Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords II

Post by Breila »

"You're right, Imani" Babuhska seconds. "And we wouldn't be able to carry them anywhere anyway."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Taking Imanis lead Jerrard hides the armor imani took under a bedroll and closes the chests quietly and ushers Thuskar over. "Help me move these. Please?" He asks, carrying one out to the doorway. "You mean these?" He asks, lowering it to the ground. "Take it."

With that he steps back, "We had a deal."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The five conscious Daergar approach, axes at the ready, slowly and cautiously, about twenty feet then stop. They whisper a bit amongst each other. "There are two of 'em," he says. "And you bring them over here. We ain't stupid, we ain't walking into no trap!"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(Assumed Thuskar would help with the second)

Dragging the chest forward another 10 ft he steps back again. "My friend is bringing the other."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar brings out the second chest and sets it next to the one Jerrard brought out.

Again, the dwarves very carefully approach. "Check 'em," says one. One dwarf moves forward while the others act as an honor guard for him, axes ready.

The dwarf opens the first chest and digs through it. Then he tries the second one. "Armor's gone," he says. "Potion, too."

One of the axe-wielding dwarves sneers at Jerrard. "You holding out on us, wizard?" she asks.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I have taken no armor, we just found them." He replies softly, "Or any potions."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard attempts to lie to the dwarves, telling them there had been no potion or armor originally found. However, due to his lawful alignment and his Solamnic upbringing, he was never much of a liar. As soon as the dwarves hear his stilted, wooden delivery, they become rather suspicious--even more so since it's not a very believable lie.

"So the armor and potion just got up and walked off on their own, eh?" asks one dwarf sarcastically.

"These bastards mean to keep our hard-earned loot to themselves!" says another.

"I say we teach them a lesson then," says a female, scowling.

"Get 'em!" cries another, and the dwaves advance on the party.

===========

Jerrard makes a CHA check (1d20): 12, failed by one point.
Attachments
Depression and Ruins 16.jpg
Depression and Ruins 16.jpg (142.92 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani purses her lips together tightly as she glares at Jerrard's back. "Wait!" she cries out to the dwarves. "You can have the armor and potions. He just doesn't remember much of what happened last night when those chests were found," she says quickly. "Locky, get the potions and armor, now!" she snaps at the kender.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Silly Jerrard." Locky runs off to get the armor and pulls the potion out of her pouch.

"These must have fallen out when I dropped them." She says running back, "Does he look like he was in any state to remember much?" She asks, standing between the dwaves and the group.

---------

"My head is..." He shakes his head.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The dwarves stop at Imani's comment and wait. When the armor and potion are brought to them, they check them, then place them in one of the chests and start to haul them off.

"Just let it be known, Cursebreaker," says one to Fikod as they depart, "that if you ever show your beard in Thorbardin again, there will be payback for this!"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani lets out a sigh and lets her bow drop to her side. "Jerrard, we should have a talk," she says weakly.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed, perhaps you could allow me to study my spells first. In case anything else like that happens again?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The dwarves, gathering the unconscious Oddom and their loot, disappear into the building with the trap door.

"Thuskar and I can keep watch outside, just in case they decide to change their mind and come back," Ulster offers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That would be Good!" Locky chirps up, unaware of the tension. "Can I sit outside with you? I prefer to be outside." Sitting cross legged on the grass she starts to pray.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

During all this, Babushka watched in silence. After the dwarves have left, she sighs. "I really would love to go see where Malika went. But I guess I'd better keep watch here with Ulster and Thuskar."
There's more to me than meets the eye...