Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 6: Clockwork Horrors

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn dresses and then heads back to the common room. "So, it seems we have a ship to catch," she says to Noah.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Brock accepts her key, as well as Noah's, and accepts the two gold for the clothes from Areilon, as well. "Nay, lass. It should be me thanking you lot. Curfew is lifted, the town is safer, and my daughter is avenged, and it's all thanks to you."

Noah nods to Jocelyn. "So it would seem. We should get back to Sanctuary soon anyway. Did you have a particular ship in mind?"

=====

Areilon pays 2 GP for a new shirt and leather skirt.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The warden say something about a ship called the Bullring that will be leaving soon. I say we take that one," Jocelyn says.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Since Ouragana was the last to get into the bath, she's also the last to come out. Braiding her hair, she enters the Common room and listens to the conversation.
"I am happy that we could be of help" she says to Brock before gathering her belongings. "And thank you again for he magical wand. I hope to be able to learn to recharge it, so it will be a very valuable tool for me. In a few years, I am likely to owe you my life many times over." She bows to the dwarf.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(She collects her backpack and other items first, of course, oh was Tia's room vacant when she went to get the gear?)

"Then this was a worthwhile venture, I just wish we could have saved the girls." Face dropping she turns to the others. "I am boarding that ship yes, are you coming too?" She asks, "Perhaps another island could be more... friendly. Present company excluded." She says bowing to Brock. "And I made a promise to go to Hashadeth, one I do not intend to break."

"Oh I found this key on the landing when I was collecting my gear, is it one of yours?" She asks, offering Brock the key to Tia's room, "You would not want it to get into the wrong hands."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Bullring?" Noah asks, frowning. "Sounds dangerous. Hope it's not too bumpy a ride."

Areilon steps upstairs to collect her things, and afterward uses the spare key she pickpocketed to peek into Tialis' room. She finds it empty and cleaned. Evidently, she has checked out.

When she returns the key to Brock, he examines it closely. "Well, there it is! Fool of a waiter lost it while he was in charge. Good thing you found it, thanks," he says.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He was very good to us, please do not be too mad with him." She says with a sweet smile, "I wish you the best, be well, she would not want you to be too sad." With that she heads outside, pulling her hat on her head and tipping it to one side.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We are going out on the ocean," Jocelyn points out to Noah. "It is bound to be bumpy at some points," she adds with a shake of her head before she turns to Brock. "Are you going to be okay?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Brock nods. "I think I'll be fine, lass. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. But I'll figure something out, I'm sure."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val stops to speak with Brock. "Thank you. Good luck." before heading to the docks.

She once again lets out an ear-splitting whistle and waits for the arrival of her friend.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The four women set out to the docks. It's a nice sunny summer day, and a cool sea breeze can be felt as soon as they step outside.

Once they arrive, Val summons Mist with a whistle. In the far distance, out in the ocean, there's a big splash as the whale surfaces.

The party seeks out the Bullring, asking some dockworkers. They are pointed to a ship on the far end of the docks. Rather unexpectedly, the Bullring turns out to be a galleon-class ship!
Galleon.jpg
Galleon.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 6058 times
Galleons are a fairly new class of vessel, invented by the Guild. There are only a handful of them in existence, but everyone in the party has at least heard of them. They are known for their size, speed, and power.

The Bullring in particular is far larger than the Lucky Mermaid. It's at least 130 feet in length and 30 feet wide, with multiple decks and a crew large enough to populate a small hamlet. On the uppermost deck are three catapults (one up front, two in the back) and along the sides of the ship are small windows for smokepowder canons and ballistas. At the very front is a large ram shaped into the design of an angry bull with a large ring in its snout.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"This, I like." Arei says pulling her backpack on her shoulder tighter. "Ladies.." She motions with her hand, "Shall wel?"

"Oura, sorry I was somewhat distracted earlier, could you use that spell to clean my other trousers?" She asks the mage.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana grows ever more exited as they approach the Bullring. A true galleon! She had only seen them before, never had the chance to set foot on one. She is so wrapped up in thought about how to best become friends with the crew's storm sorcerer that she almost misses Arei's question.
"What? Oh, yes, I'll see to that once we're settled on board" she answers somewhat distractedly, absolutely unable to keep her eyes off the ship.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Nice!" Jocelyn says in surprise as she looks over the ship. "The ship I use to sail on wasn't this big."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Numerous crewmen are carrying cargo up the gangplank, onto the ship itself. Standing guard on either side of the plank on the dock are a human and a dwarf. Both are obvious old salts with leathery skin from years of being in the sun. The human looks to be in his fifties or so, with long black unkempt hair pulled back into a ponytail and a short beard upon his face. A bandanna attempts to keep his bangs out of his eyes. He has a bit of a nervous twitch in his left eye as he scans the docks for trouble.

The dwarf is dark-skinned with violet eyes and a long brown beard. He is shirtless and fairly muscular for his age. He seems more deep in thought than on guard.
Attachments
Human and Dwarf.jpg
Human and Dwarf.jpg (74.59 KiB) Viewed 6084 times