Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords III

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani holds the candle that was given to her, and remains quiet during the short ceremony. Once it is all done, she walks away with Locky, putting out the candle in the process. "I wonder if there is a lake or pond near by," she says after everything is done. "I would really like to wash out all of this blood."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky and Imani spend the next few hours cleaning the bodies and performing the ritual. When it ends and Locky speaks the words, there is a sudden flash of light. When it clears, the six elven bodies have vanished entirely and a feeling of warmth and love fills the room.

Meanwhile, Jerrard flips through his spellbook, but as he has already studied all of his spells for the day, there is nothing left for him to study.

Babushka and Ulster continue following the tracks for several hours, which continue heading westward. Despite Babushka's earlier joke about the forest being too populated, they do not encounter anyone or anything during this time. After the fifth hour, Ulster points out that if they want to return to camp by nightfall, they best start heading back now.

=========

It is now a quarter after Tenth Watch (4:15 PM).

(OOC: What does "NB" mean?)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes of course, we have to go back. It is even a little late, I had hoped to gather some edibles or maybe even hunt something on our way back. I should have told you. Thanks for keeping track of time." Babushka smiles at Ulster and they return, taking a shortcut if it can be done without risking to get lost.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(A way of saying, oh by the way, the site is well linked on search engines.)

"Oh." Locky says standing somewhat speechless for a few moments. "Thank you Paladine, your humble servant is forever in your debt." He eyes flashing with a solemn look of wisdom.

"Shall we go back to the others?" She asks Imani, "When Babuskha returns we can see if she found a source of water so you can bathe.. Me too." She adds, suddenly the silly kender again. Standing by imani she tries to slip her little hand into the princesses.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sitting next to Thuskar Jerrard sighs.. "I hope she is ok, she'll be so mad that we left her, I promised to protect her..."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani glances down at the kender, but doesn't refuse holding her hand. She smiles a little, as little acts like that remind her of her son. "I wonder if he misses me."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka and Ulster head back, following the tracks backwards so they don't get lost. Along the way, Babushka tries to find some food, but nothing she comes across is edible or non-poisonous. The sun sets by the time they arrive back at the camp.

Thuskar nods to Jerrard. "If she's alive, we'll find her, I'm sure," he says.

===========

Babushka makes a Survival check (1d20): 17, fail.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Coming back to the camp, Babushka reports: "We've followed the tracks as far as we could, they head due west, where we were supposed to go.
I tried to find us something to eat, but we'll have to do with rations again, I'm afraid. I've found only water. Would someone come with me to refill our waterskins?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Me and Imani want to wash." Locky says still holding the wonans hand.. "Shall we go?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I hope so. I want her to trust me." Jerrard responds as he stands walking over to Jeremy and Fikod, "Frankly this didn't work out as planned." He says with a self depreciating laugh.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We can fill everyone's waterskins after we bathe," Imani suggests.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Let's go then" Babushka says and leads the other women to the stream, where they can bathe and bring back water.
"We should take turns and watch out, you never know who might be coming here" she reminds them.

Is there any sign that game animals may be using this stream too?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Things rarely do," Thuskar comments. After a moment's pause, he then asks, "What exactly was the plan in the first place?" he wonders.

The girls head to the stream Babushka had discovered earlier and take turns bathing and refilling skins. The sun goes down shortly after. Babushka notes several animal tracks around the water, including deer, rabbit and quail; evidently this place is visited by the local wildlife.

===========

It is now after Afterwatch (9:45 PM).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Isn't it obvious that we didn't have one?" Jerrard says with a sigh. "Why I stepped aside and let imani take charge."

--------

Locky splashes about in the river with abandon, "You humans are so pretty " she says to imani as they bathe.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When the girls come back to the ruins they camp in, Babushka tells everyone: "I've found animal tracks near the stream. They won't come now, but it might be worth going for a hunt there in the morning."

Babushka doesn't have the hunting NWP, but Jeremy has. Perhaps the two should test their luck at dawn.