Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by JadedDM »

The Rigging

"I'm just a sailor," Javos says with a shrug. "I happen to get crow's nest duty today, that's all. But it's a great honor to dine with the captain. I am sure you'll have a good time."

The Bombard Deck

"Let's get started then," Riddlemark states. "The marines have already been assembled; just follow my lead."

Thaddeus' Quarters

"You've served on other vessels before then?" Thaddeus asks. "Curious then, why did you not stay with any of them?"

The Galley

"That's true," Noah agrees. "But you also wanted to wipe out an entire people on that island." He shakes his head as he finishes another potato. "I suppose things will be settled for sure when we get back to Serenity City."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Most of the voyages I did were training sessions with the Academy" Ouragana explains, blushing a little. "I guess I took a few more than absolutely necessary, I love the sea so much!" she hastens to add. "Then I was hired on a trading vessel, but they dumped me here when the Captain met a more experienced sorcerer in a tavern. Perhaps he charmed her" she says in a dark voice. "I had to find other ways of providing bread on the table and a place to sleep. It wasn't easy on that island, so I am very grateful for the opportunity I have here."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yes, but the people on that island were evil," Jocelyn points out. "And I was only defending myself if I did kill someone, which I'm pretty sure I didn't," she adds with a furrow of her brow as she thinks back on the whole island thing. "And, we didn't even kill the murderer on Narin, even though he was clearly insane. Someone else did that."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I hope she likes me." Arei grins. "I hope we get to work together again."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus' Quarters

"Well," Thaddeus says, "perhaps now your luck has turned around. In any case, let us resume work now on the artifact. I think I am close to opening it; and I'd like to have something favorable to report to the captain in the morning."

The Galley

Noah sighs. "You see? You still don't get it. Good or evil, it is not our place to judge who should die." He shakes his head. "If you don't come to grasp that; one of the basic precepts of the church, I don't know how far you'll get."

The Rigging

Javos nods and grins. "As do I. Well, in any case, we best get back to work now before the captain spots us talking and you give a bad impression on your first day."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I will gladly help you" Ouragana says and sits at the table, observing Thaddeus's progress and making suggestions now and then, showing what she means if he gives the artifact to her.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes let's." With that Arei vaults over the rail and grabs a rope to pull herself along the yard, checking the sail, before making her way back down the mast.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn lets out a sigh as she tosses another peeled potato in with the others. "So then, what about love?" she asks. "What am I suppose to do about that? How am I suppose to express something that I'm not really sure I've ever felt before?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Love isn't something you are taught, Jocelyn; it's an innate part of all people," Noah says. "It's something you have to figure out on your own, but the first step is opening your heart to other people. As long as you hold everyone at a distance, you'll never know love."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn wrinkles her nose at Noah as she continues to peel potatoes. "Right. Easier than it sounds."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The rest of their shift passes without much incident. Jocelyn and Noah continue peeling potatoes and preparing dinner; Areilon works up in the rigging; Val helps train the marines, and Ouragana assists Thaddeus.

After six hours, the girls are done with their work. They have the rest of the night off as the night crew starts to take over; although they are still expected at the captain's cabin for dinner soon.

===========

It is now 6:00 PM.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana looks out of the porthole. Seeing that sunset is near, she says: "I'm sorry to leave you, Thaddeus, but my friends and I are expected at the Captain's dinner table."
She goes down to her bunk, checks if she has to do anything about her appearance, and waits for the others.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Checking her things are where she left them, Arei takes a few moments to wash herself up, checks her hair and then heads to the captains quarters, Telsa at her side.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn spent most of her free time deep in thought about her conversation with Noah. She was trying to wrap her head around the three virtues, and she knew she was having a hard time with at least two of them. Though, when the time came for dinner, she got up, fixed up her appearance, and heads up to the captain's quarters.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ouragana departs, leaving Thaddeus to continue his research. She returns to the crew's quarters and finds that her things have been untouched. She does what she can for her appearance, which is difficult without a mirror, but as she spent the day in a nice cabin, doing research and going through books, there isn't much to fix at this time.

Areilon does likewise, but she does have a mirror--and a tortoise-shell brush and so spends some time brushing her hair. She also finds a small basin to wash the sweat off her face before heading up to see the captain.

Jocelyn also heads down, does what she can--having neither brush nor mirror--and then joins the others.

Vincent stands outside of the captain's door. "Ah, there you are. Go on in," he says, stepping aside. "Whoa there, except you," he states, holding up a hand to stop Areilon. "Just where do you think you're going with a weapon?" he says, looking down at the sabre on her belt, brazenly displayed for all to see. "Captain invites you to have dinner, and you bring a weapon? Hand it over," he insists.