road outside of Shadowdale was choked with morning travel, but the instant the group turned Northwest for Daggerdale they found themselves alone. Not many travel there, it seems.

The rain returned to the group as they wound their way through the Rimwood, following the swelling waters of the Ashaba river on its Northerly route. The forest is sparse and well-spaced pines are the only vegetation around, bearded by lichens and climbing vines. It is wet, and the middling breeze blowing down from the Desertsmouth Mountains feels like daggers of ice, though thanks to Eringard's insistence most of the downpour is held out by the group's oilcloths.

The party has now stopped for a midday meal of cold cheese and hard bread, as the rain has mercifully halted (for the time being at least). Jain offers to share with any who do not have rations, namely Raina and Eringard. It is a good chance to stretch one's legs from the stiffness of cold and saddle.

"We are nearly out of the forest," claims the Longleague in between bites of hardtack, "Into Daggerdale lands by now, just as well the rain and wind have died for we'll soon be on the open plain. If we're lucky we may shelter the night in the ruins of Castle Daggerdale, a gloomy place... but we can make our own cheer." He grins.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Dagger Falls

Post by Jenara »

(Taking the mount with half an ear, and Maria is to ride with Elianna.)

Having breakfasted with little ceremony, Elianna stands outside the inn, her sword across her back as she throws her cloak behind her. Stepping forwards she approaches the Dun horse with the damaged ear, "I'll take her, fleet I think." turning the motion reveals her breast plate, the sun revealing the glittering silver tree emblazoned on her chest.

"Maria will ride with me, if that is acceptable?" she asks, readying her quiver and strapping her backpack to the horses saddle.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After breakfast, Gimak chose the shaggy sorrel, as the dark bay appeared nervous to him, and not having much of an affinity for horses to begin with, he didn't want a pony that would give him any trouble.

When the party stops for lunch, Gimak munches on some of his dried rations and drinks from his waterskin. "Well, then" he begins. "Seems to me that if we're to be traveling together, and later on, investigating this mysterious disease, we best know what we're all capable of. Now Raina and me have traveled together before, so I more or less know her skills. But what about the rest of you?"

He looks to Eringard. "My uncle was a cleric warrior of Clangeddin Silverbeard, although I never fought alongside him. What sort of miracles can a priestess of Lathander call up? And you any good with that there morningstar?"

To Maria, he asks, "Not an expert on sorcery, neither. What kind of spells can you call up, if the need comes up, child? And have you any weapons at all?"

He looks to Elianna and frowns. "And you? Better with the sword or the bow, are you?"

Finally, he looks to Seraphina. "And you, too, of course. What weapons can you use, what skills can you contribute--aside from locksmithing, I suppose."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My skill lies with my blade, although I am well versed in the use of my bow." Ignoring the frown she watches the dwarf with a curious glance. "And what of you, or your... friend here?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Eringard had passed among the mounts, and one of the rounseys having sniffed at her, she patted and later mounted it. "Have you been given the names of the animals, Jain?" she asks, loudly enough for all to hear.

During lunch, she gracefully accepts Jain's food "I have iron rations myself, but this is better, thank you."

She picks up the morning star when Gimak mentions it, weighing it in her hand before putting it down again. "This is no decoration, I assure you. We are required to practice regularly. I didn't need it much outside practice, though. I haven't travelled a lot, and priests of Lathander are rarely attacked in towns. As for the miracles we can do... well, Lathander is the God of Dawn, of beginning and growth. This gives the scope of things we can do in His name. So what I've asked for today is healing and protection." With her chin, she points towards Maria.

(spells prayed for: 2 x CLW, Sanctuary)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Faeryl Nhiikira »

Seraphina gathers her things quietly in the morning and just listens as the others talk amongst each other. One of the benefits of being smaller than the "Big Folk" is that you often go unnoticed, and can therefore overhear things that others might not.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina had taken one of the rounseys horses, mostly because the poor gray horse looked miserable. During travel, she was mostly quiet as she wanted to take in everything around her. It was good to know where one was while traveling. Plus, one never knew if someone was going to jump out at you. Thankfully, nothing like that happened.

"Well," Raina starts as she takes some of the offered rations from Jain in which she mumbles a thanks as she plops some cheese into her mouth. Clearing her throat, she continues, as she finally sits down next to Gimak. "The name's Raina, by the way, and I'm pretty good with a bow myself," she explains cheerfully to Elianna. "I guess I would be a pretty good scout too, since I have done it a few times while traveling with Gimak here. It is pretty easy for me to blend in to my surroundings when I want to."
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Maria has no qualms about riding with Eilhanna. In a way she is grateful for it. Riding was not one of her better skills. Having already prepared her spells for the day before joining the others, Maria is more than enthusiastic about the trip. Although she is not so enthusiastic about riding a horse. She had to shift her weight from time to time and her behind felt sore. It was clear that she was not used to riding horses. Still she soldiers on, has her sling loaded just in case trouble comes and at least tries to be alert as possible.

To Gimak she adds, "Well I am not sure I am really good at all. Although I can prepare one extra spell per day. And it has to be an evocation spell. I cannot learn or memorize Conjurations and Enchantments but I am very good at blasting things apart and creating fire spells. My mom once told me that it was her fault that I am like that with my magic, whatever that means.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Jain sheds his oilcloth, rerolling it tightly and strapping it to the back of his horse. He seems to suddenly remember something as he's doing so and turns to Eringard. "The horses! No I've given them no names, nor should you. We'll only have them for a short few days... unless you'd like to buy them from me?" He tears off a chunk of bread with his teeth. "Orh take eht ferra rewahd," he swallows, "instead of gold, that is."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Poor things" Eringard says as she gets up to follow Jain's example with the oilcloth. "I believe every creature we interact with should have a name. I thought that horses were given names as foals, and when they're sold, the name gets passed along." She pats the rounsey's neck.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Having heard from everyone else, Gimak continues looking at Seraphina expectantly awaiting her answer.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed, all horses should have a name, Fleet will have one, at least for now." Elianna pats her mounts neck and nods to Raina. "Then we have our scouts, unless our halfling friend wishes to put her name in the hat."

"I believe as Jain pointed out, Maria here will prove useful, who would suspect a child...?" She adds with a grin, "Sitting down near the girl.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So, when we get to Daggerfalls, what exactly are we going to do?" Raina asks. "Are we suppose to report to someone to say that we are there to look into it?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Jain is our employer, we report to him." The Half Elf responds flatly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I don't think we should tell anyone what we're doing," Gimak states. "As far as we know, the Zhents are behind the disease, and telling anyone we're trying to stop it might get reported back to them."

He looks at Elianna blankly. "Jain isn't accompanying us to Dagger Falls, remember?"