Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

WotL OOC Thread

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: WotL OOC Thread

Post by BishGada »

TristenC wrote:Thanks, looking forward to my first game in years!
I know what you mean. I was trying to return to play ADnD for many years but couldn't find the time. Eventually I stumbled on this site and voila, that was the solution. At first I only read posts without participating. I wanted to know if it can be a reasonable replacement for meeting with the guys, eating junk food and rolling dices. It turned out to be a very good alternative/ Much easier to manage with real life responsibilities.

So I hope you will have at least the same fun I have playing with the team here. Obviously their role playing does the difference.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, so djhyland, with clerics I like to add to their granted powers a bit to help vary them so not all clerics operate the exact same way. I do this by letting the player choose a granted power based on their deity's domains.

Paladine's domains are Good, Law, Nobility, Protection, Sun. You can choose one, and that will be Arulia's additional granted power.

Good - When fighting any enemy of Evil alignment, you gain a +3 to hit. In addition, you gain a +1/per level to damage.
Law - You gain access to the Law sphere of spells from the Tome of Magic.
Nobility - Rally Allies, just like the bard ability, but you give an inspiring speech instead of playing a song.
Protection - Once per day, you can grant someone a saving throw bonus equal to your clerical level for an hour.
Sun - You can turn undead as if you were two levels higher than you actually are.

Which do you want Arulia to have?
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

I think that, based on Arulia's personality, the Protection domain is the best choice...although that +3 to hit evil beings for the Good domain is very tempting. Let's go with Protection, then!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Alright, her stat block has been updated.

Now then, since the current day is wrapping up, I was wondering if everyone could give me a rough idea of what they want their character to accomplish the next day, the 29th of Autumn Harvest. If I have an idea of what your character will try to do, I can better prepare for it.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae plans on finishing reading the book on Takahisis.
Haahqae will memorize detect magic for use of locating the cult.
He wants to deliver the message early in the day to get that out of the way.
He expects to spend most of the rest of it searching for or infiltrating the Belzorites.
Veni Vidi Vici
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick's plans/errands:
+pay special attention to goblins:
-where they are/aren't
-how they (occupation forces and civilian goblins) are received by the public
-how they interact with draconians (including how often)
+Try to find out more about the draconians and any abilities they have.
-what are the differences between Baaz and others?
+Do a little shopping
+ask about goblin-owned tavern (just to check it out), maybe look for other places with some goblin clientele
+find an Alchemist. Look for some little clay jars, too
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Well, I'm going to assume that Kendra is going to meet up with Arulia again. I do want Kendra to stop by Tublas' place, so he had better be home!

I think she should go ahead and check out her options on how to get information on the dragon army too. That means looking for jobs that they are opening up rather it be in the army or elsewhere. I think that is about all I got so far.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

If Tulbas has the pass he will go as he said to the cemetery and Darga vanishing place. He will also search around the brothel about midnight. then go and have 5-6 hours of decent sleep.
Otherwise he will go back home at do item 1 of next morning todo list.

The next day he will try to find Silvanesti contacts of his uncle (from letters and so on) I assume (hope) after Magnus murdered him Tulbas took his personal belongings.
He will probably have some conversation with Magnus and tell him they found noting yet.
He would like to search information about spells under the divination sector as it might help locate the Belzorites.
He will also join Haaque and Gregeddin passing the request of the Merchants.
Like Haaque he will also memorize more detect magic spells.
He will try to search with or without his companions the Vale. Sniff about poisonous snakes fans.

I guess Kendra has the best chance finding him in the morning. :)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: CH. 6: Nobody Expects the Occupation

Post by TristenC »

OOC: would I be right in assuming from the phb spell description that this means they are either very powerful (i.e. 9HD), or unnatural? Or does it just mean they are pretty much pure evil?
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

You can safely assume the red dragon is over 9 HD and pure evil.

But the draconians? There's no way for Grubnick to be sure. Their origins are a well kept secret at this point so it could be any of the three or some combination of them.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

... welll $#!t...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Just one more mystery for him to try and solve, I suppose. :lol:
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Yeah :) why do I suddenly feel like a chipmunk sticking his nose into a snake pit...
:P :(
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia plans to go and see Kendra in the morning. From there, I suppose that she'll go along with Kendra's plans to look for work.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Quickly, deliver message in morning. Feed back to merchants. Search old brothel at night. Hope forgeries were good. In channel tunnels on way to France.