Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 7: Voyage of the Bullring

Post by Jenara »

"Sorry, force of habit.. I barely take it off " unbuckling the blade she stands with it in her hands. "Go in without me, I will just place this below."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Areilon returns to the crew quarters to leave her sword there, the other two enter the cabin.

The captain's cabin is quite large, being around 20 x 30 feet in size. There's a nice, large window on the back wall, revealing a view of the ship's wake.

In the center of the room, a table (large enough for six people) has been set up. It has a nice white tablecloth, and plates and glasses, as well as silverware, have been set out for each chair.

The room is decorated with a number of trophies, likely from past adventures. Among them include a stuffed minotaur head mounted on the wall, a large egg (roughly the size of a human head), and some kind of ceremonial urn (encrusted with gems). There are also several pieces of jewelry and other valuables on display.

Sierra is already sitting at the head of the table leisurely, and she nods to the women as they enter. Terra is over by what appears to be a liquor cabinet, and is pouring herself a glass. She turns to the women and smiles. "So, how was your first day?" she asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei returns when she has placed her blade back by her bunk, she takes a look for Val at the same time.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Quite pleasant, thank you" Ouragana answers. "Thaddeus and I have been working on an artefact you recovered. and it seems we have made some progress, Ma'am."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val follows the lead, moving toward the assembled group. "Yes Sir" comes out a bit hesitant, like she is not used to saying it.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, you know how exciting peeling potatoes can be," Jocelyn said sarcastically, but she wasn't meaning to offend anyone. She wasn't going to mention the conversation she had with Noah. "Where did find an egg like that?" she asks curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After dropping her sword off, Areilon heads to the bombard deck and finds Val having just finished helping Riddlemark train the marines for combat.

Meanwhile, back in the cabin, Sierra nods to Ouragana. "Good, glad to hear it. There's a lot of speculation among the crew on what that thing is, exactly. Some think it's a weapon; others think it's just a useless but pretty trinket. Either way, it'll be good to get some answers."

Terra finishes pouring her drink and sits down at Sierra's side. She says to Jocelyn, "I'm sure it will prove to be worth it, once dinner arrives. Which hopefully will be soon. Anyway, like the egg? It's a harpy egg we picked up on one of our recent adventures. Damned things are a nuisance, even with your ears plugged."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Excuse me. Val has a dinner invite from the captain." Arei says as she enters the deck, "Could I steal her please?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You got your hands on a harpy egg?" Jocelyn asks in surprise. "How do you manage something like that?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val is glad to be drug away. "More tomorrow Master Riddlemark?"

OOC: oops
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Aye," Riddlemark says, waving his hand dismissively. "We're done for the day." He walks off to his cabin.

Meanwhile, back at the captain's quarters, Sierra answers Jocelyn's question. "We raided a harpy nest, actually. Picked up quite a few trinkets in the process. The damned things were luring ships into some rocks then picking them clean. We were hired to stop them. So cleaned out their whole nest. Decided to take the egg as a trophy."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"What do you plan to do with the egg?" Ouragana asks curiously.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll meet you up there then Val? Unless you are ready?" Arei says as she bows to Riddlermark, "We are expected."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Sell it, maybe," Sierra says in reply to Ouragana's question. "If we can find a buyer offering a decent enough price. Or maybe I'll let Thaddeus study it, if he thinks anything can be gained from it. For the time being, it makes for a nice conversation piece, though."

Terra shakes her head. "You always want mementos of the worst things. Every time I look at that egg, all I remember is the horrible screeching and singing, making my ears bleed. I hate those things."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana laughs, a high and airy sound. "A good conversation piece it is indeed" she acknowledges.