Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The game starts here

Post by Stik »

"This is work, not fun," Chris says, releasing Volker.
"I will not kill you. I want to believe you. But if you are lying, no prayers before your hanging. Understand?
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Ellie is busy tidying, while I am with my parents)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Volker casts Christopher a dark look, but says nothing at first. Instead he straightens his shirt. "Would you kindly pass me my crutches?" he asks then.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Dale moves to join the group, and he passes the crutches to the injured man if he is close enough.

Staying out of the men's conversation for the most part, Dale suggests to the group. "After the service, we might make plans, perhaps. I am Dale, villager turned bandit hunter."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul assists the priest to the church, his mind occupied with his own brooding thoughts. Finally he speaks softly to the old man. "I trust you will not be offended if I say my prayers in silence tonight. Thoughts of violence have roused unwanted memories of a past life." He pauses thoughtfully for a moment, "I am able to share much with Christopher, having shared similar experiences, though those who have not ventured to the Holy Land....I would prefer they not think less of me were the truth of our kinsman's circumstances be known. " He felt his words were not adequate to express the turmoil within his own soul, but hopefully the old man would understand.
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Still cleaning....)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(waiting for Tram to post)
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Matthias halts by the scene Christopher is causing as he assaults Volker, biting his tongue though his scowl is graven with disapproval. As the situation resolves itself he addresses both parties choosing his words with care and keeping his tone as even as possible. "I had wondered the same myself, Volker. By rights any man would be left for the crows, not walking about spreading the story."

He scowls again, addressing Christopher directly. "That was brutish, sir. And cruel. I sense you are a man more set to breaking than to mending. Sometimes, rarely, those of your mien choose justice and honor, are you such a man? If so you will owe young Volker an apology should his words be truth... and a noose if they are not." His eyes flick to Volker with the last sentence, empathetic, questioning.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the church
The church is not big, smaller than the inn in fact, but made entirely of stone, even the roof is covered with flat stones. The walls are thick, with pilasters (half-colums) supporting the main roof beams and small windows high in the walls between them. Below the windows are wooden benches. It has only one apsis with a simple stone altar. Above it. a cross hangs from the ceiling. It is made of wood. with a body of Christ painted and gilded on it. Right now, only the eternal flame is burning beside it in a lantern of red glass, while the sunset light still comes in through the window.
Otto had sat down on one of the benches lining the walls while Saul was talking. He looks up smpathetically. "My brother, this is not the first time I speak to someone coming back from the Holy Land with a soul in turmoil instead of in peace. Alas, I cannot give you absolution if you don't tell me more. Perhaps there is some action or inaction in these past days caused by your turmoil that is troubling you and you can tell me, to give you a little more peace of mind?

In the village aquare
"Perhaps they thought I would be punished worse by letting me live without my beloved, and without the possibility of earning my living as I wanted to" Volker answers, half-bitter, half-defiant. "Perhaps they were sure to get away with kidnapping the inkeeper's stepdaughter whom no one really likes, but not with killing the stud manager's son. And they were not wrong, apparently. No one bothered to look for Erika. And manslaughter is punished more severely than kidnapping - or maiming.

Can we go on to complet now?"
he asks, pointing to the church.

In the inn
Eloise helps with the cleaning, apparently to Yolanda's satisfaction. Before they're completely done, all other guests have left. She then shows the two young women a small room across the courtyard over the stables with a large bed that has a straw matress and blankets. "Sheets are in the chest over there" she tells them. "The overnight guests were thoughtless, running away without taking their rooms. Now I have to stay up until after complet" she complains. "Well, let's clean the guest foom and kitchen, perhaps I won't have to stay up that long after."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We could wait up for them." Eloise says with a friendly smile, her hand on the womans shoulder, "They spoke of a missing girl, I think they plan to help her." She adds, checking out the room.

"Thank you for this, a bed will be nice for a change." Turning she faces the woman again. "Sorry for upsetting you."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Yolanda evades Eloise and says briskly: "Let's get back to work" and turns around.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes lets." She responds and gives Thelma a wink. "You could join them, I'll be fine."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Dale moves with Volker and the group. "Perhaps, it is simply a case of cruelty. Men are prone to such things." He says with empathy towards the man.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul takes a seat beside the old priest and stares vacantly up at the image of Christ. Minutes pass in silence before he can elaborate at all. "I have my own cross to bear for my involvement, a cross I willingly accept for my actions were done with my own consent and knowledge, but the true shame I feel comes from inaction. From not stopping others from committing atrocities in the name of the Lord. I am filled with sadness, shame, and in turn an overwhelming sense of wrath, yet wrath focused upon myself." His gaze drops to the floor before continuing. "Wrath which can often spill over and affect others..."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
pixie chic
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by pixie chic »

Back at the Tavern/Inn

Thelma helps with the cleaning and asks Yolanda, "Who claims lordship over the area if I may ask?"