Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC chat

Post by Stik »

Christopher's dialogue was rough sounding because it was English, translated into Latin, then translated back into English while attempting to preserve Latin syntax, dropping articles and all that.

I don't think you're being bossy at all. I look forward to the roleplaying opportunity of a slight language barrier. It'll be fun "finding his voice."

Oh, and I'm not the kind of player who makes a big deal about a mount's name, but Apollo Creed was my friend's horse.
Apollo was 17 hands + 2" (5'-10" at the shoulder) and over 1,200 lbs. He was huge and strong but loved attention from people (he once picked me up off the ground by sticking his nose under my arm and tossing his head, just because I had stopped scratching his head and put my hand in my pocket). He was also was a very good jumper with no sense of his own limitations (he jumped over a pickup truck, just because it was in his way).
It just kind of fit.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

*runs amuck* That is a good size horse. I miss having them around.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Apollo Creed was big. My friend rode him in jumping competitions, and had to lift weights to strengthen her arms, just to be able to get his attention.

He's not the biggest horse I have ever been around, though. My medieval group until recently had a jousting team, with two or three horses at any given time. Over the years we had four Belgians draft horses and a Percheron. The biggest was 18 hands and 2,200 lbs.

One of the Belgians stepped in my foot once, or should I say stood on my foot, because she was aggravated at me. She felt around for my foot, found it, put her hoof down on it and leaned in. I tried to push her away, but it was like pushing a wall. I'm a big guy, but there is no moving eighteen hundred pounds of horse.

Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

At the risk of confusing everyone, I had to change my PCs name, from John to Christopher.
John was my father's name, and it's getting to me, having to keep typing the name over and over. I guess it's still too fresh, even two years after he passed away.

I've gone through all the posts, and I think I changed it in all of them. If anyone sees one that I missed, I wouldn't mind you changing it
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

No problem, Stik! You had me confused for a short time, though!

Now, I hate to admit this, but I have no idea what the Complet actually is....
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The complet is the formal evening prayer said by priests, monks and nuns, it is held just before bedtime around 10 p.m. It can be done either in private, or the public can be invited. In fact, Otto is probably very happy he is not alone tonight, because he usually is! The monks of the Abbey of St. John the Baptist will sing the complet in congregation, of course.

(I briefly stated what the Complet is a few pages back, when Otto first mentioned it, because I know that most here are not familiar with catholic customs.)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I had heard of it, but called Compline, not Complet.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Compline is probably the English expression for it. In Germany and France, the Latin form is used, and so I didn't look it up in the dictionary.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Sorry about the delay ^^; Flying out of Europe this afternoon for what should be a much more stable living condition than the vacation I've been enjoying this past month or so.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm sorry I didn't log in yesterday. It's town fair time here, and after a busy day with my family (my son came home from a trip to Auschwitz with his school early in the morning) I had to work in the kitchen of the fairground bistro until four this morning... and I found that someone thought it funny to mess with my bike I had chained to the rail of the bridge over the river. It was lifted over the rail and was hanging from the chain there. Well, I'm strong enough to lift it back and skilled enough to put the chain back on the gear wheel, so I could ride home, but the handlebar and brakes need adjustment and the rear light doesn't function. Sigh.

I had a different reaction in mind for Yolanda, but since you have been playing on, I had to adjust. It doesn't matter for the adventure, so it's OK.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm away till August 4th. Too bad Stik is away as well, otherwise you could set yourselves up to begin the adventure proper while I'm gone...
pixie chic
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by pixie chic »

Rawr. I am supposed to move Eloise's character along while Jen is on vacation.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I'm baaaaack...
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Welcome back :)
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Thanks, I had a good time (and saw a few, albeit Renaissance, castles).

Please let me know, everybody, when you're ready to go to the castle and what you'll take with you.