Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 3: Guardian Mountains

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 3: Guardian Mountains

Post by HorizonsDream »

"He said that he couldn't make that type of commitment because his duty is to the pilgrimage if the shield isn't here," Echo explains. She can't really hide the fact that she is a little annoyed by this. "It seemed just like an excuse to me, though."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leonor raises a brow. "You think he was lying? I'm not sure paladins can do that. What other motive could there be then?" she asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Keep in mind that I'm still getting to know him," Echo points out. "So all of this is just conjuncture on my part, but I think he doesn't want to return because of something that might have happened in his past," she explains thoughtfully.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ohhh," Leonor says in understanding. "I got that feeling, too. Whenever I would ask him about his life in Praven, he always changes the subject on me."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Whatever it is, he is hiding from it and he is using his duty as a paladin as his excuse." Echo shakes her head at the idea. "He is probably going to have to face whatever it is one day. Part of me wonders if he lost someone."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I wondered that, too," Leonor says. "I don't know who, though. He doesn't talk about his family or friends back home. It could be just about anyone, I suppose."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I get the feeling it was a child," Echo explains. "Maybe his own child, or a little brother or sister. It was just how he acted when we saved Sophia. He was so protective over her."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"It's possible," Leonor agrees. "The poor man. He has so much pain in him. I wish he would open up more."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It takes a certain amount of trust in another person," Echo says. ~And he is probably the closest thing I have to a friend,~ she thinks to herself. She shakes her head out of that thought process. "I should probably check in with him, at any rate. Whenever your daughter wants to learn some magic, just send her my way, okay?" she says with a little smile before she walks off towards Hollidan, Keet in tow so that he doesn't get lost in the crowd.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yay, magic!" Sofia exclaims. "Pow, pow...boom!" she says, mimicking throwing fireballs from her free hand. She giggles.

Moving through the crowd, Keet in tow, Echo makes her way up behind Hollidan, who is near the front of the masses.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo grins slightly at the antics of the little girl. Though, that quickly fades as she comes up behind Hollidan. She leans over his shoulder a little bit, and says, "Boo."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan looks back over his shoulder toward Echo. "Are you a ghost now? Should I attempt to turn you?" he asks jokingly.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You could give it your best shot," Echo says with a smirk. "But I would consider myself more of a vampire than just a simple ghost."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"That would explain the pale skin," Hollidan admits. "I think vampires are even harder to kill than ghosts, which is kind of weird, when you think about it."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"With ghosts being incorporeal and all, yes I suppose it doesn't make a lot of sense," Echo says. "It is all a holy thing which I don't quite understand completely myself anyway. Maybe they are harder to kill because they are more sentient than ghosts."