2e game set in the Forgotten Realms, using the Doom of Daggerdale module

Moderator: NoTrammeling

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Doom of Daggerdale

Post by NoTrammeling »

I'm beginning to get the itch for DMing again. It'll be my first time back to it in a couple years, and certainly my first time here so I've selected a likely module named Doom of Daggerdale set in the Forgotten Realms. Would anyone be interested in stumbling along with me through some high fantasy adventure?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's 2e. We're looking at modest level ranges to begin with (1-3) but if things go well who knows where it'll end up.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: The Doom of Daggerdale

Post by JadedDM »

Character creation method?

Core only?

Any significant house rules?

In any case, sounds like fun. Count me in.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Well, I'm all ready apart of a lot of other games, so I might as well do this one too.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Yayy! ^^ You're both very welcome of course.

Character creation, well, 6x 4d6 drop the lowest has always been my favorite way so no need to deviate from the norm.
Core Only?

Well, I have many of the source books and have a decent grasp on the system (enough to know what is broken and what isn't at least) so I'm comfortable allowing non-core stuff.
Any significant house rules?
I use Death's Door, and I might just give crossbows a significant buff because I've always felt they're highly underpowered in 2e. That or nerf bows >:) possibly a reduction in bow attack rate to 3/2, allowing 2/1 with specialization. I may have to look through your stuff and blatantly pinch whatever looks nice.

Just a note on my DMing style for any other interested parties: You've probably seen one or two of my posts, that general feel will probably transfer over to the game. I try not to railroad, but since it's a Module that shouldn't even be a problem. I like to reward my players for out-thinking me or being clever (not to mention just plain-old quality RPing!), and likewise build-in penalties for walking right into blatant problems. You'll never walk into a dangerous situation without some sort of clue/warning being given beforehand (the quantity/manner of these warnings will have to be fine-tuned to the group of course so I'll probably err on the generous side at first).
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sounds good to me. Only problem is, I've no idea what to play!
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Stats

I haven't put it in any order yet, but those are the base numbers. I'll get back to you on how I want to arrange them, and all that fun stuff.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I, too, have rolled up ability scores.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

You two have done well for yourselves! Double sixteens each (and Horizons you've got a 15 to boot o_O), and here I am without even a forum or threads to put your nice things in.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Unfortunately, only Jenara can make new forums, and it's like past 2:30AM over there, so we'll just have to wait for now.

In the meantime, is there anything we should know in making our backgrounds? Like, do we need to be from a specific area (presumably Daggerdale, based on the module's name, I would guess)?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Also, what level are we going to be starting at?

Yeah, I'm playing a thief, by the way.

Money (4 x10= 40)

That is for starting money, assuming that we are starting at level 1.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

If my own experience with modules is anything to go by, starting level is usually dependent on how many players there are. The fewer players, the higher the level. The more players, the lower the level.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Your character can be from anywhere within reason, so long as your backstory makes sense. The module suggests 3-6 players with at least one being over 1st level. Since I can't rightly give one player more power then another I think if we have closer to 3 then everyone will be level 2, but if we get 5-6 then all will be level 1 to begin with.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

JadedDM wrote:Unfortunately, only Jenara can make new forums, and it's like past 2:30AM over there, so we'll just have to wait for now.
Actually any of the Four Sub-Admins can.... not just the Admins, (Me or Cole)

But yeah its a tricky process, one I should write down... Board will be up today.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Thanks Jen! ^^
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Here's a racial breakdown for Daggerdale, these would be the most common races if you plan on making a character from Daggerdale proper. I have a lot of background info and such too, but will wait to post that till there's a forum for it.

EDIT: Forgot to include racial breakdown XD

Humans 88%
Dwarves 5%
Half-orcs 3%
Gnomes 2%
Halflings 1%
Other 1%
Last edited by NoTrammeling on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.