Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

The kingdom long divided must unite; long united, must divide.

AD&D 2E Game with some modifications

Moderator: betaraybill

betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by betaraybill »

That's OK - like you said, things should develop naturally. Can I see what you've got?
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Alright, as far as histories go, we decided that our characters' parents were killed by bandits when they were adolescents. The farm they grew up on was destroyed, as well, in the attack.

(Pretty cliche, I know.)

Forced to take care of themselves, they took work where they could find it. Melchior started shepherding for other farmers, as it was easy work and gave him long stretches of time to practice fighting. He never wanted to be in a position of weakness again.

Horizon's character (can't remember if she has a name yet), I think became the apprentice of a potter in town? (Horizon will have to step in here, I can't remember what exactly she decided to do), but found it dull and realized the siblings needed more money. So it became more of a cover, while she turned to thievery. Melchior is unaware of her shady second job, and would be upset if he ever found out; but he doesn't question where the extra income is coming from, either.

They've been living like this for about five years now, living in a small and cheap cottage in town.

That's the basic gist of it.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Her name is Levia.

Everything that Jaded said was right. The only thing I don't have is a set personality for her.
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

Siblings, you say? How many? Ages/genders?
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

By 'the siblings,' I meant Mel and Levia. They didn't have any additional siblings.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Levia is young. 17 I think is the age I gave her.
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

First game post will be up tomorrow evening (my time).

See you guys soon!
-- Bill
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm back from my excursion, I've been to a place that has been described as "there is no holier mountain on earth" (though I think that buddhist, for instance, would object to this!) and it is indeed beautiful and serene.

Alon will have spent his life so far studying the holy books and exercising the daily prayers so he can do them without fail, this will be his first venture into the world. I guess he'll expect everyone to feed and shelter him in exchange for blessings and prayers...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Soooooo...everything alright here? No rush or anything, but you said the first post would be up on the 4th, and here it is, the 6th.

Again, not intending to be impatient, just checking everything is still a go.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Um, so what is going on here? Is this game still a go?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

betaraybill has not logged into the forums in nearly a week. So, whatever the case, something happened. I have no idea what. Or if he will return or not. There's really nothing to do but wait a little longer, see what happens.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I have mailed him, to make sure all is ok
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

I'm sorry everyone. My family has been going through a very difficult time.

A little over a week ago, my girlfriend's mother was transferred to the ICU at Hillcrest in Cleveland due to respiratory complications related to her ALS. At this point, she is still with us, but things don't look so good.

I still want to go forward with the campaign, and I'm sorry I forgot about you all. Frankly, when this all happened, I completely forgot this was going on until I received an e-mail from Jenara.

So, I'm going to go ahead and get started with the campaign right now, if you will still have me. I hope you haven't lost interest. Thank you for bearing with me.
-- Bill
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

On second thought, I might be a little patchy until all of this is resolved. I really don't know what to do... so perhaps it would be best to take a vote.

Jaded, Horizon and Breila; I don't want you all to think I've just been stringing you along. In fact, I feel rather poor as it is about this. So, I want to hear everyone's opinion. The way I see it, there are three options:

We can start now, and you guys can bear with me while these issues are sorted out
We can wait to begin until these issues have been sorted out
We can scrap the campaign

My personal vote is to start now, but I'll wait until I've heard from everyone. Once again, I'm very sorry to you all.
-- Bill
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Bill,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Twenty years ago, my first husband died of MS, so I have some idea of what you're going through. At that time, my gaming friends were one important support group, and they were patient about mypatchy presence. So going along with the game as it can feels like the least I could do to support you. And if there's anything else I can do, send me a pm.

Breila
There's more to me than meets the eye...