2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

DoD OOC

Post by NoTrammeling »

Hey all, thanks for showing interest in my game ^^ I hope we can have a lot of fun and adventure together, though mostly I'll be trying to kill you! (kidding, kidding, I expect this to be RP heavy but with enough pace to actually get through the module).

Any questions, comments, jokes, complaints, non sequiturs, and general chat can be posted to this thread.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: DoD OOC

Post by Breila »

Do you have information on the races frequent in Daggerdale?

My character will probably be a middle-aged shaman, one of these slightly weird people living a little remotely who are being consulted by village people for advice - or would there be a plausible setting for a pythia-like "medium"? She could be thrown out of her cozy world into harsh reality. What do you think?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

According to my own research, the population of Daggerdale is 88% human, 5% dwarven, 3% half-orcish, 2% gnomish, 1% halfling, and 1% 'other.'

Kind of weird, actually. From what I've read, Daggerdale is largely an unspoiled nature landscape. You'd think there'd be more elves, as a result. Maybe the Zhents scared them all away.

There is an Prophet Kit in the Priest's Handbook. They get the power of prophecy, but suffer a -2 reaction adjustment because people are edgy around them.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Jaded is right on the population. Daggerdale used to be highly populated with dwarves along the Desertsmouth Mountains to the West, but they were driven out by the Zhents (Zhentarim, I'll be adding a little blurb about them in the Setting thread when I get some time).

I like the direction you're going Breila, sounds good to me ^^ The only thing that we'll have to be careful of is not being too well known or else the vying factions in Daggerdale may have already made their play for you... Or this could be a very powerful plot element to bring the PC's together =D I think maybe a proper Pythian Oracle is too much, but you can certainly be Oracular.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I told Horizon the Zhents were basically FR's version of the Nerakans from Dragonlance.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Is it okay if my character is from Daggerdale.?

Jaded as he been doing some research on it, and he said something that it sounded as if the PC's should be arriving in Daggerdale rather than being from Daggerdale.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

I hope a certain someone isn't reading through all of the module >:) as that would be cheating! I'm perfectly fine with you being from Daggerdale, Horizons, I think it will be relatively easy to swing whatever backstory you've got into things

All characters will start the game traveling together though, or perhaps meet up in a hamlet if you choose to make your character from one of the many little towns instead of Dagger Fall. I'm completely fine with you creating as much or as little as you like for the bio ^^
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Well, I didn't know the name of the main town, so now I feel kind of silly asking that question after learning that Daggerdale is a whole region. :|

Anyway, I do some research of my own, and I'll figure out where she is from. I don't know FR all that well, so I figure I might as well learn something.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Haha, no worries mate. You'll probably know more about FR than me after your research ^^;
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

My own knowledge of Forgotten Realms is limited to video games and a handful of novels, myself.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Do you want us to just put our character stats here?
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Yeah, for now. I think I'll adapt Jaded's system and keep track of your stats/inventory in a separate thread.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Do the standard core race/class restrictions apply (i.e., no dwarf paladins, gnome rangers, etc.)? What about level limits?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Raina Joyner

Race: Human
Class: Thief
Alignment: NG
THAC0: 20
AC: 6
Money: Starting (40), Ending (1gp,6sp)

Stats
STR: 13
DEX: 16
CON: 11
INT: 15
WIS: 9
CHA: 16

Saving Throws
PPDM: 13
RSW: 14
PP: 12
BW: 16
Spell: 15

Weapon Proficiencies
Short Bow
Dagger

Non-Weapon Proficiencies
Reading/Writing
Tumbling
Reading Lips
Disguise
Brewing

Languages
Common
Dwarfish
Elven
Chondathan

Equipment
Short Bow
Dagger
Sheaf Arrows x12
Quiver
Leather Armor
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Oh I've never liked class/level restrictions for races. But then, it wouldn't make much sense to have a dwarven mage. I think any sort of combination will do, so long as it isn't blatantly ridiculous.

And Horizons you really are a dream haha. Cheers for doing all that work for me ^^

Oh and as a sidenote, I won't be using the encumbrance system because I can't be arsed to keep track of all that. We will have to talk about slower movement rates and realism if someone climbs into plate mail or decides to carry thirty full waterskins in their backpack though.