Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Tree Lords II

Post by JadedDM »

When morning arrives and the last watch ends, everyone is woken up. The party eats a brief, cold breakfast of dried rations and prepares to break camp. Lareth cracks open his spellbook to memorize new spells for the day. The prisoner Baaz remains tied up and at the elf's side.

===========

It is now Summer Run 15, 6:00 AM.

Ulster's severe fatigue is no longer in effect.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Tree Lords II

Post by Jenara »

Locky wakes slowly, her rest apparently disturbed, glancing up to the group she reaches for her Medallion.

"I will focus on Ulster, as he needs my help most of all, then Jeremy and Jerrard, I really need another day to help you all."

------------------
Casts 2xCure moderate on Ulster: 1d10+1=7, 1d10+1=9 =16 HP Healed.

Casts 1xCure Moderate, 2xCure Light on Jeremy: 1d10+1=2, 1d8=7, 1d8=1 =10 HP Healed.

Casts 3xCure Light on Jerrard: 1d8=4, 1d8=1, 1d8=1 =6 HP Healed.

Some Really bad Dice rolls!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you Locky, Paladine has been most kind." Jerrard says with a bow, "Before we set out, I would like to investigate some items."

Placing the Obisidan Ring he gained from fighting Timir-i-Ling, and the wand from the Dragon Horde on the ground, he motions to Thuskar, "Could you bring me the Armor please? And Babuskha, I would like to look at the Fungus staff if I may? Locky, could you come close? I will take a look at that armor too.."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani stretches out a bit, and eats her rations.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Did you sleep well?" Locky asks the woman, "I wish I could heal you all."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

"Um, Thank you, you've been most kind."Jeremy says to Locky.
He then sets him self to looking for forageables to supplement there rations.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Good Morning Malika." Jerrard adds as he waits for the others to come over with the items.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

This had almost become a routine with the kender, preparing her healing spells and then immediately discharging them all at once. She starts with Ulster, healing the worst of the damage he had suffered. The warrior gets unsteadily back on his feet. "Thanks," he says, able to fight once more.

She then moved on to Jeremy, but her spells proved far less potent here. She got the woodsman back on his feet, although he was still in a lot of pain and would likely have to be careful to avoid the front-line for awhile.

Finally, she moves on to Jerrard. Like with the woodsman, her spells didn't help as much as she had hoped. Still, better than nothing.

"Hey, what about me?" demands the Baaz. "What am I, chopped horsemeat?"

"Do not tempt me," Lareth replies, closing his spellbook.

Jerrard begins his spell of identification, starting with the obsidian ring he took from Timir-i-Ling's body. Touching the item, knowledge of it just floods into his mind, as if he were suddenly remembering something he once knew but had only forgotten. The ring is enchanted with a protective enchantment that extends to the wearer when placed on one's finger.

Next, he touches the wand that the party retrieved from the sea dragon's horde. The wand, when pointed at a person and the command word is spoken (Faas, the draconic word for fear), the victim will instantly become afraid, and may even run away in terror. Jerrard determines that the wand is fully charged, as well.

Next, he moves on to the plate mail that Thuskar has been carrying. He determines it is enchanted with a spell similar to the ring, only more potent. In addition, wearing it makes it feel lighter than it actually is, at least to the wearer.

Asking for Babushka's Fungus Staff, he examines it and suddenly understands its abilities. First, it is enchanted to be slightly more powerful in battle than a normal staff carved from simple wood. Secondly, it has the ability to warn its user when an ambush is coming by becoming hardened without provocation.

Jerrard intends to move on, but because the Fungus Staff has two abilities, that uses up the rest of the spell. His strength suddenly leaves him and he nearly collapses. The spell is apparently quite draining!

While this is going on, Jeremy manages to find another four pounds of food to add to the rations.

==========

Locky casts Cure Moderate Wounds (x2) on Ulster, restoring (2d10+2): 16 HP.
Locky casts Cure Moderate Wounds and Cure Light Wounds (x2) on Jeremy, restoring (1d10+1+2d8): 10 HP.
Locky casts Cure Light Wounds (x3) on Jerrard, restoring (3d8): 6 HP.
Jerrard casts Identify. His CON drops 8 points, and he loses 7 max HP. His max HP total for now is 22. This fatigue will be cured after resting.

The obsidian ring is a Ring of Protection +1. When worn it offers a +1 to AC and all saving throws. It does not stack with magical armor.

The unknown wand from the dragon's horde is a Wand of Fear. It is fully charged and expends one charge per use. Upon doing so, it casts Cause Fear, as the clerical spell of the same name. It can only be used by wizards or priests.

The magical plate mail is Plate Mail +2.

The Fungus Staff functions as a Quarterstaff +1. If a surprise roll is called for, it will protect its owner from being surprised unless a 1 is rolled.

Because the Fungus Staff has two functions, that uses up the rest of the spell. The chain mail remains unidentified for now.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I need to rest, that spell is quite draining." He comments to Lareth, "But your teaching is perfect." Collapsing to the floor he motions to the Armor. "It is very powerful, it would protect you like it was the plate of the greatest Knights. It is not cursed, as far as I can tell."

"You need to decide who should wear it, of the pair of you." He motions to the two warriors, "It is ultimately Imani's choice."

"Babuskha, the Staff has two powers, firstly it is better than a normal staff, and, unless you are really taken by surprise, it stiffens. I believe that is why it didnt react a few times." He adds, before sinking down to the floor, his head dropped.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks up from where she sits. "I would say the two of you could share it, but that would be kind of silly," she admits. "I would suggest Ulster use it."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Jerrard?" Locky asks in alarm, running over to the mage, holding his hand she looks at him in concern. "Is this supposed to happen?" She asks the Elf Mage.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I see," Babushka says, taking back the staff. "Perhaps I can issue a bit more control over it now that I know how it works."

"Alright!" Ulster proclaims, and he immediately begins donning the magical plate armor. When he is done, he really does resemble a Knight of Solamnia, except perhaps, without the typical mustache. Or a helmet.

Lareth nods. "It was unwise to cast it so early in the morning, but what is done is done. You'll feel better tomorrow. But we have rested enough for today; it's still a long way to the next town and we shouldn't waste any further time. Let us be off now."

=============

(OOC: With his shield and the plate mail +2, Ulster's AC is now 0. He just went from having the worst AC in the party to having the best.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani lets out a little laugh at how excited Ulster seems to be about the armor as she stands up. "What are your plans for the Baaz?" she asks. "He looks like the complaining type."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps Jerrard should Ride Lanae?" Locky suggests, "He is quite tired, will you walk with him Malika?"

"He could be useful." She suggests about the Baaz.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

"For target practise maybe." Jeremy says with a slight sneer, spitting in the Baaz's direction, as he readies his donkey.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!