Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by Jenara »

(Oh goodie...)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks horrified upon seeing what just happened. "Babuska, Jeremy," she says softly, her mouth hanging open at what just happened. It was a little hard to believe. "Thuskar, deal with Locky, but be careful as you don't know how much of that potion she used!" she calls out. "Ulster, help those that you can help. I'll be there in a second," she says quickly as she picks up her sword and rushes to go help her friends.

Init Roll (9)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster moves to Jerrard first, who is the closest. The mage moans in pain unconsciously, indicating he is still alive. Ulster kneels by his side and starts doing his best to bind the Solamnic's wounds.

"You should worry about yourselves!" Locky proclaims, and she stabs at him with her hoopak, only to be thwarted by his enchanted plate mail.

"Little bitch!" Ulster curses at her.

"I got her!" Thuskar says, swooping in with his great sword. However, he finds himself equally stymied by her enchanted chain mail.

"Bwahaha!" Locky laughs. "I am impervious to your pitiful attacks!"

Dara continues chopping away at the webbing, almost free, while Imani grabs her fallen sword and hurries over to help just in time to see Babushka's charred body burst into flames again. But this time the flames are blue and the ignition is completely spontaneous. The blue flames consume her body entirely, then seem to shift into the form of a beautiful phoenix.
Blue Phoenix.jpg
Blue Phoenix.jpg (92.75 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
Raising its head to the sky, it gives an avian shriek before transforming again into Babushka, now fully healed and wearing nothing but simple, blue robes. A blue pinion sticks out of her hair, and in one hand she carries her Longtooth Dagger, and in the other her Fungus Staff.

=============

Initiative
Imani (1d10+3): 12
Ulster (1d10+3): 7
Thuskar (1d10+7): 15
Locky (1d10+6): 9
Dara (1d10+2): 11

Round 7!

Ulster moves 15 feet southwest and binds Jerrard's wounds, stabilizing him.
Locky moves 10 feet northwest and attacks Ulster with her hoopak spear (+2) while he is kneeling (+1) (1d20+3): 10, miss.
Dara breaks through 14 feet of webbing (out of 15).
Imani picks up her sword, then moves 60 feet to the west, leaving the web.
Thuskar moves 25 feet to the southwest and attacks (+1) Locky with his great sword (+1) against her chain mail (-2) (1d20): 9, miss.
Babushka is reborn in blue flame.

(OOC: Actions and Initiative for Round 7?)
Attachments
Undead Battle 08.jpg
Undead Battle 08.jpg (153.75 KiB) Viewed 5830 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani's mouth drops open as she watches the whole scene with Babushka. She didn't really know what was going on, but she didn't really have time to contemplate it either. It seemed as if the gnome was suddenly alive, which seemed like a good omen to her in the end.

Without wasting anymore time, Imani leaps at Locky to tackle her down much like Jerrard did.

Initi Roll, Tackle Roll (3, 1)

(Seriously...that is twice now.)
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

[ooc] =( Look on the bright side, you can't drop your own arms! [/ooc]
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Be careful not to kill!"
Babushka's voice is altered, it is more carrying than it could ever have been before, with a musical quality to it.

"Stay where you are, I've been told how to end this" she reassures the startled Imani, Ulster and Thuskar and hurries into the pit. She crouches on the seal. Thinking of the terribly transformed Locky, Jerrard burned almost beyond recognition, the near impossibility to free Imani's son from an oppressing yet doting father, the possible loss of her companion Dekker, plus the shock of death and rebirth... tears spill out of her eyes, she gulps so hard it is difficult to draw breath in between. All the worries and the stress of the past weeks and months tranform into hot tears, alll she can do is to hold back wails and screams so as not to frighten her friends further. She leans forward to let her tears fall onto the seal.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Ulster stares in amazement at Babushka's apparent resurrection, Thuskar quickly binds Fikod's wounds, stabilizing him.

Babushka hurries to the edge of the pit and lets her tears flow freely, down onto the seal. The seal begins to glow with a white light, becoming brighter with each teardrop that hits it.

Imani throws herself at Locky, but the kender simply drops into a roll to evade her. Imani lands face-first on the ground, with nothing to show for it. Laughing maniacally, Locky gets to her feet and charges Imani, hoopak spear raised, ready to plunge it down into the prone woman's body. At the same time, Dara manages to finally cut herself free from Jerrard's webbing.

The light of the seal reveals a pair of translucent tendrils connecting the seal with Dara and Locky. The tendrils writhe in pain, then withdraw, being sucked back into the seal. With a final flash of light, the seal goes dark, and both Dara and Locky collapse on the ground suddenly.

==============

(OOC: Locky is no longer possessed.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Lifting her head Locky looks around in a mixture of wonderment and suprise, "Oh that was interesting....." She utters in her normal voice, "I dont think I have felt anything so evil..."

Looking up at the group she gives them all a weak smile, her eyes going over Jeremy's dead form, tears of her own appearing in her eyes... "I did that." She says sadly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani pushes herself up after face planting the ground. She gives a little groan as that isn't something that feels all that great, and wipes the dirt off her face. "You weren't yourself, Locky," Imani says, trying to comfort the kender, but she knew that Locky was going to have to live with the fact that she did kill someone. Actually, she killed two people, but the other person was standing and walking around like it didn't happen.

"Um, not that I'm not happy," Imani says, "But how are you alive, Babushka?" she asks in a mixture of confusion and amazement.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka notices the change of the seal, but she can't stop crying for quite a while. Finally, her sobs ebb and she is able to pull herself up. Still shaking slightly, she walks over to the group.

"That is a longer story, Imani, and before I tell it, let us make sure we are safe. How is everyone?" the gnome responds with her altered, more musical voice that carries a distinct tone of sadness however.

"Locky, help me check the wounded, please" she says. "Dear, dear" she mutters, seeing their burns. "You must be in agony! And all my collected herbs are gone!" She thinks for a moment. "But the most efficient herbs are also dangerous, so there is a chance that some of it lives here in the twisted forest. Imani, will you come with me while I go looking for them? We said no one should go alone."

She also takes a close look at Dara. How does the kirath react to the possession being lifted?

Herbalism check, 1d20=12, fail, she finds no herb she is sure will work as a painkiller (if she finds doubtful ones, she will not take them).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky doesn't move... being stunned to silence didnt often happen to Kender, and right now she couldn't believe it..

Hearing Dara's name she jumps into action, approaching the Elf she kneels down before her, stroking her hair.. "We are free, I'm not actually sure how, but we are free... How do you feel?" Eying the battlefield she lowers her head once more.. "I killed my friend, I cant believe it, he was nice too.. its funny I've killed others, but..." her small body is wracked with little sobs as she lowers her head onto the elfs.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dara simply lies there, sobbing quietly in an almost catatonic state. While Locky was possessed for a few minutes, there's no telling how long the kirath had been under the Unnameable's power.

Exhausted and badly wounded, Ulster and Thuskar plop down on the ground near Jerrard and Fikod, groaning with every movement.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani sighs softly and stands up to go with Babuska. "Locky," she says, knowing that the kender is probably going through her own sort of turmoil right now. "If you can, try to heal up Ulster and Thuskar. Jerrard and Fikod are going to be out for awhile. When we get back, we need to figure out what we are going to do."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

While looking for the painkilling herbs, Babushka will also look for water and bring it back to camp.

"Imani, look at that building over there" she says when they get back, pointing to the temple to the south of the pit. "Let's see if it is safe, it would be a good shelter."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I...I guess I could. Ulster could you sit with Dara? Please?" She asks, touching his shoulder and giving him some aid, she does the same for Thuskar before bringing Jerrard and Fikod back to conciousness.

Cure Mod, Ulster: 1d10+1=5, Cure Mod, Thuskar: 1d10+1=7
Cure light on Jerrard and Fikod.

Borderlands 3 - Navi