Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by Jenara »

"I dont think so!" She shouts back in Orcish, shooting up and then back down she flies below the deck level, getting out of the creatures vision.

[Didn't make myself clear, he wasn't my target, otherwise I would have done exactly that, now I know what he can do...]
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Areilon quickly flees from the scene, her legs still burning from the acid. As she was wearing a skirt, instead of pants, her bare legs were exposed. On the bright side, had she been wearing pants, they'd be ruined now.

By now, the entire orc crew has been wiped out to the man, save the captain. Realizing this, the captain snarls, then runs to the edge of the ship. "This will not be forgotten!" he cries in Common, before giving a shrill whistle. Suddenly, the wounded dragon from before bursts from the sea. The captain leaps on its back, and it quickly re-submerges, vanishing into the briny deep.

The battle, it seems, is over. "Let's get a casualty report," Sierra says. "And search the entire ship; make sure it's clear, and find out what they were carrying." The crew obeys, counting out the bodies of the fallen and searching the caravel top to bottom.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei stays on the Caravel, landing on the deck with a soft thud.. she helps with the search.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana turns to Terra, Sierra and Thaddeus. "Should I go to the caravel and look for things that could be magical while Thaddeus sees if the artifact is still projecting its script?" she asks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Very well," Sierra says. Thaddeus returns to his cabin while Ouragana and Areilon go help search the caravel. Jocelyn and Noah deal with the many wounded.

Searching the ship takes a couple of hours, during which both the flight potion and Protection from Evil spell on Areilon fade.

After the search, everyone reports back to the captain, and Terra gives the report. "Quite a bit of loot, and 50 slaves down in the hold; they've agreed to help us sail the ships to the nearest port in exchange for their freedom."

"That's good," Sierra says. "How many men did we lose?"

Terra shakes her head. "Over a hundred and thirty."

"By the gods," Sierra mutters. "Hardly worth it." She puts a hand to her forehead. "Alright, Terra, you take command of the caravel. And you three," she says, looking to Areilon, Ouragana and Jocelyn, "if you can get Val on her feet, I want the four of you to report to my quarters within the hour."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Aye Captain." Arei nods, and turns to collect Val.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Aye, Capatin" Ouragana acknowledges as well, and follows Arei. When they pass Thaddeus's door, Ouragana asks: "Arei, do you mind rousing Val alone? I would like to see if Thaddeus has found out what this artifact means."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei nods, "Of course, perhaps Jocelyn can ease her pain somewhat." Giving the Cleric a smile she rubs her legs, "That damn orc could breathe acid. And thank you for your aid."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana knocks at Thaddeus's door and asks. "It's Ouragana, may I enter?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I guess he picked up a few things from his pet dragons," Jocelyn says to Arei, as she heads down below to check on Val.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Areilon and Jocelyn find Val where they left her, still on her cot.

Meanwhile, Ouragana is given permission to enter Thaddeus' chambers and does so. She finds him looking over the artifact. It sits on his desk now, still projecting the holographic image above it. "Well, it's definitely a map," he says, looking over his shoulder briefly at her, before returning to his book. He has several of them out, some are on the floor open to specific pages. "I don't know where it leads or to what, though. It will take days to decipher this script. I'm hoping they're coordinates, but I can't be sure at this point."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Ouragana asks. "Like copying that map on a piece of parchment or paper?" She looks around to see if there is anything that could be used to place the artifact on, so that the projection strikes the paper/parchment and the tracings can be copied easily.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Or they breed with them." Arei comments in disgust. "He'll be back you know, he isn't going to just forget this.. I think I tore a something in this arm."

"Val..?" She asks softly, "The captain wants to see us in her quarters, probably to chew me and you out for taking risks." Grinning she kneels down, pulling off her skirt, "You don't have any suggestions for these do you?" She turns to joyceln, showing her bare acid burnt legs... "A salve or something?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Arei, is that you? Is it over?" Val slowly opens her eyes and tries to sit up. "Is everyone ok?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn kneels down and places her hands upon Arei's burns before she begins to pray to Octhanus for the power to heal.

Once she is done, she stands back up and looks at Val. "How are you feeling" she asks. "I wish there was more I could do for you at the moment, but right now rest is the only thing that will help."

Cure Light Wounds (7)