Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 4: Temple of Baerin

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 4: Temple of Baerin

Post by JadedDM »

Echo steps into a massive chamber, too large for her to take in completely with her limited infravision. The room is, for the most part, rectangle shaped. To her left is large pieces of rubble. Looks like this place hasn't fully withstood the ravages of time. Directly before her is a raised, square dais with four staircases, one on each corner of the dais, leading up to it.

"Alright, let's secure this room before anything else," Argis says, holding his glowing blade in the air like a torch.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: CH. 4: Temple of Baerin

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks around the room carefully. "Keet, look around for traps or anything of that nature," she says. "Be careful," she adds.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Fanning out, the party explores the whole room. In the northwest corner is a large statue, at least seven feet tall, of a man holding a shield. The statue's face has been worn away, but it's clear it's a human male.

To the east, it's possible to walk around the worst of the rubble. A narrow passage way through the rock is found there, turning northward.

At the very center of the northern wall is a small enclosure. It holds three doors--one to the west, one to the east, and a double-door straight north. All are closed.

A thick blanket of dust covers just about everything, but Keet finds no traps and there is no sign of anything living in this area.

"Looks like this room is safe," Argis states when they are done. "And big. Could fit everyone in here. Might be a good place for the refugees to wait while we check out the rest of the place."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I would have to agree," Echo says with a nod.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Glad to hear it," Argis replies. "You can go and tell the others it's safe to enter then."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo walks back outside of the temple, and heads straight for the Pharise. "The first room looks big enough to hold everyone, and it is safe," she says.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Excellent," the pharise says. "Let's get these people inside."

Eventually, all of the pilgrims are herded into the room and they begin breaking out camp, setting up torches to illuminate everything, and setting up a guard. When that is done, the pharise meets with the paladins and clerics to discuss their next move.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo decides to join in on the meeting, but she only stands off to the side to just listen in at the moment.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo moves in to eavesdrop on the group.

"...dangerous to move forward together," says Argis.

"I agree. Impractical, too," the pharise answers. "The best solution is to leave one group here to watch over them, and send a smaller group to scout ahead."

"I volunteer to lead the scouting party," Hollidan offers.

"I'm more experienced," Argis argues. "I should go."

"That's all the more reason for you to stay and protect the pilgrims. We can't risk something happening to them again, like with the trolls," Hollidan argues.

"Very well, Hollidan. I suggest you choose your team wisely then," the pharise consents.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo takes a few steps back, now that she knows who is leading the scouting party. She approaches Hollidan once he is away from the rest of the group. "So who do you plan on taking with you?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan blinks, then shakes his head at Echo. "Eavesdropping again, are we? Well, I have a feeling you and your pet kobold are hoping to come along; am I right?" he asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo smiled lightly and gave a little shrug in answer to his eavesdropping question. "What can I say. I have good hearing," she states. "And you know we could be useful, especially Keet."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll have to take your word on the kobold being useful," Hollidan remarks. "Well, you two get your stuff together and make any preparations you need. We'll leave in an hour."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo tsks Hollidan, but nods as she runs off to find Keet and prepare whatever she needs for the trip. Though, considering that she thought she would be scouting further ahead with Agris, most of her stuff is all ready prepared and ready to go.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Echo and Keet return to Hollidan, they find him standing with none other than Gimog and Nuvain. "All ready to go?" the paladin asks.