Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by NoTrammeling »

Exhaling a cloud of soot and ash, Fikod sucks in another breath of sweet air that he'd assumed he'd never get. Slow, very very slowly, he sits up. It takes him several minutes to get over his shock and take in the scene: the giant V-shaped scar in the earth, for some reason Babushka wearing blue robes, charred corpses... and... and... Tears well in his eyes as he lifts a finger to his face to feel only burned skin where his proud mustachios had been. His hand drops limp and almost lifeless and the light of understanding goes from his eyes as he begins to cry. Shuddering softly against the pain of the burns, he fights his tears at first then gives up and lets the raw emotion of his loss overwhelm him.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll check it out alone," Imani says. She wanted a little time alone after all that had happened, and she could defend myself. "I'll call for help if I need it," she assured the gnome. "And you will be of more help with the others."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll do it," Thuskar volunteers. He goes to sit with Dara while Ulster looks after Jerrard and Fikod. Locky, having forgotten to pray for any new spells today, first sits and does so for an hour before she can heal anyone up.

During this time, Babushka and Imani go looking for herbs and water. Sadly, in this desolate, cursed place, they don't find anything. Any and all herbs appear incredibly toxic, and the only source of water they find is brown and smells funny.

By the time they return, Locky has finished praying and casts the four spells she has asked for. She revives Jerrard and Fikod to consciousness and helps heal the henchmen slightly. Sadly, there is nothing she can do for Jeremy--he is far beyond her power to help.

=============

Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Fikod, and he is automatically restored to 1 HP.
Locky casts Cure Light Wounds on Jerrard, and he is automatically restored to 1 HP.
Locky casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Ulster and restores (1d10+1): 5 HP.
Locky casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Thuskar and restores (1d10+1): 7 HP.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: what about the temple? Does Imani find it safe?)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Peering inside the small shrine, Imani finds it is just big enough to hold a marble slab on which a female elven corpse lies. She is clearly a soldier of some kind, as she is wearing resplendent chain mail and some rather expensive looking jewelry. Her arms are crossed over her chest, and a shield is placed over them. A long sword in a beautiful, jewel encrusted scabbard, lies next to her.

At her feet is an open scroll with elven script written upon it.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I... I wish I could do something for Jeremy, but my powers are too weak, Lady Crysania might be strong enough.. but not me." Locky says softly, moving to the woodsman. "We should get him inside, somewhere... know knows what lives here."

Sitting back by Dara she takes the elves hands into hers, stroking them softly. "Eli watch over this lost soul, she has done no wrong, help her see the light."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We should prepare to move Fikod and Jerrard, hopefully the shrine will provide shelter" Babushka suggests. "Let's spread out bedrolls and place them on them, this way we can carry them without needing to touch them"

When that is done, Babushka approaches Dara and looks into the elf's eyes. "Dara?" she asks softly in her most friendly voice. "Do you think you can help us carry someone over? You're much taller than Locky or me."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Trying to ignore the shocks of pain that flash before his eyes, Jerrard moans in pain as he flexes his arms.. "I can stand." He manages say through his chared lips, trying not to pay attention to the hideous burns he pulls himself to his feet.

"By Paladine that hurts." He groans, "What.... what happened?" He asks seeing Babuskha, "Something is different."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka looks up for a moment and sees Jerrard stand, but decides to focus on Dara for the moment.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani exits the shrine after exploring it a little. Though, she makes sure not to touch the elf or any of the belongings. "We are better off getting out of this cursed part of the woods," she says. "The shrine holds a dead elf, and it doesn't look like it would fit all of us in there."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dara suddenly snatches her hand away from Locky. "No!" she exclaims. "No, I don't deserve forgiveness. For a month now, I've been possessed. I've led these elves to their death; friends and kirath who trusted me." She shakes her head sadly. "I wish I had never found this place."

Before anyone can respond, the five elven corpses--as well as Jeremy's--all burst into bright, blue flame. The corpses are disintegrated within moments and then the flames fly into the air, like birds, forming a circle above the seal. The six flames then converge, before falling down to the center of the seal. There's a sudden flash of blue light, and a massive tree begins to form over the seal.

It takes less than a minute for the tree to grow to a height of three stories, taking deep root and completely covering up the seal. The only way for anyone to get near it again would be to uproot this massive tree--no easy task!

Furthermore, the tree gives off a soft blue light. The radiation of the light seems to drive away the corrupted darkness. The feeling of oppression and despair lifts, turning into hope. The grass and nearby trees begin to flourish again. A minute or two later, one can even hear songbirds returning to the area.
Attachments
Blue Tree.jpg
Blue Tree.jpg (133.94 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka had startled a little when Dara drew away her hand, but she gets completely mesmerised when the dead elves' and Jeremy's souls are raised and the blessed tree grows on the seal. She gets up and chants: "Praised be Habbakuk, God of Life! Your blessing rights what has been corrupted, you bring brightness and hope to our hearts!"

In wonder, she walks over to the tree and caresses its bark, her hands tingling slightly from the power of Habbakuk. She leans close and presses her cheek to the tree trunk, drinking in the serenity and peace.

After a few moments, she goes back to Dara and Locky, speaking in a ringin voice loud enough for everyone to hear. "No, Dara, it was not you who lured the kirath to death. And it was not you, Locky, who breathed fire on us. An Evil Demon had been encased here, and the seal binding him had been weakened enough so he could lure and possess people. It was this demon that lured the kirath and us here, using Dara as a tool like a fisherman uses a bait. Is the bait guilty of killing the fish?"

She makes a pause, looking at each of them in turn. "When the flames burned me, I was hurt badly enough to pass into the Otherworld, like Jeremy did. But I found my way through the Gate of Souls barred by Habbakuk." Her eyes widen, and her voice goes soft in wonder. "He told me that I could go back if I agreed to be his servant from now on, meaning that I do what I can to fight evil and to protect nature. I agreed, and he told me what I could do to close the seal again, preventing the demon to come out and saving Locky and Dara from possession.
What we must all know, however, is that spilling blood would weaken the seal again. Now it might be that Habbakuk's power has overcome that"
she says, gesturing to the large tree and the revived forest around them, "but just to be sure, we should avoid any bloodshed in the area that used to be affected. I would suggest that this area becomes a sanctuary, where bloodshed and even hunting is banned, instead those who love Nature could come to worship Habbakuk here. What do you think, Dara, could the Kirath spread the word?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It wasn't you." Locky states firmly, staring at the tree in utter wonderment. "Come, rest." Taking her hands once more she smiles, "Please?"

"You know I bet one could see the whole forest from up there." She mutters with a mischievous grin, "Would Habbuak mind if I climbed his tree?"

Her little face lights up with wonder and pleasure as the glade changes around her, so much so that she lets out a girlish giggle, "See Dara, nothing is ever lost completely, even in this place of darkness."

Laying back on the grass she closes her eyes, "The gods are here, we have nothing to be afraid of... Dara, are you hurt?" She asks, visually inspecting the elves wounds."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Would someone please tell me what is going on?" Jerrard asks weakly, barely able to stand.. "A shrine you say?" He asks Imani, going to stroke his own beard finding only burnt stubble.

"I can't deny there is something different about this place now.. could we rest here, set up a camp of sorts? Locky can ask paladine for water and we hsve some rations." He looks to Imani, as he wills his web to vanish. "I could protect us with webbing somewhat." He adds.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Surprised to get so little reaction to her litte speech, Babushka walks over to Jerrard. "Please, my friend, you should sit down and rest. I doubt you will be able to cast any spells before tomorrow." She waits if he sits down again, then continues. "You asked what is going on. It is Habbakuk, the God of Nature, who has intervened here. He brought me back from death, told me how to close again the seal that banned the demon, and now restores this part of the forest to new life. And yes, we have to set up camp here and rest. I think we will be reasonably safe here beneath Habbakuk's tree, but we need to set up watches."