Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Into the castle!

Post by Stik »

Christopher ponders the old priest's statement, momentarily at a loss, then says: "That might well be the case, Father, for I am far from home and among strangers. But you seem a decent fellow, and the young lady trusts you, so I shall as well.
"As for your farmers, if villains they are, then years from now the few that survive will have quite a tale to tell when they show off their scars. Just do me the kindness of passing on the bag of bones in my saddlebag to Saul, so that he may take them on to England for burial."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the village
Otto smiles a broad smile now, and claps Christopher on the shoulder. "Well spoken, young man. I still think it should better be you who gives the message to the Abbot, because your horse will surely be faster with you on his back than with anyone else. But I will not ask you to do anything against your judgement."
Then he points to the village square, where several curious young men gather. Volcker comes out, too. "You have found Erika?" hes asks, excited.

in the castle courtyard
After Christopher has left, Erika approaches Eloise and Thelma. "How come you're here?" she asks them. "Nobody would have let me go away from my work on an ordinary workday, and with a group of men, too."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh we just ignore them." She winks, "Well, its a long story, but my sister and I left our home, she's seen the world, and promised she'd show me.." Putting an arm around Erika and Thelma she moves them to one side, "I was helping at the inn, as I used to serve, but this is so much more fun."

"I didnt like fighting them." She says shuddering as she looks over at the captives, "That wasn't fun."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I shall consider your suggestion, Father. Perhaps you might convince one of your parishioners to lend Saul a horse, so that he may go and return quickly," Christopher returns to the saddle and rides toward the square.
"You men, pay heed. The young woman Erika, abducted from this village weeks ago, has been found. Her captors are under guard at the keep. I need several strong men to keep them under guard until such time as the Abbot can be contacted, and a decision made as to their disposition.
"Who among you will help see justice done?"

Christopher pointedly ignores Volker until after the others reply. When he can get Volker's ear alone, he says quietly: "We found her right where you left her. And had you gathered a few men and gone up there, or even sent them to look, you might have gotten her back yourself."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

in the village
All of the young men volunteer noisily, it is clear that they welcome a break in the heavy work of harvest. They exitedly talk and laugh among themselves, but Christopher can't understand much of their rapid dialectal speech. What he can make out are words like "virtuous cow" and "has been worked right."

Otto asks two of the young men to saddle his mule. "I think it is time I went to see Abbot Bernard, and I think I will only be back tomorrow" he declares. "Do you think this Saul freind of yours will be able to say the Complet and Laudes for me here in church?" he then asks Christopher. "You shouldn#t forget to bring some food up for them" he reminds the youg squire before parting.

Volcker looks angry after Christopher's words, but manages to reply with icy politeness. "You must be wrong, Sir, because you came from the Castle, and Erika was taken from me in the woods" he says. "And listen to them. They do not like her, so they wouldn't have followed a cripple to free her. Besides, I do not have the right to call them away from their work."

in the castle
Erika pulls away a little from the two girls. "You mean you're runaways?" she asks them with a frown in her voice. "But then you should hide, if you#re travelling in the open, someone might recognise you and bring you back for punishment"

[OOC:] Villagers are not allowed to leave the grounds of their direct lord without permission, and that rule is often enforced brutally (depending on the character of said lord). if they manage to escape to a city, they are free after a year and a day if their lord or a representative don't find them. In principle, the cities should keep tab on their citizens as well, but in general, the city councils don't mind the poorer people going away, because that means less alms to give. Towns don't offer the protection of cities, but generally, the craftspeole and even farmers living there are free people who can go anywehere where they can make a living. [/OOC]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Runaways? No.." Eloise shakes her head, "I do suppose the idea of two girls being free to wander is a little strange, but there wasn't much work, the inn was losing money and I needed to survive, so Thelma and I came here.. Im no adventurer, just a young girl who is used to finding her way out of places. " She giggles, her age apparent all over her features.

"I don't get why no one came looking for you. " She adds, quickly changing the subject, "Surely they would try."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Erka hangs her head. "People don't like me. Or rather, my stepmother doesn't like me. And almost nobody does something that displeases her. Sometimes i think she's a witch" she says with tears in her eyes. "Only Volcker liked me, and they made sure he can't do anything."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well, stick with us. No one can hurt you if you won't let them." She grins, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I doubt she is a witch, just out spoken." Eloise bounces and keeps turning to look at the keep. "Well I'm going to explore, do you fancy looking around?" She grins, ignoring her grumpy sister.

"Volker seemed nice, it's a shame no one could heal him.."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Erika shakes her head. "i don't think we should go exploring alone. tell me what you have found so far, where have you been?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Shes a kid remember)

"Well... I was sort of paying attention finding you. We found a REALLY heavy chest, a weird looking bridge and in climbed through a few windows." she blushes, "I suppose my attention was on finding you, not looking around."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Which way have you come in?" Erika asks.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Dale sticks with the group and lets the young women move off together for some privacy while he stays close to the older sister.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I slipped through one of the windows of that building over there. I guess being tiny has its uses." She grins widely.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Erika shakes her head. "No, I meant how did you get into the castle at all?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ohhh." She shrugs, "Well the door was barred and all the men just stood around and so I lifted the bar and slipped in through the gates to the outer courtyard.. from there the doors were locked." She points to the portcullis. "I slipped up the wall and found my way into the courtyard.."

"Kittens, Thelma we can't forget the kittens!" She jumps up excitedly. "We have to get them. Do you like kittens Erika?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi