Moderator: NoTrammeling

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: DoD OOC

Post by Jenara »

They are all very average, but average isn't always a bad thing
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

All I need is a 15.

I could drop the two 12's to 11's resulting in:

15,11,11,11,10,10 would that work?
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

That's fine by me, essentially what you might have achieved with the point-buy system ^^
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Breila wrote:"The constable has sent for a priest?" Eringard asks with a frown. "The temple of Lathander is right in town, he can simply ask any of us."
Um, Breila, according to the handout NoTrammeling made, the temple of Lanthadar burned down nearly a decade ago and has not been rebuilt since then.
NoTrammeling wrote:5) Ruined Temple of Lathander
Once the largest temple of the city, this structure burned in a mysterious fire eight years ago. Many priests failed to escape the flames. The hierarchy of Lathander plans to rebuild the temple and guard it with experienced fighters and priests, but these plans have been delayed several times because of mysterious fires, accidents, and hauntings.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Jaded that's one heck of a link ^^ But thanks for pointing that out! Certainly Eringard would be aware there isn't a proper clergy present, only some Cyric priestess who's more a troublemaker than problemsolver.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I don't know how that happened. Link fixed. :oops:
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Now you got me confused. I thought Eringard was from Dagger Falls, and she and her parents, both clerics, had escaped the fire? I was under the impression that the high priest was trying to get the temple rebuilt but strange mihaps prevented that from happening. So I assumed that there were a few peole of Lathander's clergy left, living scattered among the population of Dagger Falls.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Ahhh no, you've got the right of it Breila I'm sorry ^^; One here, another there, but none too powerful and certainly not fulfilling greater duties than a dawn service or some midwifery.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Stik wrote:When Eringard stands and begins to leave, and Gimak does the same, Traern is puzzled. When Elianna offers Maria the room key, his jaw drops. "Is this your idea of looking out for each other? To immediately split up?" Traern says quietly, but with a hard edge to his voice. "This is unwise."
Raina is drinking with mercenaries. Eringard is headed out to look for her cousin across town. Gimak is going upstairs to his room. Elianna is headed to check on her horse, and she's giving her room key to 12-year-old Maria. 8O

I've seen a lot of horror films where the group hears a warning of danger, then everyone splits up, and nobody makes it to the credits alive except maybe one or two people. In this situation, my money would be on Maria to survive at this point, because she seems kind of plucky.

Might it be a good idea to build some backup into the situation? Perhaps let Eliana and someone else accompany Eringard to her cousin's place, drop her off, then the two of them walk back together? Keep someone here in the taproom in case Raina gets into trouble? That sort of thing?
"No matter where you go, there you are."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Players never learn, unless they make mistakes for themselves.

(And sometimes, not even then.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

You have a point. perhaps we should go with her. and I did change ny post
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

I am back. Sorry, I moved. We fell into an opportunity that was too good to pass up but we had to be out of the old place before months end. Internet was turned on today. :D

Road trip Saturday for football playoffs, will try to catch up Sunday.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

NoTrammeling wrote:Back at the Teshford Arms...Gimak takes a seat at an empty table towards the back of the tavern...

The door to the inn opens roughly, the doorway shortly filled by two dangerous-looking men in full ringmail, both carrying shields with longswords at their belts. One is tall and lithe, the other stocky and thick. They're scowling, cooly scanning the place before stepping aside to admit the third member of their trio. An shiftless-looking orc of middling height and thin build, equipped with a leather jerkin and a club at his waist, steps between the two humans. His eyes dart quickly about the room, finally resting on Gimak. He nods his head in the dwarf's direction and the trio quickly approach.

At this time the inn has gone silent, the atmosphere tense. The mercs and guardsmen, even those too drunk to stand, are suddenly fascinated by the tables in front of them or the contents of their flagons. Before she can take Gimak's order, his waitress slips away into the kitchen.

The two men in ringmail look like they can carry themselves, but the orc in the middle does not move like a fighting man. They halt directly in front of Gimak's table, the swaggering humans sneering contemptuously. The orc speaks. "I am Marrakt, and I speak for the Constable Tren Noemfor. Where is the rest of your group?" His tone is all bravado, expecting compliance.
You see that? You see? This is the sort of thing Traern was on about. 8O

I hate being right all the time.

:lol:

Any minute now someone is going say something about having a death sentence on him in twelve systems. And we don't even have Obi-Wan here to smooth things out.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Half way to level 2!

So what are you going to do about Seraphina and Maria? It's been over a month since onlie logged in, so it's pretty doubtful she's returning.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Well I'll keep them on as NPC's I suppose. Maria will likely stay with the party as she's tied to the plot in a way or two. Seraphina... Well. She'll no doubt show her face again ^^ But I wouldn't count on her presence.

Thank you very much all for playing in this game ^^ Please let me know what I can improve upon, though I think things went fairly well.