Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Into the castle!

Post by Stik »

After pondering the situation for a long time, Christopher decides that bold action is required. After making sure the prisoners are secure he walks to the courtyard and returns with the axe that was left there.

"You. Come forward," he says, addressing the largest of the men. "Come out here.
"We have recovered the young woman we came for, and are leaving to take her home. But we have a problem. If we leave you here we might not make it before you all die of thirst, which would be unfortunate. Thus we are forced to take you with us.
Now a clever knave might see that as an opportunity to escape, or do us harm, so I need to know I can trust you. But how?

Christopher drops the axe between himself and the other man.

This is the best chance you shall get. Pick up that axe, and if you can get past me, you’re home free. Or leave it down and swear on your life and in God’s name to come along peaceably. That is your parole. Come along quietly or die fighting here.

He draws his sword for emphasis and stands at the ready, glaring at the man, his face set in the mask of a hardened crusader, and watching not the man's eyes but his shoulders, for if he is going to grab for the axe, the shoulder will drop first.

[OOC] If the man goes for the axe, Christopher will hit him, not with his sword but with his shield. Bending to pick up the axe should put his head in the perfect position for a shield bash. [/OOC]
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The old man starts to scream: "Kill him, kill him! He will get us hanged if you don't!" and goes on cursing. Some of his words are insults to Christopher, the rest of the party, the people at the village. it all sounds quite mad.

The young man Christopher had challenged looks at the old man, then at Christopher and the others. "The penalty for illegal brewing is not death, or is it?" he asks in a voice that is barely audible over the screams of the old man.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm sure they won't be impressed, but really you think they will kill you?" Eloise shakes her head. "Your friend her sounds... mad. So would you be if you were beaten up by a girl."

Eying the axe, she puts her hand on her dagger.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I doubt anyone will get hanged for making beer."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The young man dropos to his knees and holds up his hands to Christopher, pleadingly.
"Then I give myself into your mercy. I'd rather be your prisoner than continue being his... slave" he says with a jerk of his head towards the old man.
The other conscious prisoners, too, get to their knees, pleading to Christopher and Saul. "Heve mercy, Father" says the one closest to Saul.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Go with Christopher." Eloise grins, "And what of you? I'm not really one for killing, we could always leave you here."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Dale backs up Eloise with a stern look towards the man.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] This is one of those awkward moments. Christopher would insist on hearing the men swear in the name of God that they will obey and comply, but I wouldn't want to push the issue here, for fear of offending anyone's religious beliefs.
I'd really be fine with the actual oaths taking place "off camera" do to speak...[/OOC]

"Give me your oath before God to obey, and live to that oath and I will spare you now."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I swear to God the Almighty, and in witness of a man of God", the man gestures to Saul, "that I will obey you" the man says in an earnest voice over the holing rage of the old man.
The other captured men look on with an anxious expression, with the old man's screams, they can't hear what is being said.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Rise, then," Christopher says. "The young woman is under my protection. You are not to venture near her, or speak to her, or your life is forfeit.
"Your oath binds your heart, but we will bind your hands as well, to be sure of you should your will falter.
"The rest of you, come out, one at a time, and I will have your oaths. And you, old man, you will cease your bleating, or I will silence you forever."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Sir, what will become of my brother Gerhard whose leg is injured, and of my cousin Georg who is close to dying?" the young man asks timidly when Christopher is passing him on his way to silence Gisbert, who continues screaming incoherently, rolling his eyes..
Georg is lying there, deeply unconscious, but still breathing, with Gerhard sitting beside him, visibly in pain from his broken leg and a bruised and swollen hand.

(OOC: I had to re-read it myself: One of the attackers is grievously wounded and will die if not cared for, and one has a broken leg. Two are unshurt. There is no rope to bind anything. Also, the men can be guarded here easily by guarding the trapdoor. With his horse, Christopher could get to the Abbey in about an hour. It's about four hours until nightfall. The men have access to plenty of water since the well stream is running through the building, separated from the room they're in by a low wall.)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Nuts! Forgot about the leg. I was counting on the other three to carry the badly wounded one. Thr broken leg puts us down two, because hr can't carry plus ee need someone to help him.
Ideas, anyone? [OOC]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Christopher has to ride to the Abbey, Eloise will accompany him, while the others guard them.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC]There's rope aplenty if one knows where to look for it. There was a rope leading down to Erika's cell. If that is not enough, one or two of the ropes holding up the grain swings might be cut and unraveled into thinner cords to bind prisoners. :) [OOC]

"We will summon a healer for Gerhard, if he gives his oath. And we will see what may be done for Georg, though I have little hope for him. I had hoped to move him to the village, but that does not look possible in his current condition.
"Return to your cell, and keep your uncle quiet. I wish to confer with my companions."

Christopher will gather the others outside. "If we move Georg, he will die. I really have no objection to that, but I am sure someone here wants him spared.
"We are ill-equipped to handle prisoners. We shall need the support of the townsfolk.
"If nobody objects, I shall ride into town and bring a group back up here. Certainly Yolanda should be there, and the parish priest. Who else?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"If I may give my opinion, Sir" Erika says with a look at Christopher, then continues "I think it might be better to keep Yolanda out. I'm not sure she is not part of the plot, in the months before I was taken, it seemed to me she wanted to get rid of me. And she didn#t like Volcker, because he said his father was wrong in being so besotted with her."