2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: DoD OOC

Post by Jenara »

Yay for keeping Maria, and I'm having fun.
As for wandering down dark alleys is kind of fun!!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I like the atmosphere we're all creating.
And NoTrammeling, you're doing a really great job here!
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I don't have much to add. I'm enjoying myself, too.

The mobat encounter was interesting; certainly different than the standard goblin/kobold fodder often seen in low-level adventures. It wasn't very difficult, but it did catch us off guard and really highlight how poor the party's teamwork is.

One thing, though; I noticed you gave extra XP to Traern for not investigating the strange noise in the alley. Does that imply investigating was the wrong action to take? It seemed to me that if Elianna and Eringard had followed his lead and ignored the alley, we would have missed out on a possible clue (or maybe a red herring, I don't really know yet).

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I think that what NT is suggesting with the XP award is that regardless of whether investigating was the right or wrong action to take, not investigating was the right action for Traern to take. He has his own goals, and doing so would not have advanced his agenda.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

We all seem to have our own agenda here!

And yes we need to work together better, not going to happen with the mistrust going on!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Thanks Breila, I'm happy you think so ^^

I was worried the Mobat might be a little too-weird for a first encounter, I was really struggling between that and goblins but well I've been avoiding cliches is something to strive for. Then it turned out there was actually a Huge Bat random encounter in the module haha, though not very similar.

Honestly? I was planning on those three running down the alley and having a little fight/chase, which I think may have told the party more ^^; But when I thought about it I realized that it's actually much more IC not to go randomly running off after things in alleys (For Traern at least). Not to mention a little wariness is always smart thing

Also it makes things more fun because now you have less info and will have to piece the puzzle together differently
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the alley encounter, Eringard could not hunt the something that attacked the man because she didn't see it. When told what had happened, she was suspicious this might have something to do with the disease. Had the man be in immediate danger of dying, she would have done her best to help him. As he wasn't, she preferred not to touh him and maybe bring the disease into her cousin's house. Also, she thouhgt it prudent to (hopefully) get the group onto the good side of the authorities by reporting the incident and not investigating it by themselves.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yeah, I sort of got the impression they hesitated a little too long, and might have been able to catch whoever/whatever attacked the man in the act if they hadn't.

Breila, you remember that here, the authorities are evil, right? :P
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

So far, I'm enjoying the game. You are doing a great job. I especially love the detail you put into everything.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Certainly Eringard's actions make a lot of sense. I was happy you carefully examined the plant in the man's hand as well ^^

Cheers Horizons! Very good to have you in the game as well, Raina's got stuck into things quite naturally it seems. Lot of information from Gul, true or otherwise ^^
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

How big are the inn rooms? Big enough to possibly cram the whole party into? First thing in the morning, Gimak will want to call a party meeting in his room to tell them about the constable's goons and their ultimatum in privacy. And they can discuss what the girls found, as well.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Good plan, something we need to do.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Happily the Teshford Arms' rooms are quite accommodating, though the furniture and bedding are wanting for lack of care. If everyone agrees I'll start the next chapter with the party gathered in Gimak's room.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Works for me.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Works for me too.

And yes, the authorities are evil, but then it's all the more important to pretend some compliance. I don't think they'll kill the man for becoming victim of something strange, so he isn't any worse off than without our alerting the authorities to what happened.