2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: A Night at the Old Skull Inn

Post by NoTrammeling »

Jain stands, bringing his wine goblet up with him. A mischievous smile creeps across the corners of his mouth as he places a light hand on Maria's shoulder, bidding her stand with them for a moment but certainly not forceful enough to hold her in place. "I would like you all to meet another member of the team." He downs the remains of his sweetened wine to let that sink in, plonking it down onto Maria's tray.

"Maria may be young but her mastery of magics is anything but immature." The Longleague stares pointedly into the eyes of the rest of the group. "It will be dangerous, aye, but a cunning leader will find ample use for an innocent-looking 'child.' I expect her returned unharmed."

With that he lifts his hand from the mage's shoulder, and turns to Elianna. He looks exaggeratedly scandalized for a moment, "Miss Troy, I'm in room number seven if that's what you're after." Throwing her a bold wink, he continues, "I did mention something about reserving the rooms to the innkeep, but your initiative is welcome. I suppose one each will do, though if any are won't to share..." He turns a wolfish grin onto the rest of the party, skipping over Gimak before waving her away, lazily.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed she is young." Elianna lifts her left eyebrow. "Can anyone guarantee the safety of another?" She adds, "Do you know the risks young lady..?" Not waiting for an answer she spins on her heels, approaching the innkeeper.

"Well met." She says, left hand raised. "My associates and I are looking for some rooms for this evening.." Sweeping her hand towards the table. "Is that something you can arrange?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Eringard gets up and swiftly comes up behind Elianna. "I already have my room, too" she tells her, then walks over to the ladies'.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Seriously? We are bringing a child with us?" Raina asks curiously before she leans in to whisper to Gimak. "Wow, I was just kidding before but this mission might be doomed," she says. She didn't care how well the girl knew magic, having a child out on the open road was dangerous, and it was going to be hard to keep her protected.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I've already got a room," Gimak states. "Got it when I first arrived, so I didn't have to carry my stuff everywhere with me in the city."

He appears rather incredulous at Maria's introduction. "Taking a child into the Zhent's lair...I've got a bad feeling about all of this."

========

(OOC: Gimak doesn't get a wolfish grin? Pssh, he's the hottest one at the table, hands down.)
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

The innkeep, a thin-but-feisty matron with silvery hair turns to face Eringard and Elianna as they approach. She squints at them, piping up in a prickly tone, "Yes, what'll it be dears? If I had half these years and half again as much patience I'd have time to dawdle and gab." Despite her manner she allows the pair a wry twist of her lips, shadowing her wrinkled cheeks.

After listening to Elianna's request she responds in the same tone. "Rooms? I've got rooms enough, that much is certain though the Halfling's got herself settled as does the Dwarf. Leave it to the short folk to be prepared, heads in the cloud us giants." She cackles, retrieving three keys with numbered wooden plaques attached by chain from a place underneath the bar. She lays them on the table. "Rooms 31, 32, and 33. 24 silvers that'll be, dear."

Meanwhile Jain Longleague holds up both hands in his defense, addressing Raina, "Come now Miss Raina, I'd wager you were about her age when you cut your first pursestrings..." He keeps eye-contact, smiling like the cat who caught a bird. "Aye, and your first heartstrings too."

To Gimak he's much less playful. "Ah how fortunate, I'll not have to spend more gold then."

(Ignoring him to making him jealous =] all in the plan!)

EDIT: Color
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Master Longstride is paying the bill." Elianna says with a curt grin, "And thank you, I will take 31." turning abruptly as if something was on her mind she passes the keys to Eringard, "Please, give these to the others." with that she disappears to the rooms.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Eyebrows raised, but saying nothing, Eringard takes the keys and walks back to the table. "I have keys to two rooms here, who needs them?" she asks, holding them out to the group.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gimak gets to his feet. "I'll walk you to your room, Raina," he states. His intentions are not just chivalrous, it will give the two a chance to talk without being overheard.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Perhaps, Jain," Raina says with a bright smile. "But I was really bad at it back then, and I wasn't traveling on the dangerous roads. I was safe and comfy at home with my parents." She glances at Gimak for a moment before she stands from where she was sitting, and takes one of the room keys from Eringard. "Thanks."

Once the key is in her hands, she joins Gimak. "Have a good night, everyone!"
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Maria is surprised by the offer. She herself was not sure about it but admittedly she found the offer intriguing. Like all children she welcomed the chance for adventure and excitement. But she knew there was going to be opposition and weariness to it. She was not so naive to be surprised by the adventurers' reactions.

"You might want to talk to Lheao and Jhaele about me going to Daggerdale though.", she adds as she follows Jain, "Can I go Miss Silvermane. It sounds like an adventure! And I think it would be fun!"
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

A crestfallen Jain watches Gimak steal away Raina while Elianna retreats of her own accord. Looking back to Eringard and Maria he says evenly, "I suppose we are finished for the nonce, my Ladies." Following the group away from the table, the Longleague approaches Mrs. Silvermane the aged innkeep with Maria in tow. He's about to speak when she does his explaining for him.

A look of displeasure and stern disapproval comes across the innkeeper's face but she meets Jain's gaze just long enough for something unknown to pass between them. Finally she speaks, addressing the young girl. "I'd never allow such a thing young lady... under normal circumstances. But this oaf has made certain promises, speaking of which I still need to wring yours from you! Before I give my blessing you will promise me not to go out seeking danger, and to hide if things become violent we don't want you getting hurt, and not to talk to strangers those Zhents are a nasty lot, and..." Her list of requirements goes on for long, uncomfortable minutes, in the way only a motherly figure knows how but finish she does, awaiting the girl's word.

Meanwhile Elianna ascends to her room. She finds it spare and cramped with only a pallet and a small basin table with accompanying stool, but the bed is full of feathers instead of straw and there's a small window overlooking the street letting in deliciously cool air. The sounds of merriment are muted up there, a welcome retreat from the heat, noise, and crowd of the common room.

Gimak and Raina climb the stair together, dodging some minor foot traffic from the Old Skull's patrons. It's amazing that the stairs don't creak nor show any sign of wear, the builder must have taken great care or the architecture been recently restored. Raina's room is on the third floor near Elianna's (and is of identical architecture and furnishing).
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once Raina opens the door and steps in, Gimak follows and closes the door behind him before looking around. "My room looks the same. Guess they all do," he speculates.

"Anyway, this trip is going to be tougher than I thought. The priestess is such a priss, I wonder if she's ever actually been on the road before. The child is...well, just that. A child! Jain must be out of his gourd, I swear. And the half-elf? She all but admitted to being a spy for the Zhentish! We'll have to keep a close eye on that one, just to be sure she doesn't slit our throats in the middle of the night."

He shakes his head at the absurdity of it all. "At least the locksmith seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, far as I could tell. In any case, we're going to have our hands full just surviving this group, nevermind the Zhents and the sickness."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Elianna sits on the bunk crosslegged for a short while, blade on her lap.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

On her return from the ladies', Eringard is surprised to see that the group had split up. She approaches Jain while Mrs. Silvermane is lecturing Maria. "So we set out after breakfast?" she asks the man.