Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Tree Lords IV

Post by JadedDM »

When the party awoke the following day, most of their injuries had been healed. Evidently, the tree was radiating positive energy, and this not only healed the forest around it, but anyone sleeping near it, as well.

So they set off that very day, and Dara was true to her word. She led them back to the right path and all the way to the village of Alinost in just under two weeks. But she was a changed woman. Now sullen and melancholy over recent events. When they arrived, she said her good-byes and promised to spread the word among the kirath to keep an eye out for their missing friends. But she needed to return to the forest to find herself, commune with Habbakuk, and hopefully someday find redemption.

Referring to Alinost as a 'village' seemed rather hyperbolic. Even the humble hamlet of Buho where Jerrard, Locky and Babushka first met seems a sprawling metropolis in comparison. Alinost was really more of a trading outpost, at best. There couldn't have been more than a few dozen elves living there, at best.

The party rested at the local inn that night, and now it is the following morning. Before she left, Dara told them to cross the Thon-Thalas River (it can be seen from Alinost, and a large bridge has been built over it) and continue west until they reach another river (actually the same river, it winds quite a bit). Once they reached it, she said to follow it northwest, and it would eventually lead them to the village of Sithelnost. Once there, it's a short journey north to the edge of the forest. If they kept a steady pace, they might even make it before winter sets in.

The flighty kender, lovesick mage, reborn gnome, warrior princess, displaced dwarf and their two henchmen all meet in the common area of the inn for breakfast to discuss their next move. The place is practically deserted--only a single elf mans the bar, an older man who pays the party little mind.

==============

It is now Summer End 04 (two weeks after Jeremy's death), First Watch, Gateway.

(OOC: Casters can pick new spells--Jerrard gets extra because Solinari is waxing.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Tree Lords IV

Post by Jerrard »

"What do we do now?" The mage asks, arms crossed over his chest. "I am loth to leave Malika.. if for no other reason thab the trouble she could cause.."

"We need to buy Babuskha new things as well."

Spells:
1st level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Armor, Armor, Sleep
2nd level: Web, Invisibility, mirror image.
3rd level: Haste, Suggestion
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky sits crosslegged on a chair, she checks out the whole place in two seconds, before looking straight at Imani..

"Why Did Dara leave?" she muses.. "And surely we go on!"

Spells in the morning!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babuhska wiggles her toes. "I think I would like new boots" she says. "Although by now, I seem to have grown enough callused skin not to hurt them with every rock, twig and bramble that comes our way. And I need a belt with pouches, a scabbard for my dagger, and perhaps a sling. Oh yes, and a backpack and bedroll will come handy now that winter approaches." She sighs "But of course, I have to borrow your money to buy anything" she looks up pleadingly.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani leans back in her chair, seemingly a little more like herself today than she had been the past two weeks. She has mostly kept to herself, deep within her own thoughts. Whatever inner turmoil she is going through, she is managing to work her way through it silently, but she still has a long way to go before she has worked her way through all of it.

"Dara will hopefully be true to her word, and have the other kirath keep an eye out for her. We can't go after her ourselves because the trail has gone cold by now," Imani states. "So, our best bet to to gather what supplies we can from here, and follow the path that Dara told us to follow," she says. "We should leave tomorrow, as that will give us time to gather all that we need. Thuskar, would you accompany me once we are done here?" she asks.

Imani looks to Locky finally, after explaining what they should do. "She left because she has a duty to this forest, and she has a lot of things to work through.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Fikod seems in slightly better spirits than the doldrums he's been in since the march from Habbakuk's tree, mostly because of the fact that he's on his second cup of the strongest spirits he could find at the trading post and breakfast hasn't even been served yet. It was a long and bitter march for the dwarf, spent mostly in grumbling about anything that annoyed him which happened to be nearly everything. It's been two long weeks and he's only just beginning to show a thick mat of stubble.

"Dwarf hair isna the same!" He would loudly proclaim through the march, if queried on his loss. "It took me eighty years to grow those mustaches, and then poof! Gone in a burst of traitorous fire, snuffed like a miner in a pocket of gas."

But this morning he hasn't mentioned the subject at all, relishing his first taste of alcohol in nearly one month. Not to mention the prospect of freshly baked bread after nothing but game and wild vegetables. He was practically salivating thinking about a nice wedge of crumbly cheese.

"She was not so bad, for an elf. After she stopped trying to lead us to our deaths that is." The taciturn dwarf takes a mouthful of spirits, swallowing it down without any sign of being bothered.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"She has a lot to deal with," Thuskar says. "She was possessed for over a month. That'll leave some scars. It's awful, losing control over your own body." He absently scratches at his chest--the same place Imani saw he had a green splotch when she saw him shirtless a few weeks ago.

"Anyway, we could probably all contribute a couple of coins to the 'Babushka Needs Shoes' fund," Ulster points out. "That should cover the basic expenses."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Imani's mention of the trail of Maiika and the animals grown cold. Babushka's head drops. She felt it was her fault because in her gratitude to Dara for saving her from the wyndlass, she had not bothered to check if Dara's info matched the tracks... it would have been so easy... Jeremy needn't have died, and she would probably have found Dekker by now, her companion for far longer times than Locky and Jerrard. And she would have her funds then, no need to ask the others for money... she idly twiddles her cup, waiting for breakfast to arrive, just saying a quick "Thank you" at Ulster's suggestion.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We are here, we will survive." Jerrard says in a low voice, "All we can do is push on, the money and mounts are lost, Malika can look after herself, she will probably charm most of elf wood..." he adds with a glum note to his voice.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Money.." Locky muses, searching her pouches, pilling a piece of broken chalk, coal, and a deck of Tarot cards.... "Hmmm.. I could do readings, make us some money, but I'm not sure what Paladine would think."

"All I have is yours." She grins, "Lets go shopping."
-----------------------------------------------
Kender Pockets: 1d100=17, 1d100=77 & 1d100=33

Spells:
1st Level: Detect Evil, Endure Heat/Cold, Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds
2nd Level: Silence 15' Radius, Hold Person, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd Level: Glyph of Warding, Prayer
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Not sure what the elves would think, either," Ulster points out. He and Thuskar both stand up and drop 10 steel each in front of Babushka, giving her a total of 20 together.

"You wanted to talk?" Thuskar asks Imani.

"I should probably go with Babushka and Locky," Ulster muses. "Remember what happened last time Locky went shopping in an elven town?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The sound of steel on the table makes Babushka come out of her sad reverie. "Thank you so much" she tells the men. "It should be me giving you money, not this way around. I promise you'll get this back with interest next time I make money.

Yes, I'd appreciate if you come with us, Ulster. But let's have breakfast first."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani gives Babushka five steel pieces before she stands up and nods to Thuskar. "We'll get something to eat after we buy our supplies," she says to the others as she motions for Thuskar to follow her outside. "I didn't want to mention things in front of the others, but Ulster has been on my thoughts a lot, along with a lot of other things," she explains to the warrior softly once they are out of the inn.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Lets go then!" Locky chirps up, her face lighting up as she drags Babuskha out of the inn.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Ulster, could you get me more arrows, 10 should do. And take this." He places 10 steel and 2 platinum on the table, "I hope this helps.. I can always sell the pearl if I need to." Turning back to the dwarf he smiles

"So, Fikod, do you plan to accompany us? We make for Palanthas, well that is our aim.. Although the final destination is not yet decided." Jerrard asks the dwarf, his eyes on the departing group.