Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Meeting the smugglers

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Meeting the smugglers

Post by Stik »

Martin stands at what he hopes is a safe distance from the hook-handed sailor (although he would be willing to shelter behind the jolly boat if the man looks likely to charge). He holds his blades in front of him, pointing at the sailor as before. "This is over. Drop your sword and I won't feed you to the fishes. Your companions have surrendered. Your captain is dead. This ship is taken.

"Oh! That reminds me," Martin raises his voice, using his "official public speaking" tone, saying: "In accordance with General Admiralty Law and all applicable Maritime Codes and Statutes of the Duchy and County of Ulek, I declare this vessel and its cargo to be Taken as a Prize, subject to all the customary encumbrances and implications associated therewith.

Then, in a slightly lower voice. "You men, please continue to put out that fire. Your actions will be duly noted and given appropriate consideration in the proceedings to follow. You, Doctor Hook, I said drop your sword, pronto."

Then, in a slightly lower voice. "Constable Geraldine, if you please, take this miscreant into custody. If he continues to resist, feel free to rough him up a bit."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Put the fires out." Reller confirms and gives the men a harsh look. "There does not have to be any more bloodshed, today." He stands back and lets the men do their job.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee looks up from the beaten down man, then she turns a full round, looking for other enemys...

"just you left? Bad news I'd say."
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Frithoff brandishes his sword and his hook. "Come on, kill me!" he shouts. "Better die in battle than dangling from a noose!"

The smuggler who had been talking to Reller tells two of those who followed him to fetch buckets of seawater, while he stamps on those flames that can be extinguished that way. With their work, they get the fire out soon, leaving a few charred planks, but no real damage.

After that is done, the man looks at Reller and Kim and says: "My name is Will Stoutley, and I surrender myself and my three men here to you."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Breathing heavily Brax holds her chest and looks up at Gunter, "Round them up, help Geraldine."

Moving towards the captain she takes his blade, and searches his body, checking he is alive at the same time.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"My name is Reller." Reller tells Will in a firm voice. "Stand near when done, I will see that you are treated fairly." Pausing, he adds with a look to the other men. "We might even have a use for you, perhaps."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And I am Kim" the other mage steps forward. "Line up at the rail, and make no threatening move, then you will not be harmed."

Will nods and walks over as told, gesturing his men to come with im. "My brother Tom, and these are Ian and George" he introduces the men as they pass him.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Well, we are not going to burn to death. So, there is hope for us all." Reller jokes with dark humor.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Martin eyes the hook-handed sailor from his place near the jolly boat. "Now you've got me all confused, you creep! I really don't like you, and was trying to kill you. But you just asked us to kill you, on account of it being better than hanging. So now I want to capture you and see you hanged, you know, on account of not liking you and all that. 'Cause it's a worse fate, capisce?
"But then I got to thinking that you might be trying to double-talk us, so we won't kill you. You know, like that story about Anansi the Spider God and the rats? Because you'd rather live, and maybe escape whilst awaiting your trial.
"But then I realized: as honorable as it would be to die in battle, dying in battle against a clown would make you the joke of the afterlife. The shade of a man nibbled to death by pug-dogs would look down on you."

Martin sheaths his rapier while talking and stabs his stiletto into the jolly boat, then draws out three juggling knives. "When you get to the other side, be sure to tell them it was me who sent you." says Martin, as he throws.

[OOC]1d10-1=6, 1d20+3=7, 1d3+1=3, 1d20+3=22, 1d3+1=3, 1d20+1=19, 1d3=2
I forgot to add the +1 bonus to that last damage roll. It should be a total of 6 points of damage done, not 5, assuming both of them hit. [/OOC]
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Brax takes the Captain's broad sword and puts it at a safe distance. This wouldn't be necessary, because the man had his throat ripped out by a furious gnoll and has no chance at survival. Searching him shows that he is wearing good clothes and a good chain mail and helmet. He wears a ring set with gemstones on the index finger of his left hand. His belt pouch contains a fair amount of money, a gemstone and two keys. When Brax is mostly done with her search, Krtk growls and touches her to get her attention, then points to his brother, his head tilted with a questioning look.

Of Martin's three juggling knives, the first clatters harmlessly on the deck. The second and third, hoverver, hit home in the man's tigh and upper left arm. Incredulously, he pulls them out, just as his knees start to buckle. Geraldine had walked around and picked up the knife. He gives it to Martin, saying coldly. "Don't waste your weapon on this vermin. He is stupid enough to pull out the blades that hit him, he will soon fall unconscious from bleeding and we can tie him up nicely then."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Pocketing the items Brax gives Krtk a nod, "Yes." She says in Gnoll, moving towards his brother she tends to his wounds, sand calls on Pelor to heal him. (He is out yes? So will give him 1hp?)

Motioning to Gunter she hands him the sword.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"We are going to have a have a hard time disarming this one, or, indeed, shackling him. On account of the hook, capisce? Can't I just kill him a little bit more? I mean, unlike the others he didn't surrender." Martin takes his knife back from Geraldine and stands waiting for the sailor to collapse so that he may collect his other two knives.

"Not a bad night's work, Constable, wouldn't you agree? Ragtag band of amateur oddballs takes down a smuggling vessel. You yourself were magnificent, until you got clubbed you from behind. But all's well that ends well, neh?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Brax kneels down by Khchk's side and calls upon Pelor's aid to bring him back to consciousness. With the help of his brother, the gnoll slowly stands up, but he's still shaky.

Geraldine looks at Martin and shrugs. "You're not under my orders, so do as you please" she says and turns away, inspecting the ship. When she arrives at the poop deck, she asks: "What about those, Reller, Kim?", pointing to the smugglers lined up at the rail.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Hold!" Brax shouts at the jester. "Ktrk, stop." She motions to the hook handed sailor. "No kill." She adds, offering Khchk her shoulder.

"Lets round them up, so the good constable can detain them."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"They gave themselves up, we take them in of course." Reller says. "Though, we might end up using them as crew if we need sailors that know the ship."