Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

War of the Lance

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

War of the Lance

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, so I wasn't actually planning on doing any recruiting for another couple of weeks--I still have a lot of work left to do. But since Breila has shown an interest, I'm going to open up this thread and move her post here.

The basic pitch is a 2E sandbox game set during the War of the Lance, in the city of Haven. This game doesn't follow the story of the Heroes of the Lance, although the events of the war plays a big role in the game itself (Haven is currently brimming over with refugees from the north; over 10,000, in fact, just as an example).

As I said, I don't plan to officially start recruiting for this game until later this month--and most of the recruiting I do will be off-site (trying to bolster Planet's population, if all possible, and bring in some new players). However, if current residents wish to apply, here's the place to do it.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: War of the Lance

Post by Breila »

I'm considering playing a young seeker. Can half-elves (grown up in town) be seekers in this setting?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Half-elves are definitely playable. And can certainly be Seekers.

Wait, do you mean a follower of the Seeker faith? Or like an actual Seeker priest, like Elistan? Either is possible, yes.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Part of me wants to suggest the original Jenara, Silvanesti fighter / mage. So a "dark elf" more because she wears the red robes...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TheMightyQuinn

Post by TheMightyQuinn »

Alright! I think I got this to work.

I'll post interest for now and pull out all my 2nd edition books to see what jumps out at me.
I'll post my rolls from the Giant board here, for good measure as well.

I'm not sure where I'm going to put the 4, but it'll be interesting. A kender with no hand eye coordination? Possibly.
A sociopathic (simply doesn't feel) half ogre? Perhaps.

Gods help us all. :D
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, and you're in TheMightyQuinn. You should be able to post in the War of the Lance forum now.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

If you're still looking for players, I'd love to join this game. If you'll have me, I'd consider playing a gully dwarf thief--kind of a Mad Max-style survivor looking for a better life.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sure, I've added you to the forum, so you should be able to post there now. Just curious, but how did you hear of this game? Just a random passerby or did you learn about it elsewhere?

You can roll up your character in the OOC thread.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

I caught a link over from Dragonsfoot, from a thread asking for similar forums to that one. Finding a play-by-post board here was a nice surprise, I've been looking for an old-school play by post game for a while. Finding a Dragonlance game was icing on the cake!

I'll head over to the OOC thread and make my character tonight!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Jaded is a great DM! You'll have a great time.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi