Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by Jenara »

"Yes, its me. The fight is over but at a great cost, the Leader escaped on the last dragon." The Elf says kindly, as Jocelyn kneels before her. "Thank you. That is more than I asked for, I feel much better."

Offering the Half Orc a hand she gives a smile. "Come, lets go and get told off."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't think they are going to yell at us," Jocelyn says as she helps Val to stand. "They made some mistakes here, too. They lost a lot of their crew by wanting to board, so they are probably kicking themselves for that."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus tilts his head. "I hadn't even thought of that, to be honest," he admits. Ouragana finds some spare parchment and a charcoal pencil, and quickly sketches out the image being emitted from the device as a backup, should it ever cease projecting.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"True, still I have to admit I was pretty reckless.. That Captain could have killed me easily, even with the wound I gave him to his arm." Turning to the Captains quarters she grins. "Sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do..."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When she has finished sketching, Ouragana lays down the charcoal stick and explains: "I need to go, the Captain is expecting me, should I come back when I can?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thaddeus thanks Ouragana for her assistance and agrees to let her return when she is finished speaking with the captain.

She arrives at the captain's quarters at about the same time Jocelyn, Areilon and Val do. The four enter to find Sierra at her desk, which has been cleared off almost completely.

The captain stands up, putting her hands behind her back. "I'll make this quick, especially for Val's sake, as she looks like she could use some rest." She does a double-take of the half-orc, then adds, "I think there's a tooth still stuck in your armor there." Sure enough, there is a dragon tooth embedded in her armor, about the size of a small knife.

"Anyway," she continues, "I can see easily now how the lot of you got kicked out of Narin, with the reckless behavior, disregard for protocol, disobedience, and outright insubordination." She pauses here and rubs her chin. "Kind of reminds me of my sister and me, when we were starting out."

Shaking her head, she goes on. "Well, regardless, you lot stopped the dragon from crippling the ship, and I owe you for that. So I decided to up your payment a bit to compensate." She then pulls out a small chest from under her desk, sets it on the desk, then pops it open. Inside are four ingots of gold. Areilon immediately recognizes that each one is worth at least 500 gold pieces.

=============

Areilon makes an Appraising check [13] (1d20): 9, pass.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I speak only for myself when I say I was simply protecting the ship and her crew. Your generousity is... astounding, I thank you... due to the value of this, which must be five hundred gold.. would you be able to hold on to it? Until we make port?" Arei asks tentatively, "I am glad the dragons were driven off.. although that Captain will be back. I tried to stop him, but he was too strong for me." Bowing she frowns, holding on tight to Val.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"As much as I appreciate your generosity, Captain" Ouragana says with a bow, "I think Arei is right, let us wait with rewards until we get to port. Who knows what else lies in store for us. I do not yet feel I have earned that much , to be honest. It is a different matter for Val, who has lost a very valuable item in the fight, however. I would gladly give her some of my share."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val walks carefully to the captains quarters, not wanting to takes a fall. During the trip she asks, "How is Mist, is she ok?"

As Sierra pulls the tooth out and examines it, the half-orc holds her hand out, wanting the token for herself.

She listens to the talk, gauging the response to the offer. She thinks the Caravel might just be a better option than gold.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I think your whale is okay, Val," Jocelyn says as she eyes the ingots. "Thank you," she says simply.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Suit yourselves," Sierra says, closing the chest. "I suppose it would be a bad idea for you to just stick these under your cots. Anyway, don't worry about generosity--there was quite a pile of these on the caravel we took. I guess those orcs have been raiding towns for awhile now. No wonder they felt confident enough to try and take us on. In any case, feel free to take the rest of the day off. You've earned it."

========

(OOC: Sierra never took out the tooth, just pointed it out. Val is free to remove it herself from her armor whenever she likes. Should make a nice souvenir.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you" Oragana says with a bow and a smile. "However, what I would most like to do is helping Thaddeus in sorting out the artifact you found in the harpies' nest, so I'll do that. It is projecting a map annotated in Eonian script. I have copied the map to keep it safe, and Thaddeus is working on the script. Would you like to see it?" The last question is addressed to Terra and Sierra.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thats what I thought too, as trustworthy as your crew are, the lure of that much gold would turn anyone's head." Giving Vals shoulder a squeeze she nods giving her a half cocked grin. "Mist saved us both really, please thank her for me, or perhaps I could join you in the water to do that myself?"

"Perhaps now you might explain this artifact? Is it the reason for the extra aid?" she asks the sisters, "Is it dangerous? Oh and thank you for the offer.. I dont suppose there is a bath on board?" she asks with a amused wink.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thank you," Jocelyn says once again. "When are we expected to make port?" she asks curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sierra accepts the map and looks it over. "Interesting...I have no idea where this place is." She rolls it back up and hands it to Ouragana. "Well, it should give him something to keep busy with for awhile, at any rate.

She shrugs at Areilon. "Ouragana seems to know more about it than I do. Just some trinket we picked up when we fought the harpies awhile back. Thaddeus said it was magical and wanted to study it, and that was the last I had heard about it until recently. It has nothing to do at all with our cargo or this expedition." She raises a brow at the elf. "Of course there are no baths on here. This isn't a luxury cruise."

To Jocelyn, she says, "Just a couple more days, barring any more interruptions."

==========

(OOC: Terra is not present; she's over on the caravel. Only Sierra is there.)