Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Into the castle!

Post by Stik »

Christopher favors the young woman with a smile. "That is why I asked for everyone to be here. Is there anyone else you would recommend I bring?"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"The problem is that almost everyone will be out at the harvest" Erika says thoughtfully. "I think you should talk to Father Otto first. He is too old to work in the fields, so he will be at home, and he has the authoritiy to call someone back early so they can come here. It would be a good thing to have Klaus and Peter here, they are stable hands at the inn, and perhaps Michael and Armin, the sons of the carpenter and the smith. Michael could bring a stretcher, I think they have something like this at the carpenter's."

At this moment, Matthias ambles over from the rose and herbal garden. "Oh hello, have you succeeded in finding the lost girl?" he asks, seeing Erika.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Good news, Matthias: we have."

"If we can get the villagers out here, I do not see the need to move Georg. I shall visit Fr. Otto first, ask him to collect the rest, and return immediately. I shall not be gone long, God willing.
"Now, Erika, I would gladly bring you back to the village with me on this trip, but it will carry more weight for the folk to see you in situ. When they arrive, you must be strong and tell the truth as you told it to us, regardless of who is here, or what they say or do. I will see to it that you are heard. Will you do that for us?" Christopher's tone is easy and encouraging, but his mind is awhirl. Foremost in his mind are thoughts of whether there is some plot afoot, but not far behind that is the realization that Erika did not mention her betrothed among the list of people to bring back.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Eloise keeps her distance, the grown ups were dealing with it now.. Sitting in the courtyard she makes sure her dagger is sheaved and sits crosslegged in the grass.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Erika's face twists a little from conflicting emotions as Christopher speaks and she thinks. Then she asks, in an unsure voice: "I don't know what inseeto means, Sir. But I can tell everybody what happened. But Sir, the people I told you about are not important people in the village. You asked for strong men to guard the prisoners, and I told you the names of those I trust."

"I can watch over the injured ones, see that they remain useful" Matthias offers. "Am I allowed to ease their pain?"

There isn't much grass in the courtlard, it's bedrock and pavement, but Eloise finds a comfotable spot for herself.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Eloise sits crosslegged in the courtyard quietly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Keep that one alive, if you can. I shall return very shortly."

Christopher mounts up, then says: "Saul, keep an eye on things, will you?" before riding back to Otto's cottage.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Christopher takes his leave from the group and makes his way into the outer courtyard, where his mount waits for him patiently. it only moved a few paces towards the small strem that crosses the yard, probably it had been thirsty.

Down in the village, he finds Father Otto in the garden of his cottage, below a plum tree, squinting up at the fruit that hang there, lustring pruple. "Ah, young man, you come in handy" he greets Christopher. "I am no longer tall enough to reach even the lowest fruit"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Christopher plucks the fruit down from the branch from horseback and dismounts to hand it to the priest. "Father, I come bearing good news. The young woman, Erica, is found and rescued. Her abductors have been captured and as we speak are confined under guard at the keep, but two of them are injured, one badly, so I lack the resources to transport them here.
"I would have you gather a group of men to do so. Men who can be trusted. The young lady gave me a few suggestions for who to bring.
"We should also send word to the Abbot, if he is the legal authority here."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Guess we wait then..." Eloise glances over at Erica, "Fancy taking a look at the rest of the keep?" She asks with a sly grin.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Dale tells Eloise with a little humor in his voice. "Stay safe, young one."

*Thelma is not far off.*
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Otto's eyes brighten as he hears Christopher's news. "That is nice to hear, very nice indeed" he says. "But if you have the men confined in the castle, we'd better send up a guard instead of bringing them down here. There is no secure room in the village. So who did Erika say we should call off harvest duty early to help you?"
After they agree on a few names, and Otto sends village girls to fetch the men from the fields, he adds: "And as for a messenger to the Abbot, I think it should be you. I'm sure your horse would enjoy to stretch its legs. Join me for a mug of beer and a share of the fruit you picked while i write a letter to the Abbot explaining things."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I always do.. don't I Sis?" She responds with a grin.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I am concerned, Father, that these men might be in working for others. In my experience, when an offence is committed, there is usually someone profiting from it, at one step above the offenders. I would not have a bunch of untrained farmboys on hand should armed men show up looking for the overdue product. I am reluctant to even tarry here any longer than necessary. My sword and I ought to be back at the keep.
"Perhaps my friend Saul might be a better messenger. At least he would be more likely to be received by the Abbot, being a churchman himself."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

A grin spreads across the old priest's face. "How can you be sure that it is not me who is behind the whole affair, and the men I just sent for will overpower you?"