Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The game starts here

Post by Stik »

Christopher looks at Matthias. "That was to get his attention - it did him no harm. If he lied, this will be the least of his worries. If he was truthful, and if his lady is recovered, he will be too grateful to care about this.
"Question my honor again, and we will have a problem."

To Volker, Christopher says: "Prove them wrong, and conquer your infirmity. I have seen a one-legged knight fight with a sword in one hand and a crutch in the other. Working horses and mules should be easier.

"Come, let us pray for guidance and strength."

==================

That orange text is a link, by the way. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the inn
"Since the Valckenburgs died out, our liege lord is the abbot of St. Johns, downriver, at the ford half a day's march away. But he leaves us pretty much to ourselves, as long as our dues come in regularly" Yolanda says dismissively.

In the village square
Volker jerks his head to get his hair out of the way, then he looks Christopher in the eye. "What do you think I'm doing?" he asks in a proud voice. "Tomorrow will see me back on a horse. But if I broke one in, no one except those who have a leg like mine could ride it."

In the church
Otto nods. "Yes, our inactions are often a heavier burden than our actions." He then makes the sign of the cross before Saul, speaking the ritual words that conclude a confession: "Ego te absolvo..."
After a pause,he reaches into a pocket and draws out a coil of waxed string. "Would you light the candles at the lectern for me, please?" he asks Saul, passing it over and pointing to the lantern with the eternal light.
Saul finds it easy to reach into the lantern and to transfer the flame to the two big candles next to the lectern. He sees that the book on it is set for a Sunday mass, and not for a weekday complet, and turns to the appropriate page. While he is still doing that, Christopher, Matthias, Dale and Volker come in. Otto comes over to the lectern and nods to Saul to join the group. Seeing them all standing there attentively, Otto begins: "In nomine patri et filii et spiritu sancti".

(The benches along the walls are for infirms only, the congregation is expected to stand. Volker stands on his good leg, holding to his crutches slightly to better keep his balance.)

After the last "Amen", Otto blows out the candles at the lectern and walks out to the side door. The only light is now the reddish glow of the eternal light, the sun having set completely.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul turns to Volker and looks him in the eye, "I can no longer abide inaction. As my penance I will seek out your woman and attempt to return her to you." He closes his eyes and breathes deeply before continuing. "You also must understand that she may not be the same person you first knew. Tragedy tends to shape people some people are hardened by it, some broken, but ALL are shaped by it. Your infirmary is outward, visible, but her's may be less so."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Volker blushes deeply at Saul's words. "I thank you, father" he says in an almost breaking voice, sounding utterly relieved.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul smiles gently. "No. Not Father. I'm not holy enough for that." He looks slightly sheepish. "I'm working on it, though."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Brother, then" Volker smiles back.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So no one lives in that big house?" Eloise asks with a worried glance over at Thelma, "Oh, would you like me to help in the morning?" She adds.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

In the inn:

"That big house?" Yolanda gives a derisive laugh. "You've never really seen a castle, have you? That's several houses as big as this one, enclosed by walls. And no, no one lives there any more. Only the Stony Barn in the outer courtyard is still used."

As the men come in from the Complet, Yolanda gets up. "You can show them the way to their dormitory, it's opposite yours" she tells Eloise. She herself walks over to Christopher. "If you'd follow me, I can show you your room, Sir" she says.

The dormitory is a long but narrow room with a large raised bed along the long side. It has a straw matress covered with coarse cloth. Several pillows are lined up along the headboard, and coarse blankets are folded at the "foot" end. "You can use your bedrolls here. Blankets are a copper extra, Yolanda told me" Eloise explains, pointing to the chest at the far side of the room.

For Christopher, Yolanda has a room upstairs, with a nice four-poster bed all made.

(OOC: the dormitory is modeled after one we slept in during our pilgrimage, it's in an old "ranch" house high in the Italian part of the Alps. I guess it was originally built for the ranch hands and the sleeping places are now rented to tourists. You have to bring your own sleeping bag, at least the small one that replaces the sheets. Too bad I forgot to take a picture. There were about eight sleeping places side by side on the one big straw matress.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Are you really going to that castle?" Eloise asks the men as they settle in the room, "Really?"

"I don't like the idea of anyone being Kidnapped, taken away like that, but I don't know what I could do. I'm just a barmaid, I'm not like you." She blushes, resting on the doorframe.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Christopher prays with the others at complet, staying for a moment more of silent personal prayer before rising, and leaving the chapel, taking care not to allow his sword to strike the pews as he walks.
[OOC] Been there, done that. Having worn a sword in church on a number of occasions, I can say from experience that one must take care that the scabbard doesn't scratch the woodwork. [/OOC]

"Tomorrow we will both look for your lady, Volker. And we will see you when we return."

Back at the inn, Christopher takes on a slightly embarrassed look when he sees the accommodations awaiting him. "This is more than I am used to on the road, Frau Yolanda. Last night I slept on a tree. Two nights before that, in a cave. But I fear I cannot pay you for it"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul seeks a place near the wall. Apparently it helps him to sleep in a defensive position like this.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Eloise was talking to Saul)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I managed to get a vector graphic program, and so I can post you a drawing of the dormitory:
the brown rectangle is the chest with the sheets. The small rectangles are the pillows, I didn't draw the blankets
the brown rectangle is the chest with the sheets. The small rectangles are the pillows, I didn't draw the blankets
dormitory.png (2.12 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
Christopher didn't have to worry about the pews, there weren't any in that small village church:
The benches along the walls are for infirms only, the congregation is expected to stand
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Yes, we are indeed going to the castle. At least that seems to be where the search will lead." He considers the next part of her question before answering. "I don't feel safe allowing one so young on what has already been a violent event."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm not sure you get to make that choice actually. If I want to go then I am going to go." Rising to her full height she places her hands on her hips. "I think I am going to go, if you like it or not." She sticks her small chest out and lowers her eyebrows.

Borderlands 3 - Navi