Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 3: Guardian Mountains

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 3: Guardian Mountains

Post by JadedDM »

Leonor smiles and nods to her. "That's what they tell us. I guess we'll know for sure when we get outside. I don't know how people can live underground like this, without the sun and stars."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Living underground protects them from the dangers outside," Echo points out. "Plus, they probably do mining around here, so they are close to their jobs. It make sense, but it isn't for everyone."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I...I'm sure," Leonor says. "I just mean I couldn't bare to live without seeing the sky, is all," she explains. "I'd miss it too much."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why?" Echo asks as she glances up to the top of the cavern. "I guess I never really thought about it before."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leonor arches a brow at Echo. "Really?" she asks, bluntly. "I thought elves loved nature, so it's a little odd to hear you say you don't see the difference between living above ground or under it. Living underground is cold and dark. No sun, no stars, no moons. No wind. I'd go crazy having to live in a place like this everyday; but I guess that's just me."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm only half elf," Echo points out. "My mother seemed to love nature, but I never really paid much attention to it. My nose was always stuck in a book," she explains as she looks around. "Though, I guess there were times that I did enjoy the sun warming me as I read, or laying out under the stars during the summer."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"My family would spend the evening of the longest summer day under the stars," Leonor says, smiling slightly in nostalgia. "It was sort of a tradition. Nowadays, we spend most nights under the stars, right, Sofia?" she asks, stroking the child's head. The girl looks up and nods absently.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why did you join this expedition?" Echo asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Destiny," Leonor says. "After my husband died, I didn't know what to do with my life. Or how to raise Sofia by myself. So I spoke to a cleric of Gonto. I asked her to tell me my destiny. She told me that this expedition was my destiny; that it would somehow prove an important part of Sofia's life, as well. So I sought them out and joined, and I've been with them ever since."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks down at Sofia for a moment. "And have you found your destiny yet?" she finally asks, glancing back up to Leonor. "Or has she for that matter?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leonor smiles. "I guess I'll know it when I see it," she says, her eyes glancing over to Hollidan. She blushes slightly and pushes her hair over her ear in thought.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo follows the woman's gaze with a knowing look. "Have you to talked more?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No," Leonor admits, blushing further. "He's so busy with things, I don't want to bother him."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You know, I asked him to go to Praven with me once all of this was done," Echo admits. "He is from there, so he knows the area, but he told me no."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Why did he say 'no?'" Leonor asks, puzzled. She glances to Hollidan, then back to Echo.