Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

Post by JadedDM »

"You got the look," Brock tells Areilon. "The way you move. Not obvious to everyone, but I've adventured before enough to see it clear as day."

Jocelyn hurries upstairs and finds Noah still in their room, fast asleep despite all of the ruckus (including the waiter nailing boards to the broken window just next door).

"If I report any of this to the wardens, you realize they'll just arrest the lot of you for being out during curfew, right?" Brock asks the half-orc. "Not to mention interfering with a police investigation. Just go, and do what you need to do to get the bastard that killed my daughter," he says grimly.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I think curfew violation is the least of our worries right now" Ouragana says as she puts the wand in her sash and picks up her spellbook to bring it back to the suite. "And you would have called the wardens by now if you trusted them to find the culprit." She nods and heads off, coming back down immediately to set out with the others.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Interesting." Areilion comments when he suggested she 'looked the type', "Make sure no one touches that other one, it's our defense if we get locked up." She says to Brock, trying to hide her state of drunkenness. "So we go to the watchmaker? And kick backsides?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Is there a back door, Brock?" Ouragana asks. "Maybe the people who sent the spiders have been watching from a hidden corner in the street, and they might wait for the return of theis beasties. But of course, they must have realised there's something wrong by now because they haven't come back and the window is boarded up. Still, we might find clues if we move carefully. Also, we should watch our back lest any of the neighbours alert the wardens when we go out."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn walks over to the sleeping Noah and shakes him. "Noah, wake up!"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Aye, there's a back door through the kitchen," Brock says, pointing in that general direction.

Meanwhile, Noah jumps awake, blinking groggily. "What? Huh? Is breakfast being served?" he mumbles, rubbing at his eye.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val waits impatiently. Dropping the carcass on the floor, she takes a closer look to occupy her time.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No, it is still pretty late," Jocelyn says. "Val, Ouragana, and Arelion were just attacked in their room by metal spiders. We are going to investigate. I wanted to let you know."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Val can hardly make heads or tails out of the strange device. There are many small parts to it and it seems to have a black liquid inside it that soon covers the half-orc's fingers.

Noah nods sleepily at Jocelyn. "Right. Metal spiders. Investigating. Got it."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn rolls her eyes at Noah, and gives him a pat on the head. "Bye," she says as she leaves to join the others in the main room. "So what's the plan exactly?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I'd love to look for traces the spiders may have left coming here, but if we go around with lanterns, we'll be discovered immediately. Now that I think of it, it might be wiser to go to sleep and do that when dawn just begins. I don't think we'll find the wrongdoers still out of their houses now, too much time has passed. What do you think, Arei?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei (still slightly drunk, thus her judgement, such as it is, is impaired) snorts loudly as rattles her sword, "We go now, the trail will go cold otherwise!" Picking up one of the cogs in a cloth she shakes her head. "Whoever built this wanted to kill us, I say we don't let them get away with it."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Good, if you say so." Ouragana accepts Arei's initiative. "Then let's watch the houses of our prime suspects, maybe they try to leave or get rid of things under cover of curfew. Val and me should look at the jeweler's, he doesn't know us, and Arei and Jocelyn at the clockmaker's, where they aren't known."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Coming?" She asks the young Cleric.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Let me see if I have this straight first," Jocelyn says. "We are going to split up and spy on the jeweler and clockmaker?" she asks. "And what do we hope to accomplish with doing that? These things probably left some prints behind, shouldn't we follow those?" she asks. "And stay together, just in case there are more?"