Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by JadedDM »

The ship's sails fill with wind as it departs the Narin harbor and begins to move northward. Seagulls above squawk as the ship moves on, as if saying good-bye. It's a hot and sunny day, but the cool sea breeze helps make up for it.

The four women--Val still dripping wet from her refreshing swim--stand on the main deck, having been summoned by Vincent.

"Alright," he begins, "these orders are from the captain. "The mage will be Thaddeus' yeoman," he states, nodding to Ouragana. "The half-orc," he continues, his left eye twitching slightly, "is going to with training the marines. You'll want to report to Battlemaster Riddlemark; he's on the bombard deck."

He then turns toward Areilon and Jocelyn. "The elf will be on rigging duty today. Hope you aren't afraid of heights," he comments. "And the cleric will be on galley duty with the other one. You'll find the cook down there waiting for you."

Vincent starts to turn away, then stops and turns back. "Oh, yeah. One more thing. Captain's requested your presence tonight in her cabin for dinner. Says she wants to hear about your adventures and such. So you got that to look forward to. Dismissed!"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I hope you are all prepared for some really bad food," Jocelyn says as she turns and makes her way to the galley to join Noah.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana nods back at Vincent with a "Yessir" and proceeds straight to knock at Thaddeus's door. Admitted, she'll enter smiling and tell him: "The captain has appointed me your yeoman. Do you need me for anything right now, or should I report back later?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I belong on the sea. The rigging is my second home." She says confidently making sure Telsa was secure. "Interesting, I wonder what she will make of our... Adventures."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn arrives at the galley, a long and slender hall with several long tables and numerous chairs around them; the former are bolted into the floor. Nobody is here to eat now, though as everyone is on duty. This means the only two people present are Noah and the cook.

Noah sits in a corner, two pails before him. One is filled to the brim with unpeeled potatoes, the other has a couple of peeled ones in it. Knife in hand, he takes a potato out of the first pail, peels it, and then places it in the second one. There is much sighing in between, as well.

There is also a female dwarf there wearing a leather apron and holding a cleaver in one hand. She stands at a counter, chopping something up. She turns toward Jocelyn when she approaches, arching a brow. She has dark skin, brown hair and green eyes. "You're the other one?" she asks, gesturing to Jocelyn with the cleaver. "I'm Killia, the cook. Hope you aren't a complainer like that one," she adds, gesturing to Noah.
Killia.jpg
Killia.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 11932 times
==================

Thaddeus finishes putting away some scrolls and considers what Ouragana has said. "Actually, there is something I could use your help on. A small project the captain gave me." He opens a drawer and pulls out a small cloth satchel. Closing the drawer, he beckons her over. "The captain and first mate found this on their last adventure. They want me to study it." He opens the satchel and removes a strange object, seemingly made of gold. It's orb shaped but appears to have interlocking parts and small insignias engraved all over it.
Artifact.jpg
Artifact.jpg (87.06 KiB) Viewed 11932 times
===================

Vincent shrugs at Areilon. "Got a feeling whatever stories you got won't beat what the captain has." He then walks off to his own duties.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana looks at the object with interest. "A very unusual piece" she concedes. "Have you been able to check if it's magical?"
She holds out her hand, and if Thaddeus gives her the artifact, she will examine it closely. "I have heard that there are mind-teasers like this, you can open them, but it's hard to find out how."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes I expect so." Arei replies with a shrug, she would keep her own stories to herself, moving to main mast she gets herself accustomed to the vessel.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus' Quarters

Thaddeus hands Ouragana the object. "It does hold a magical aura to it, although I wasn't able to identify the type of magic embedded in it," he admits. "Furthermore, all additional divinations have proven unhelpful. Even the ship's chaplain has been unable to discover anything about it." He leans against his desk, crossing his arms. "It had been found in a harpy's nest that the captain and first mate cleaned out."

The Rigging

Areilon climbs up the rigging, getting accustomed to it. Now and again, someone shouts an order to make an adjustment, and she does so.

As she works, she spots a half-elf in the crow's nest, sometimes calling things out to those down below. He has short brown hair, a small soul-patch on his chin, and green eyes. At one point, he looks at her and nods and smiles.
Attachments
Half-Elf.jpg
Half-Elf.jpg (105.95 KiB) Viewed 11921 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Nodding back Arei focuses on the rigging, trying to keep her head down, if the opportunity arises then she goes up towards him.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn glances over to Noah for a moment, and smiles in amusement before she turns back to the Killia "I don't plan on complaining," she said. "I'm Jocelyn."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Harpies" Ouragana shudders. "Evil beasts. The captain and first mate must be very courageous and clever to have defeated them. So this is likely to have belonged to one of their victims"
She continues to examine the object, trying to find a piece that could come out first do disassemble the tangle. feeling with her fingers as well (maybe the magic just serves to conceal the gap).

Intelligence check: 1d20=9, pass
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The Rigging

Areilon continues to work, subtly making her way over to the crow's nest.

The Galley

"Good," Killia says. She thrusts a bucket of potatoes and a small knife into Jocelyn's hands. "Best get started then; we have a lot to do before dinner tonight. Let me know when you're finished with those."

Thaddeus' Cabin

Ouragana fiddles around with the orb at random. Surprisingly, she must do something right, because one of the pieces moves slightly and this causes other parts to start to move, as well. The changes reveal three small holes in the orb, all lined up with each other. "Wait, what did you just do?" Thaddeus says, standing up straight when this happens.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I tried to see what could be moved, but honestly, I'm not sure I could do it again" Ouragana says with a smile and hands the orb carefully back to Thaddeus so that it keeps its new shape.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Climbing up to the crows nest Arei gives a smirk, "I'm Areilion, I'm new."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks down at the potatoes, and knife. She gives a small nod to the cook, and moves to sit down beside Noah to start her work. "A pair of fine clerics we make," she says with a small smile.