2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: A Night at the Old Skull Inn

Post by NoTrammeling »

The barmaid returns with everyone's order, looking decidedly nonplussed. Jain gives her a small tip, but as he's turning away she shoots Gimak the most appreciative and understanding of glances.

Longeleague takes his cup of wine in hand, sipping it slowly to warm his throat before he begins to speak. "I myself will be riding, regardless. As Lady Eringard has pointed out the days will be cold and damp. But you may do as you choose, we shall no doubt split ways before long as it is. I'll be staying at the Teshford Arms should you need to consult me."

EDIT: cold and damp*, not cold and camp. There will be no show tunes.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Elianna nods in apprecaition, "A horse would be most useful. Perhaps Gimak could double up with another?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina looks at Elianna questioningly for a few moments after she mentions working with the Zhents. "You use to work for the Zhents," she states. "And now you don't. Well, it is nice to see that this little mission might be doomed before we even set foot in Dagger Falls," she says, but she remains rather cheerful about it all the same. "If we get horses, Gimak can ride with me."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The cold and damp don't bother me...but it seems I'm outvoted on the matter," Gimak says with a shrug. "Horses, then. Although I think they're more trouble than their worth. I'd rather have a stout pony, if all possible. At least that way I can mount and dismount on my own."
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Moving around the room, with practiced hand was a lithe and lanky girl who looked to be around 12-13 years of age. She was fairskinned with a touch of sallowness, had long, reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. She was wearing a plain blue dress and a pair of black boots and was currently serving drinks and food to customers. Maria had been living in the Old Skull Inn for 3 years and now was used to this. Mind you it was very tiring at times but she soldiered on, working hard to keep up with the customers. On occasion though she would come across a dirty table and with the wave of her hand over it it suddenly cleaned itself. But only if the table was empty that she would do this.

Moving over to the table were Jain was she began serving the customers at the table their drinks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Doomed?" Elianna asks with a hint of amusement in her voice. "Hardly, I would hope my time with them will aid rather than hinder."

"The Horses are agreed then, have any of you anything else to add?" She asks, her attention going to the others on the table, "Can you ride Priestess? I would be happy to allow one of the smaller of the party to ride with me."

"My dear." she catches Maria as she walks by, "Could you possibly get me some water?" Offering the young girl a smile, "And please pass on my compliments, the food is very nice."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, I am not a proficient rider" Eringard confesses. "But with a docile horse or mule in a group, I will be fine."
After a pause, she adds: "With the weather being what it currently is, it might be a good idea to bring a few tarpaulins, to keep us dry during the nights we have to camp outside. It's not easy to sleep when rain drips onto your face."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Faeryl Nhiikira »

Seraphina sips her drink quietly, listening to the varied conversations. When the subject of travel method comes up, she chimes in.

"I walked all the way here from Baldur's Gate, where I normally ply my trade. I think I can manage a journey like this on foot."

Her voice is soft, and somewhat quiet, but it carries over the conversation surprisingly well.

"However, if other transportation is being offered, I won't turn it down. Wouldn't do to have a tired Locksmith. They tend not to open locks or disable the occasional trap very well. Either way though, I'll get there. Could use the break from work."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gimak chuckles at Eringard's suggestion. "Life on the road is rough and tough. You get dirty, and wet, and sometimes even bloody."

His brows rise in surprise at Seraphina's statement, though. "Oh! A fellow Baldurian then? I traveled here from there myself, born and raised within the Gate."
Faeryl Nhiikira
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Faeryl Nhiikira »

JadedDM wrote:Gimak chuckles at Eringard's suggestion. "Life on the road is rough and tough. You get dirty, and wet, and sometimes even bloody."

His brows rise in surprise at Seraphina's statement, though. "Oh! A fellow Baldurian then? I traveled here from there myself, born and raised within the Gate."
"Aye, you could say that. I'm originally from a small village in the Chondalwood, but moved to the Gate when I realized I was not going to get anywhere as a professional locksmith unless I moved to a human city. They seem to have a habit of either locking themselves out of places or needing to lock up various things. I see far more of the former than the latter, a fact I find quite amusing."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina looks down at the young girl serving them, and she raises her eyebrows in surprise. "Wow, they start working pretty young around here," she says.
onlie2005
Peasant
Peasant

Post by onlie2005 »

Maria just shrugs, "Nah I just live here and help out when I can."

Maria goes to the back and tells the cook about the compliments before returning to the table with the water that was requested.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Eringard turns to Gimak: "You, Master Dwarf, may be sturdy enough to sleep in cold and rain and stay healthy, but as a healer I have seen too many who lost their lives to illness they contracted when staying cold and wet for too long. And since we're going to expose ourselves to illness, I'd rather get us there in the best possible condition. A tarp costs far less than a life."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you." Elianna says turning to Longstride "Excuse me a moment, Jain have you arranged accomodation for this evening? Would you like me to ensure rooms are ready? How many would we need?" Standing she takes a step back, collecting her blade as she does so.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Fair enough," he replies to the cleric. "But I have my doubts that this disease is a mundane one, that follows the rules of other diseases. If that were the case, they wouldn't need us--just a strong enough cleric to pray it away."