Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn approaches the two men standing guard. "Excuse me," she says. "Um, we were told that we could catch a ride with this ship," she explains. "I'm Jocelyn, and these people behind me are my...friends."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei stands a short way back, admiring the vessel, she watches the sailors reactions, ready to intervene if needed.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana stands next to Areilon. She had learned it was better to let Jocelyn do the talking. She continues to admire the ship and tries to get a "feel" for the crew as they bustle about (are they calm or hassled, well organised or not, good-natured or aggressive with each other).
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nice surprise... Like the Wardens letting me keep these." She taps the two pistols, "Do you realise these are worth a decent amount of gold each?" She says with a wink.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val is happy to see Mist respond, but she waits with the girls to board and stow her gear before taking some time in the water.

She too has learned to keep her mouth shut.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Studying the crew working, Ouragana determines they are well-organized. Some of them appear a tad shady, but they work just the same as anyone else. Everyone seems to get along fairly well and there is no visible in-fighting among them. Most of the crew is dwarven, but there are some humans and other races mixed up in there, as well. They work at a quick pace, but don't appear overly beleaguered.

"A likely story," mutters the dwarf at Jocelyn. He turns his violet eyes upon the young acolyte with suspicion.

The human's left eye twitches. "Nah, I think these are the ones the captain told us about," he says.

"Harrumph!" the old dwarf replies. "The criminals, right? And we're really going to let them on board? Look at 'em! Got an elf and a @#$%ing orc with them."

The human shrugs, as if it was out of his hands. "Captain's orders. Keep an eye on things, I'll take 'em aboard." He gestures for the women to follow him up the gangplank. "Name's Vincent, Vincent Seaborn. I'm the ship's gunner. Up this way, captain's on the main deck."

As the girls pass by the dwarf, he makes a gesture at Areilon (he points to his eyes, then to her, as if saying, 'I'm watching you'). When Val passes, he hatefully glares at her, but does not hinder her passing.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Areilion, the Elf." She says stressing the word elf as she steps on board, making sure her legs are on show. "Pleased to meet you Vincent."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Being a criminal or not depends a lot on the laws in vigor" Ouragana comments as they pass the dwarf.

"Ouragana, junior storm sorcerer" the young mage introduces herself, offering her hand to Vincent. "Nice meeting you, Mr. Seaborn."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Nice to meet ya," Jocelyn says to the older man as she follows him up the gangplank. She glances over her shoulder to Ourgana. "Don't get into a debate with the dwarf," she says. "We, technically, are criminals here even if it is just for breaking curfew and taking the law into our own hands."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Vincent nods at Areilon, apparently not taking an interest in her bare legs at all. When Ouragana offers her hand, he seems surprised, even caught off guard. His left eye twitches a bit, then he makes an effort to wipe off his hand on his pants before shaking her hand. "Not used to such formality," he admits. "And don't mind old Hofur there," he says, indicating the dwarf. "He finds everyone suspicious. Part of being a quartermaster, I guess."

He leads them up to the main deck. "In any case, what you did in the past ain't no concern here. Captain's only concerned with what you do on the ship, not what you did before you boarded."

He puts his hand over his eyes to shade them and looks around the deck. "Ah, found 'er. Captain! Captain, over here! The folks you said were coming have arrived!"

A dwarven woman approaches with red hair in several braids. She's well-armed and muscular and has a stern expression on her face. Any crewman she walks by gives her plenty of space. She carries herself with a great deal of authority.

"May I present the captain, Sierra Bullring," Vincent says.
Sierra Bullring.jpg
Sierra Bullring.jpg (145.88 KiB) Viewed 6747 times
She stops in front of them and crosses her arms. "So you four are the ones Highlaw spoke of?" She looks them over, noting their freshly cleaned hair and skin, and mended and clean clothes. "I'm impressed. The way she described you, I expected a pack of wild roughians." Her eyes settle on Val, noting her injuries. "A tad roughed up, though. Seen some action, I take it?" When she notes Noah, she frowns. "Except you; you look like you've never seen a fight in your life."

Noah attempts to stammer something in reply, but she turns and starts walking back and forth before the four, like a general inspecting fresh recruits. "Well, let's get the introductions out of the way first. Who are you, what can you do, and where are you seeking passage to?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I see why the ship is so orderly now," Jocelyn comments as she looks over the captain. "I'm Jocelyn Blaine, Acolyte of Octhanus," she says. "My mentor is Noah," she adds, motioning to the halfling. "As for what I can do, well, I guess that all depends on what you are looking for. Noah and I are going to Sanctuary."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Ouragana Stormbride" the young mage says with a bow. "At you service, Ma'am, and I mean that literally. I am a storm sorcerer not long out of the Academy, and it will be a pleasure to assist the resident sorcerer on this magnificient vessel. Also, I have training in the basic skills of a sailor, so you could send me to these tasks as well." There is a lot of exitement in her voice, she's almost breathless. Her pale blue eyes are shiny, the whole body is a picture of eagerness.

(Ouragana just made up a last name on the spot, as an orphan, she doesn't have a family name)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am Areilon Landar, I suppose I am a Sailor, I've worked a few vessels, nothing this big but quite a few Merchant ships or Privateer vessels." She says with a bow, losing the hat as she does so. "As to where I am going... Where the wind takes me, although I hope to end up on Hashadeth at some point in time."

"For now my blade and my sea legs are at your service." She says with a flourish.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Sanctuary, huh?" the captain asks. "Pretty close to where we're heading, actually, so that shouldn't be a problem. As for what I'm looking for, what do you think I mean? Do either of you have any useful skills for this ship? Do you know anything at all about sailing, or just healing?"

Sierra chuckles at Ouragana. "Well, your enthusiasm is appreciated. I suppose Thaddeus could use an assistant. Our storm sorcerer certainly has a lot on his plate."

To Areilon, she simply nods. "Good enough, then. Could always use seasoned sailors."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you." Arei says as a simple response. "Where do we stow our gear? And Young Jocelyn has proved useful in many situations." She adds.

Borderlands 3 - Navi